Jair Jurrjens?

orange&white

Pretty much a regular
Anybody seen him pitch? Seems like I remember seeing him and he was a sinkerballer/moving fastball type. His numbers in the minors look pretty good: 502.2 IP,3.21 era, 404 K's to 121 BB's, only 28 HR's allowed. Does look like he gives up a lot of hits though. Just wondering what some of you guys thought of him, especially Tiger fans like B.A.R., as I think he will be the 5th starter for the Braves behind Smoltz, Hudson, Glavine, and James.

i remember him pitching last year in the majors for a little bit and he was hit on pretty good. I would not get that excited about him being a starter because his curveball wasn't that good at all and very irratic.

i remember him pitching last year in the majors for a little bit and he was hit on pretty good. I would not get that excited about him being a starter because his curveball wasn't that good at all and very irratic.
I'm doing the Braves for the team reports we are doing, so just wondering if he is a decent 5th starter. He has to be better than last year's 5th starter's which the Braves were something like 5-20 something when the variety of 5th starters were on the hill that day. But yeah it looks like he is very hittable.

I think from the limited time i saw him pitching for us was that he knew how to pitch.. he didnt have amazing stuff but he kept the hitters off balance... coming off that injury last year who knows how he will b

Basically what Boss said...I was impressed by him in all honesty...but also remember he was new and teams hadn't seen him. I would figure him to be very solid early in season then prolly struggle later in year as he NL teams learn him plsu it will be a lot of innings built up by that time.

a fucking stud, this guy is going to be great...

good movement on fastball, great deuce and decent change...has good command, good velocity on fastball...

likes to pitch high and inside on lefties, low and outside on righties, good location...very young, has a high ceiling.

also has powerful legs, gets a good push off mound...kind of a mini bartolo colon.

I think he will be good if he stays injury free....got injured last year, and that hampered his progression.

a fucking stud, this guy is going to be great...

good movement on fastball, great deuce and decent change...has good command, good velocity on fastball...

likes to pitch high and inside on lefties, low and outside on righties, good location...very young, has a high ceiling.

also has powerful legs, gets a good push off mound...kind of a mini bartolo colon.

I think he will be good if he stays injury free....got injured last year, and that hampered his progression.

The little I saw the fastball movement was the first thing that jumped out. Didn't seem to get a lot swing and misses which why he gives up some hits, but it didn't seem like someone that was going to give up a lot of extra base hits. Thanks for all the info guys, I hated the Braves had to move Renteria but they almost had too with their starting pitching questions and as well as Yunel Escobar played last year. Thank god I don't have to watch another year of the likes of Mark Redman, Kyle Davies, Buddy Carlisle (did ok), and Jo Jo Reyes:hang:.

this is a good trade 4 the braves and tigers...juurjens is no joke.
No doubt. I will say Renteria is a guy that when you watch his team play everyday you truly respect how good of a player he is. Total team player (gives himself up all the time) and the perfect two hole hitter if I have even seen one. He hits the ball on the nose more than anybody the Braves have had and just hits line drives everywhere. I know the Tigers lineup is stacked, is Renteria going to be in top of the lineup or not? As long as he doesn't have a meltdown year like with Boston the Tigers got a hell of a player.

orange...lineup is up in the air, but Polanco isn't going anywhere from #2. I gotta think Renteria leads off and they move Granderson down the order, but I don't know yet.

granderson got mad wheels. if he doesnt lead off then does he bat in the 9 hole?

hmm...good question brewer...i honestly have no clue...I know he can't hit lefties though.

Back