Jan 28 NBA

SF_capper

CTG addict
Played Orlando -4- 5 units for 2m already. wont start new thread because I feel hopeless

another bad day yesterday. starting with Sacramento's quesitonable run at the end of the fourth and capped with Lakers not completing my teaser. I say Sac's run was questionable because I capped the game pretty much right, and all logic says it should have ended the way I saw it. I figured it'd be close only to have Clveeland make a run at the end and close out the game on a big run. I got that and it was like a 20 pt game with 4 to go. Sacramento had a HUGE game, playing Boston with the big revenge the next night. It would be their 4th game in 5 so logic says, down DD with 6 to go, you bench your starters to rest up for the big game 2m. That didn't happen. Down 20 with 4 to go? Nope, and Sac kept their starters back in and with the game essentially over they walked thru the backdoor. Before yeserday's game, I figured Sac would throw the cleveland game away and play their hearts out against Boston so I played Sacramento +17- 2 units. However, after watching that performance, I've hedged out and took Boston -17, and ate the .2 units. Gonna try to get out of this slump I'm in. Losing pretty badly 3/4 nights now

Plays:
Indiana -6- 2 units
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->1st Q Toronto -.5 -115- 1 unit L
Toronto pk- 2 units
--Toronto -2- 1 unit
Denver +155- 1.6 units for 2.48
Denver +4 (-105)- 1 unit<!-- / message -->
Detroit pk- 3 units
--Detroit -1 (-115)- 1 unit
Portland -11.5 (-105)- 2 units
4th Q Portland pk (-115)- 2 units
2nd H Portland -1.5 - 2 units L
Homers +7 (-105)- 3 units
1st Q CLips +1 (-115)- 2 units
Clippers +3- 4 units
-Clips +2.5 (-105)- 2 unit
-Clips +130 (risking) 1 unit
3 team teas: miami -.5, portland -3.5, clips +11 (-120)- 2 units
2nd H OKC -5 (-105)- 2 units
2nd H Clips +1 (-105)- 3 units

5-13

ytd:
144-126
+11.0151

BAR has a nice explanation on this one, and I like it a lot. First glance thought Minny, but a closer look shows this is a huge game for detroit. The once all-mighty vet team that would look past opponents and toy with others, now is average at best and needs to get any wins they can. To avoid a 5 game losing streak, they need this one. Big revenge game as well as Detroit got blown out by nearly 30 at home to these guys a couple months back. Minnesota riding high, and maybe even to the point where they start looking past opponents- to possibly the Lakers on Friday. I really hate trying to guess when this hot streak ends for Minnesota, but this looks like a great spot.

other interests are: Clippers and Portland
Pissed off I didn't play Portland -9.5 yesterday, as i think when I get to it it'll be at least 11. Portland with revenge from when Charlotte beat them in OT. Charlotte playin real well but off double OT big victory over the Lakeshow and arguably their best player looks to be out for awhile.

Clippers NEED this game. they are the worst team in the league right now, but they still have must wins. Last home game before heading off for the road trip, and you can tell the sense of urgency for this game in trying to bring Baron back. I don't like what this does to their perception or the line, but I do like what this shows of the Clippers' mindsets for this game: they need it.

Last edited:
BOL SF, i kept contemplating on DET/MIN game and i really like MIN PK but i just decided to back off of it. i feel you on the clippers .. they have so much talent but theyre all over the place. they do need this game..either way im only touching BULLS/CLIPS 1H

anyways GL SF

this one way have been a forced bet, but I'll ride it
Toronto pk- 2 units

I'm done trying to figure out this Nets team and from now on will just put them in the category of "bad" until they proove to me otherwise. Toronto seems to have improved greatly with Calderon back. With nether Harris nor Carter playing 100%, I'll take it that Toronto evens up the season series. Its been going Nets W-Toronto-Nets-I think Raptors get it here. Better team here playing at possibly the worst relative home team. Toronto, along with just about everyone in the east not from washington, is trying to make a push for the playoffs. Toronto has the talent and seem to be gelling decently with the inbjured players back, with Barg starting. I dont typically cap like this, but trying to switch it up and just ride my gut which has been better than my picks lately. No one can handle Bosh, and altho no1 on Tornto can really keep up with Harris, I'll assume that Bosh's dominance will outperform Harris's. Two teams going in opposite directions right now and I just have to bet on the winner. Jersey off a road trip and go back on the road after this. Maybe some locals can telll me, but is Yi's absence the reason they are so bad lately? I would've never thunk it, but it seems to be true.NJ has been getting killed albeit by good teams (home n home vs boston, vs potrland, at new orleans, at SA, at OKC) and until they can beat sum1 besides memphis (who i still bet on yesterday after my oath to myself i wouldn't :( ) I think fading them with no spread should be a winning proposition

Very similar thoughts today...

Clips, if Davis is back make sense and Portland makes sense as well, but I would be careful there. I remember still how Clips coming B2B after winning in Portland, won Rockets the night afterwards, despite double OT. Many times, such a win gives such adrenaline rush that team comes pumped up to the next game as well. Still, Wallace was simply great lately and I doubt he plays, so Blazers do have the upper hand on paper even with the high line...

Best of luck!

Thanks guys

Indiana -6- 2 units
Clippers +3- 2 units
-Clips +130 (risking) 1 unit
Portland -11.5 (-105)- 2 units

thoughts on Indy? I have them as a pretty big play and curious as to your thoughts??
Indy looks to be fully healthy , most anyone played last night was 28 minutes. The 2nd unit for indy should be able to keep scoring on milw, i don't think mil can keep up with the scoring of indy.
thanks, bol on your plays.

thoughts on Indy? I have them as a pretty big play and curious as to your thoughts??
Indy looks to be fully healthy , most anyone played last night was 28 minutes. The 2nd unit for indy should be able to keep scoring on milw, i don't think mil can keep up with the scoring of indy.
thanks, bol on your plays.

yea similair thoughts. just like taking indi at home with all their talent and still the need to get Ws for a playoff push. I got burned with milwaukee last game, and maybe I'll take em when bogut returns, but until then they are bad and should be treated as so. Their number 1 opttion is rjeff with no1 as their number 2 (maybe villanueva?) that won't cut it. I think granger should be in, and indiana should get back to their winning ways off that loss yesterday

Back