Jan 5/6 - NFL DIVISIONAL BLITZ

BlitzBandit

Friend of CTG
4-1 last week... let's keep it going...

Gonna do things just like I did last weekend... one game at a time...

Seattle +9 @ Green Bay ( 2 units )

The Packers like to run a lot of slant patterns with their receivers. They use it to attack man coverages. Against Seattle, I don't think that will work too well since Seattle mainly uses the Tampa Cover 2 zone. But it will be key for Seattle to pressure Favre with their front seven, which is underrated and not given much credit by alot of folks out there. They were able to pressure Collins last weekend, the thing is, Favre gets rid of the ball quickly. He may be old, but he still knows how to avoid sacks when the pressure is on. Green Bays' offensive line is also very solid at pass blocking for him, so that makes things a bit harder for the Hawks, but I think that's something they can overcome.

The Packers line is actually a bit weaker at run blocking and Seattle is good at stopping the run. The problem for Seattle there is that they have a tendency to give up long runs once a running back gets past their front line. Ryan Grant has been playing great and is very capable of getting past that front line plenty, so they will have their hands full. Grant was such an improvement to their running game that the Packers rushing value over average ranked 15th through the first eight games and jumped to 4th through the second half of the season. Seattles' rush defense, however, also made the exact same kind of jump through the season. Their value over average ranking at stopping the run through the first eight games was 15th... their ranking also went to 4th through the second half. With that said, I think Grant is going to have his work cutout for him.

Defensively, the Packers had the most defensive penalties in the league this season. And it is their secondary that has been the most responsible. They led the league in defensive pass interference and illegal contact penalties. Not something to be proud of. They would need to avoid these kind of mistakes this week or they may end up losing this one straight up.

Seattle has only lost by this many points twice this season. The first was a 21-0 loss AT PIT in which Seattle was off a 23-3 win AT SF when they entered that game and PIT came off a loss to the Cardinals (of all teams). Winning back to back road games is tough enough... playing the second road game against a pissed off PIT team on their turf is that much tougher... that's why PIT had no problems covering the 5.5 pts. The second time the Seahawks lost by this many points was the week following that PIT game where they lost to the Saints at home. They lost by 11 ( just barely over that 9 ).

The thing is, even if the Packers win this game like they are supposed to, I don't see a blowout. Seattle has a great passing attack and if GB goes up on them, they are still good enough to get the backdoor cover.

I'll be back before the Jac/Pats game to throw out what will end up being my biggest play for this weekend.

gl to everyone this weekend... and I hope we can all cash.

Gl,

I'm on the other side, Seattle isnt in the same leauge as the packers, Hassleback threw 2 intercepts last week against a less than stellar Washington defense, I thing Green Bays Defense is underrated

Wow.. I just got in from a real hectic day at work today... looks like Seattle didn't have a good day either... good think I didn't get to watch the game...

anyway... not much time for any writeups at this point, but then again, there's not much to New England that everyone doesn't already know...

here's my big play for the week....

Jacksonville @ New England -13.5 ( 5 units )

it should be New England all day long... well, at least for the second half... I figure Jacksonville may keep it close for awhile.. but it won't last.

Gl,

I'm on the other side, Seattle isnt in the same leauge as the packers, Hassleback threw 2 intercepts last week against a less than stellar Washington defense, I thing Green Bays Defense is underrated

you were definitely on the right side bro... wish I really woulda put more thought into things... good job

Well...you can count me in on this Blitz.....GLT us tonite....I think N.E. shoves up Jax ass :smiley_acbe:

wow... took a tough one today... looks like the cover came down to a Gostkowski missed fg... kudos to all the Jags backers... they were really prepared and up for this one.

thanks Free... appreciate that.... :shake:

well... I was down quite a bit after the Saturday games... on Sunday, I took the G-Men for four units locally, but when I got back and tried to post, my internet was down... and it stayed down til' midway through the second game... sad to say since the Giants won straight up... Being from Dallas, it's been rough putting up with all the local trash talk everywhere I go since everyone who knows me knows I'm a giants fan... but I got the last laugh on em'... so it's all good there...

I had my write up and my post ready to go.. so sorry for the lack of posts... still ended up down for the week since that was the only thing I played today, but it wasn't too bad after today...

anyway, I'll keep the posting with only what I posted... looks like it turned out to be a pretty good doggy weekend afterall.... except for Seattle which happened to be the one I took.

Lets really break that matchup down and analize the lines once we know more about the status of the players. Should be another exciting game day. Congrats on your G-Men :cheers:

Back