Jan 23 NBA

SF_capper

CTG addict
new ytd:
121-88
+47.7651
not much in the writeup mood right now. My thoughts are almost identical to JPicks. Already played Golden State +7.5- 2 units at open as I knew it would go down. Gonna be on:

Plays:
Charlotte +4 (3 units)W
Indiana 1st Q pk -115 (3 units) L
Indiana 1st H pk -105 (3 units) W
Indiana pk -105 (3 units) W
Memphis +6 (2 units)
1st Q Minnesota pk -115/ 2 at-110 (3 units) L
Minnesota 1st H pk(3 units) (1 at -105) L
Minnesota pk -105 (3 units) W
Toronto 1st Q +1 -115 (4 units) W
Golden State +7.5 (2 units)
GS 1st H +3.5 -105 (2 units)
8 pt teaser- Indiana +8, Char +12, SA -3.5 -120 (2 units) L
Detroit 2nd H -5.5 (even)- 2 units L
Minnesota 2nd H -2 -105- 2 units
2nd H San Antonio -9.5 -115- 2 units L
1st H LAC +2 -105- 3 units

so far:
8-8

Last edited:
GSW play makes sense. Doubt I will play it myself, but Cleveland, despite doing their thing in Portland, still has big problems. I might be tempted to take very small bet on GSW ML, maily because if they lose, I worry it can be by DD, since as I understand, Biderins is out as well, so GSW are officialy with no big guys, only Turiaf. The main reason to play ML (in my opinion), is not to miss Cleveland loss, as I just don't believe they will win today and tomorrow in Utah B2B. So a small bet on GSW today and if LeBron wins, to go hard on Utah tomorrow, hopefully they will still be without Kirilenko, so odds will be nice for this bet.
Atlanta isn't a team I would trust at this point wth the line against them. Bucks are hot and after two losses, maybe they will start a new trend with two wins, mainly because Hawks still got 0 inside threat.

I honestly don't like today's card too much, might stay off playing it all together...

GL!!!

P.S. Just read that Ellis will probably play today. Can make the bet even harder to win, since GSW will be mostly focused on getting him with the team perhaps...

GSW play makes sense. Doubt I will play it myself, but Cleveland, despite doing their thing in Portland, still has big problems. I might be tempted to take very small bet on GSW ML, maily because if they lose, I worry it can be by DD, since as I understand, Biderins is out as well, so GSW are officialy with no big guys, only Turiaf. The main reason to play ML (in my opinion), is not to miss Cleveland loss, as I just don't believe they will win today and tomorrow in Utah B2B. So a small bet on GSW today and if LeBron wins, to go hard on Utah tomorrow, hopefully they will still be without Kirilenko, so odds will be nice for this bet.
Atlanta isn't a team I would trust at this point wth the line against them. Bucks are hot and after two losses, maybe they will start a new trend with two wins, mainly because Hawks still got 0 inside threat.

I honestly don't like today's card too much, might stay off playing it all together...

GL!!!

P.S. Just read that Ellis will probably play today. Can make the bet even harder to win, since GSW will be mostly focused on getting him with the team perhaps...

thats a possibility and ellis has only practiced a little with the team, so tailer beware this ould be a homer play with our star back. howeverm this is still a nice spot to fade Cleveland. they've been doin a lot of traveling, and just came off the win in portland before they got game in utah. Jackson is a great defender, and I dont think Ive seen players dominate him. We respond well to tough losses, esp with a little time for it to get mad and pumped. When pumped up, we are still a dangerous team, and oracle will be ROCKIN like it hasnt been all season. Monta back, Lebron in the building, friday night... it's not like cleveland has been spectacular on the road lately anyway. There's no big man in the post the abuse us down low. Homer pik but I still like it.

:happy: just beat the line move. Played Charlotte plus 4, 20 minutes later, down to 3.5. Trying to catch best lines on all of these obviously

good job of catching good numbers...your boys 'bout to get lebron'd!!

i will be playing the warriors as well, although cautiously. think this is another spot where we'll miss Z bad--he'd likely score 20+ in this game not to mention clear the paint like he always does.

i was going to play it big, but there are several things that are going against us here. cavs have had very good success vs the west---a great ats mark from last year and have won 12 of 14 this year. gsw and their high pace might be a problem, as the cavs are 20-0 when they score 100+ (9 of those on the road). as i pointed out in jpicks' thread--on 1st legs of a b2b this year when the 2nd leg has been a road game, they are winning games by 17.2 ppg--i think this has a lot to do with recognizing a weakness and minimizing it (these numbers are all home games, which obviously skews it). you would think the shooting percentage would even out from game 1, but gs also had a +10 advantage in free throws with 33 attempts, making 27 in a 15 pt loss--so tough to count on that again.

that being said, it's ridiculous to give this many points to the team that will be jacked up in probably the toughest place to play in the nba on a friday night. there's 11 cavs games until the break---i'll probably fade them at least 7 times, this being one of them.

and i'm on charlotte as well (shocking)...gl

I am so stubborn. New Orleans is good, they're raising play for msised men. Sean Marks should be in the Hall of Fame... wait
Minnesota 2nd H -2 -105- 2 units

Clippers been home for awhile. OKC should have a hangover off the big buzzer beater. Feel obliged to take ti. made it 3

you know what i always wondered....how in the fucking world does someone as horrendous and as big as cancer as ricky davis remain in the NBA? i didnt think i actually hated any human on the planet....but i think i hate ricky davis. he makes me want to vomit everytime i see him....

and i apologize for putting this in your thread, but i took the clip's first half too and i immediately regretted it upon seeing his name again.

Back