Jan. 21. 09.

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
Going to see how much I time I have to do a small w/up on the games of interest. Need to get back to grass roots level after some unspectacular times. Do yourself a favor and don't tail anything that I'm playing.

Charlotte/Memphis

SF covered the main point of this one. Memphis has covered 15 games this year and has 12 wins. The three covers they didn't win SU they were 12.5 point dogs on opening night and lost by 11, 11.5 point dogs to Phx and lost by 5 (outscoring Phx by 7 in the 4th), 13 point dogs and losing by 3 to the Spurs in OT. The Spurs loss is the highlight of them all as they actually fought to the buzzer. So it's either Grizzlies ML or Cats ATS with that history and the single digit line.

Memphis has now lost 6 straight and 9/10 ATS. They look pathetic in every sense of the word. Last time they played the Cats, Charlotte shot 66% for a franchise record @Mem. Grizzlies might remember that 30 point beating. Can't believe that this Memphis team actually beat Orlando at one point this year.

Sometimes the best thing to get out of a major rut is to hit the road. Charlotte has some old teammates coming into town on Friday before they embark on a huge WC road trip. One could easily argue that this is a game they absolutely have to win, but I see it more as an afterthought for them. It's not as if they're thinking about their playoff positioning and worrying about how a loss could affect them. I may be a sucker for a dog, but I'll be on the Grizz with a 50/50 split on the ML.

Toronto @ Detroit

Raptors look to be completely lost with Bosh calling Moon out for his horrible play lately. Losers of 6 straight they've been consistent in losing by 3-6 points every night. Perfect team to avoid unless they're favored or dogged huge. Teams tend to have a huge win or a blowout loss before working their way out of these kind of "slumps".

Pistons announced that Hamilton will be coming off the bench for the time being and I really don't know how that'll affect them.

Way to many questions in this game to get involved.

Boston @ Miami

Pierce, Perkins and Marion keep a line from being released. Tough spot for the Celtics trying to avoid looking ahead to the Magic on Thursday. Heat also have the Magic to play on Friday, but they certainly can't afford to look ahead. First game home from their successful road trip and Wade looks to be in prime form. Wade himself can't get this done and I don't see a ton of help coming his way. Really see the triangle playing out with Boston covering at Miami, Orlando covering vs Bos, and then Miami covering vs Orlando. Of course injuries can change those thoughts. Boston does look strong finally getting some rest with this being their 4th game in 8 nights and their last 3 games provided comfortable leads to give the big 3 some rest. Lean Boston with a reasonable line.

Phoenix @ NY

Impossible for me not to like the over in this one. Team shot 43% in their first matchup and still rolled up 214 points. Suns coming off of a game where they had 23 TO's and are playing with a day off before and after the game. Knicks have been an under machine lately which gives me great pause on betting any over involving them. Really like the idea of taking the 5 points with the knicks and the over. Not sure either is solid enough to jump on, but would certainly lean that way. Need to look way deeper into this one.

Try to write up the rest tomorrow.

The problem is it is not a rut. The Grizz have had plenty of talent to compete with. The owner wants draft picks and the team is getting zero pressure to do anything. Jordan hired a coach and has gotten constructive trades down. Most of myself included went crazy yesterday not playing Denver vs the Kings who simply can lose by 30 at the drop of a health. I see the same psychotic problems with the Grizz and they as a team dominated the Bobcats for a long time which the Bobcats Remember. For me the KISS systm seems right. Team A 6-4 ats last 10 at home. Team B 2-8 ats away but in any case BOL

The problem is it is not a rut. The Grizz have had plenty of talent to compete with. The owner wants draft picks and the team is getting zero pressure to do anything. Jordan hired a coach and has gotten constructive trades down. Most of myself included went crazy yesterday not playing Denver vs the Kings who simply can lose by 30 at the drop of a health. I see the same psychotic problems with the Grizz and they as a team dominated the Bobcats for a long time which the Bobcats Remember. For me the KISS systm seems right. Team A 6-4 ats last 10 at home. Team B 2-8 ats away but in any case BOL

I can certainly see where your thoughts are coming from on this one. Still think it's a rut as they have talent and I can promise you the team doesn't care about draft picks. I'll listen to draft pick talk sometime in March. No doubt that the Charlotte organization is more in a mode to actually start accomplishing things more so than the Grizzlies. If it was that easy the Cubs would have won the WS by now though. Still like the spot for the Grizzlies to pull off the upset tonight.

Played so far:
Rockets -3 -- Thinking about a 9 point win
Grizz ML +230 -- half unit play
knicks/suns O219.5
Mavs -1

Still haven't looked at the last 4, but I'll try and write them up before the games tip off tonight.

i like the mavs too jp, thanks for your bulls warning---wish i would have read it in time. you're right, they are garbage, but i thought a lot moreso on the road---i was wrong.

i like the mavs too jp, thanks for your bulls warning---wish i would have read it in time. you're right, they are garbage, but i thought a lot moreso on the road---i was wrong.

