Jan 5/6 - NFL WILDCARD BLITZ

BlitzBandit

Friend of CTG
Looks like I made it just in time for the playoffs...

gonna take things one game at a time... so let's do this!

Washington/Seattle UNDER 39 ( 2 units )

Washington @ Seattle -3 ( 1 unit )

There's no doubt both of these teams have brand name running backs, but when you consider the year Alexander has had overall averaging less than 3.5 yards per carry for the season and the fact that Portis has been averaging less than 4 yards per carry during the Skins win streak of 4 games, there doesn't seem to be much to brag about in the running game at this point in time for either team. But it's all good anyway since both teams have been doing well enough in the passing department. That should favor more in Seattles side here. The Skins have good corners, but their pass rush isn't too good at all. Hasselbeck can be hard to stop when he's given time to scope the field. That's why Seattle will have to pass more than not. Even if Alexander or Morris break through the Skins front line, I wouldn't expect them to have too many big gains. The Washington secondary tackles well and no defense allowed fewer rushing yards to come 10 or more yards past the line of scrimmag than the skins did. Hasselback will be picking on Smoot and Torrence all day long and I'm not sure how the Skins will try and handle the Hawks offense when they go 4 wideout sets..

I think Collins will see a rough game, specially if he looks for big plays by going deep too much. The Seahawks have excellent corners as well and the only way I see Collins keeping them in this game is if they continue to do what Washington does well... short screen passes... and just avoid the other stuff.

The Steelers were a team that completely shut down the Hawks to 0 pts. They succeeded mainly because the Seahawks were calling balanced plays offensively. The Steelers have a defense that is capable of defending the run and causing a good pass rush with only 2 or 3 guys, even without Hampton and Polamalu. That caused Seattle to go pass happy and against PITT, the rest was history. I don't believe Washington has those type of front line capabilities. They will need backside help and alot of blitzes to create pressure on Hasselbeck, but Seattle should be able to pick em' up. Besides, I don't think the Skins will be able to do too much blitzing facing 4 wideout sets. This is also the reason I think Seattle will stumble inside the redzone somewhat and will have to settle for field goals. They should be able to move the ball throughout, but they won't be able to run well inside the 20 and the will have to rely on the short passing game, which will stumble a bit there as well.

With all that said, I think The UNDER looks pretty solid as a play as Washington will step things up in the redzone to stay in this one and keep it close. I'll also throw some on the home team here... even though it may end up a very close game.

I'll more than likely be on PIT for the later game... just haven't made it official yet.

gl to all

I am feeling alittle confident here. I hate to jinx myself but it looks like I might win a game. I am leaning toward Pitt +3 in the next game...any thoughts on that one?

I have Pitt +3 & a teaser w/ Pitt +9 & over 35.5 ...would love to hit them both...overs has me alittle scared......Let's do this!!!!

stupid challenge.....his hair was out of bounds.....f...in Pitts. coaching.....there is nothing there.....unreal....they are grasping for straws....losers.....

Hats off to all you guys!!!! I hope tomorrow is a repeat with more winners for us!!!!!! I am leaning right now toward T.B. -3 ( I think NYG dropped their load last week ) & I think that 9 or 10 to Tenn is way too much in a play off game....what do you think Blitz?

Nice. If Seattle hadnt coughed it up you knew they wouldnt score much more, but Wash forced them to. You were hard done by but Pitt made up for it.

:cheers:

good day, B. we got hosed on that was/sea under though. 13 pts after 3, then the flood gates opened...thx to seattle mistakes.

Hats off to all you guys!!!! I hope tomorrow is a repeat with more winners for us!!!!!! I am leaning right now toward T.B. -3 ( I think NYG dropped their load last week ) & I think that 9 or 10 to Tenn is way too much in a play off game....what do you think Blitz?

sorry for the late response bud... I lean to tampa too, but as a Giants fan, I still have faith in them that they can do this... just staying away instead... hehe.. gl with the play

18_1_319.gif

:smiley_acbe:

adding for the late game...

I was kinda leaning to the Titans on this at first... mainly because if they key on LT, which they will, they are capable of almost shutting him down... but I also don't think one td and one fg is enough pts for the Titans...

so here's the plays for me...

Tennessee @ San Diego -10 ( 1 unit )

Tennessee/San Diego UNDER 38.5 ( 1 unit )

:shake:

1st round results...

Washington/Seattle UNDER 39 ( 2 units ) loss

Washington @ Seattle -3 ( 1 unit ) WON

Jacksonville @ Pittsburgh +2.5 ( 2 units ) WON

Tennessee @ San Diego -10 ( 1 unit ) WON

Tennessee/San Diego UNDER 38.5 ( 1 unit ) WON

4-1 ( +2.8 units )

Back