Jamal Lewis and Joe J. - whew

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
For you Browns fans out there.

Oh, all right, you fantasy folks, too.

Berea, OH (Sports Network) - Cleveland Browns head coach Romo Crennel announced at his Monday press conference that X-rays taken on running back Jamal Lewis' foot and wideout Joe Jurevicius' knee both came back negative.

Lewis left Cleveland's 34-17 loss to New England on Sunday with a strained right foot after running for 11 yards on his only carry of the game.
In his first season with Browns, Lewis has amassed 382 yards on the ground with two touchdowns.

Jurevicius left in the second quarter with swelling in his right knee. He has 12 catches for 132 yards and three touchdowns this season.

i think if u have been starting Lewis on your fantasy team your season was well over before it even began.....

well even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.....

or 50% of the time, seeing as he ran for 60+ yards and a score in week 4.

in your first reply, you could easily be talking about LT, S. Jackson, Gore, and LJ.

True, and, honestly, if you are starting Jamal Lewis even as your second back, you'd better have drafted someone like LT with the first pick--not that he's paying off right now, but you see what I'm saying.

i think if u have been starting Lewis on your fantasy team your season was well over before it even began.....

Not a good year for RB's in general so having him is/was not a bad option considering a few that have gone down already with injuries (jackson, cadillac) or the ones who are just dogs (maroney, lj.)

One thing is for certain the injuries this year gotta be at an all time high every week it seems another big name goes down.

i can not believe this guy is actually being defended as a legit #2 RB right now....

<TABLE id=pc style="FONT-SIZE: 7pt" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=pcStatHead><TD class=pcTanRight style="PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 2px" width=100>WK</TD><TD class=pcTanRight style="PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 2px" width=100>OPP</TD><TD class=pcTanRight style="PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 2px" align=right width=100>ATT</TD><TD class=pcTanRight style="PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 2px" align=right width=100>YDS</TD><TD class=pcTanRight style="PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 2px" align=right width=100>TD</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 2px" align=right width=100>PTS</TD></TR><TR><TD id=pcEven style="BORDER-RIGHT: #fff 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">1</TD><TD class=pcRight id=pcEven style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.15em; PADDING-TOP: 0.15em">Pit</TD><TD class=pcRight id=pcEven style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.15em; PADDING-TOP: 0.15em; TEXT-ALIGN: right">11</TD><TD class=pcRight id=pcEven style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.15em; PADDING-TOP: 0.15em; TEXT-ALIGN: right">35</TD><TD class=pcRight id=pcEven style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.15em; PADDING-TOP: 0.15em; TEXT-ALIGN: right">0</TD><TD id=pcEven align=right>2</TD></TR><TR><TD id=pcOdd style="BORDER-RIGHT: #fff 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">2</TD><TD class=pcRight id=pcOdd style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.15em; PADDING-TOP: 0.15em">Cin</TD><TD class=pcRight id=pcOdd style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.15em; PADDING-TOP: 0.15em; TEXT-ALIGN: right">27</TD><TD class=pcRight id=pcOdd style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.15em; PADDING-TOP: 0.15em; TEXT-ALIGN: right">216</TD><TD class=pcRight id=pcOdd style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.15em; PADDING-TOP: 0.15em; TEXT-ALIGN: right">1</TD><TD id=pcOdd align=right>35</TD></TR><TR><TD id=pcEven style="BORDER-RIGHT: #fff 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">3</TD><TD class=pcRight id=pcEven style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.15em; PADDING-TOP: 0.15em">@Oak</TD><TD class=pcRight id=pcEven style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.15em; PADDING-TOP: 0.15em; TEXT-ALIGN: right">15</TD><TD class=pcRight id=pcEven style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.15em; PADDING-TOP: 0.15em; TEXT-ALIGN: right">56</TD><TD class=pcRight id=pcEven style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.15em; PADDING-TOP: 0.15em; TEXT-ALIGN: right">0</TD><TD id=pcEven align=right>7</TD></TR><TR><TD id=pcOdd style="BORDER-RIGHT: #fff 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">4</TD><TD class=pcRight id=pcOdd style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.15em; PADDING-TOP: 0.15em">Bal</TD><TD class=pcRight id=pcOdd style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.15em; PADDING-TOP: 0.15em; TEXT-ALIGN: right">23</TD><TD class=pcRight id=pcOdd style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.15em; PADDING-TOP: 0.15em; TEXT-ALIGN: right">64</TD><TD class=pcRight id=pcOdd style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.15em; PADDING-TOP: 0.15em; TEXT-ALIGN: right">1</TD><TD id=pcOdd align=right>12</TD></TR><TR><TD id=pcEven style="BORDER-RIGHT: #fff 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">5</TD><TD class=pcRight id=pcEven style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.15em; PADDING-TOP: 0.15em">@NE</TD><TD class=pcRight id=pcEven style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.15em; PADDING-TOP: 0.15em; TEXT-ALIGN: right">1</TD><TD class=pcRight id=pcEven style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.15em; PADDING-TOP: 0.15em; TEXT-ALIGN: right">11</TD><TD class=pcRight id=pcEven style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.5em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.15em; PADDING-TOP: 0.15em; TEXT-ALIGN: right">0</TD><TD id=pcEven align=right>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

this has definately been the year of the QB/WR combo... RBs have fallen by the wayside so far this year and are not even close to putting up the numbers that were expected of them in pre-season. but i would still not even start to consider starting Lewis as a #2 RB unless all other options have been exhausted.....

this has definately been the year of the QB/WR combo... RBs have fallen by the wayside so far this year and are not even close to putting up the numbers that were expected of them in pre-season. but i would still not even start to consider starting Lewis as a #2 RB unless all other options have been exhausted.....

Ha! You havent seen my team then...I just picked up Jason Wright on the off chance Lewis cant go next week vs Miami...

:hang:

I just picked up Jason Wright on the off chance Lewis cant go next week vs Miami...

Holy cripes.

If you're not kidding, I can't advise that. Wright splits time with Harrison behind Lewis. And, frankly, I wish they were both better.

if you are in a 12 team league that starts 3 RBs.... name a better 3rd RB. do you guys all draft with idiots? if you have alexander parker and marion barber as your 3 starting RBs, you can answer yes to that question.

I have Addai on my with a bye and had Deuce but we know what happened there so i've been scrambling all season until I picked up Sammy Morris who I think will still have more fantasy value than Maroney all season. But with all the byes this week you will see Jason Wright starting in a lot of places especially against the Dolphins. Their run defense is atrocious.

Back