No problem man. Sorry about the loss. Went and re-read what I had wrote after the game and I think I kind of came off as an ass so if you took it that way at all my apologies.

rockets, mavs GL
:cheers:

gonna tail on houston , gl.

GL JP
if you got time, why dallas?

Just see this is a time for a major upswing for Dallas. The fact that they were able to overcome Howard's return and find a way to win @PHI was big in my eyes. They have enough pieces now to really cause teams problems. I mean Howard and Nowitzki have never had the best on-court relationship so I really banked on the first game back together being difficult. Well it was for them as they combined to go 10-36, but they have two other weapons in Howard and Kidd who picked up the slack.

On the Bucks side of the ball I think this team is terrible defensively w/out Bogut in the lineup. Consider that up to Jan 2 (last game before Bogut got hurt the first time) they had gone 9 straight games w/out giving up 100 points. Since then they've given up 100 or more in 8 of 10 games. In 3 of those 10 games Bogut did play, but the defensive rhythm wasn't there and they gave up 100 in two of those games. Bucks have had a great ATS run in the first half of the year but they're 2-5 ATS L7 and are really in a tough stretch of their season with little to no rest. This will be their 14th game in 22 days and they haven't had two days off in a row since Christmas. From their defensive effort I'd say that the schedule is catching up with them a bit.

So I've got one team that is trending downwards and could be facing a bit of exhaustion w/out their center and another team who just got back their 2nd best scorer and is building momentum. Pretty much the bottom line for me on the play and I'm only required to lay a point.

No problem man. Sorry about the loss. Went and re-read what I had wrote after the game and I think I kind of came off as an ass so if you took it that way at all my apologies.

Just see this is a time for a major upswing for Dallas. The fact that they were able to overcome Howard's return and find a way to win @PHI was big in my eyes. They have enough pieces now to really cause teams problems. I mean Howard and Nowitzki have never had the best on-court relationship so I really banked on the first game back together being difficult. Well it was for them as they combined to go 10-36, but they have two other weapons in Howard and Kidd who picked up the slack.

On the Bucks side of the ball I think this team is terrible defensively w/out Bogut in the lineup. Consider that up to Jan 2 (last game before Bogut got hurt the first time) they had gone 9 straight games w/out giving up 100 points. Since then they've given up 100 or more in 8 of 10 games. In 3 of those 10 games Bogut did play, but the defensive rhythm wasn't there and they gave up 100 in two of those games. Bucks have had a great ATS run in the first half of the year but they're 2-5 ATS L7 and are really in a tough stretch of their season with little to no rest. This will be their 14th game in 22 days and they haven't had two days off in a row since Christmas. From their defensive effort I'd say that the schedule is catching up with them a bit.

So I've got one team that is trending downwards and could be facing a bit of exhaustion w/out their center and another team who just got back their 2nd best scorer and is building momentum. Pretty much the bottom line for me on the play and I'm only required to lay a point.

ty. on milwaukee 1st H, but if it hits I'll be on dallas with u for the 2nd h

gl tonight

J, would really appreciate if u could explain your Houston bet. Was leaning on Utah. BOL tonite !:cheers:

Sorry man. Just saw this. Looks like time is really short. Jazz w/out AK tonight having just played last night. Probably got into Houston about 5 am this morning local time. Rockets still have a ton of hate for the jazz as they've been eliminated last two years in the playoffs by them. Jazz next three are Cle, Den, and Sas. They know they can beat Houston and I doubt they'll put a ton of effort into proving it tonight. Probably the worst b2b scheduling spot in the league. Hope that helps.

Don't worry I have live betting and anyway was gonna wait for that. Thanks for reply. In December Jazz where in a terrible spot too, although not so much lookeahead, and still Houston didn't cover despite double OT. Back then Okur and Millsap where out too. I thought Jazz wanted revenge. :shake:

Don't worry I have live betting and anyway was gonna wait for that. Thanks for reply. In December Jazz where in a terrible spot too, although not so much lookeahead, and still Houston didn't cover despite double OT. Back then Okur and Millsap where out too. I thought Jazz wanted revenge. :shake:

Well you can never count on the Jazz to roll over in obvious spots like many teams do as long as Jerry Sloan is the coach. Still he's not playing and this spot is terrible. GL with whatever you decide. :cheers:

Rockets -3 -- Thinking about a 9 point win

:tiphat: Nice call JP

thanks man. 9 point win it was.

Going to get heavily invested in the Lakers 2nd half here. Certainly a blueprint for what's happening.

Lakers 2nd Half -8.5 (-05c) along with the 3rd quarter -4 bet

Yeah, had Portland -2.5 2nd half. Shows how tight this second half lines are.
Impressive prediction on Hou ! Guess i was asking the right person if u even knew the number :).

Back