Jamal Charles asks for Manning Autograph

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
ansas City Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles apparently was so impressed with Peyton Manning's performance against his team that he asked for the quarterback's autograph after the game.
[h=4]Mike and Mike in the Morning[/h]<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://a.espncdn.com/swf/espnradio/09/audio_player_circular_v2.swf" height="70" width="86" id="flashPodcastSwf" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;"></object>
Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic react to the report that Jamaal Charles asked Peyton Manning for an autograph following Broncos-Chiefs. Plus, ESPN's Buster Olney weighs in.

In its postgame report, KCTV aired video of Charles waiting for Manning as he departed the stadium to get his autograph. Manning rallied the AFC West-leading Denver Broncos to their eighth win of the season as the last-place Chiefs dropped their eighth straight game.
"My mom wanted this autograph," he told the television station.
Receiver Dwayne Bowe, meanwhile, got his picture taken with Manning.
"It's Peyton Manning," he said. "Who wouldn't want a picture with him?"
Bowe, who is scheduled to be a free agent after the season and is playing this year under the Chiefs' franchise tag, was asked whether he'd like to catch passes from the future Hall of Famer as well.
"That, too, but right now the best thing I have is a picture," he told KCTV.
Charles had 23 rushes for 107 yards in the Chiefs' 17-9 loss. Bowe caught four passes for 41 yards.
Former Chiefs player Rich Baldinger, who was in KCTV's studio after the segment aired, took offense to Kansas City's two biggest offensive stars' actions.
Baldinger, a former offensive lineman who played in 12 NFL seasons, said he never asked for an autograph during his playing career.
"I don't understand it at that moment," he said. "They were smiling and laughing after the loss like that today. I just think it just goes to show what this team's about. I don't know if winning's really that important."

no big deal imo

respect for an opponent is not weakness. i think Jamal will try the same as he did before even after "autographgate".

also didn't Baldinger only get a misdemeanor for wrecklessly driving and killing someone in a car accident?

I asked BAR for his autograph on Twitter a couple months back. Check the mailbox every day when I get home, still nothing..... :(

Well, I know that, but typically it happens after the game, not at half time... Fairly big breach of protocol.

no I meant at HT

in the CL all of the smaller teams will ask the Messi/Ronaldo/Rooney/RVP/Ibra etc. for their kit at HT, so that someone else can get it at 90

Back