Jags Fire Offensive Coordinator

If McDaniels gets a job this offseason, he'll be for sure in the running for the Patriots OC. Just watch.

To blame Hackett for the Jags' season is like blaming the food for giving you a stomach ache after you stuffed yourself on Thanksgiving. Idiotic. Bortles shouldn't be in the league, they've got no WR, Len has been beat up all year, the D has underwhelmed majorly, the OL has issues with health...but its the OC's fault?

Wasn't it the OC that ran a phenomenal gameplan vs. the Pats in week 2 when the Jags stomped NE? Hackett will definitely get another job soon I bet.

But Jax wants its pound of flesh I suppose, so I'm guessing that's why this happened.

I agree that the Jags definitely lack quality and that's a big part of the problem. But it was also Hackett who went mega conservative against the Steelers, only running up the middle even after Fournette was stopped. It was Hackett who went mega conservative in the AFC Championship game. Hackett who was a moron against the Chiefs and Cowboys, refusing to run the ball and instead relying on Bortles. Hackett is definitely a part of the problem.

Maybe it's a case here of needing to blame somebody. The new OC won't teach Bortles to throw to an open receiver nor make one of the Jags' receivers NFL-caliber. Hopefully this is only beginning a complete overhaul of this dumpster fire of an offense.

Can't kill your points and I get why it happened. But this is a change for the sake of change. I'm calling my shot now, if McDaniels gets a job this offseason, Hackett will be the new OC for the Patriots.

Why? Because I think he's the scapegoat for sure this year, and secondly, because the Patriots are the smartest team in football. They saw this guy (Hackett) come up with an offensive gameplan that absolutely made them look silly when the 2 teams met. New England isn't so bold as to think they're good and stop trying to bring in guys/coaches who make them better.

I hope to God I'm wrong, but we shall see.

maybe not known but Bortles was high on Pats radar when he was coming out. if there was a job he takes, probably jags BUT with TC running things, not sure, he wont give up the power to JM

Josh will stay....he wants the plum job in titletown

If McDaniels gets a job this offseason, he'll be for sure in the running for the Patriots OC. Just watch.

To blame Hackett for the Jags' season is like blaming the food for giving you a stomach ache after you stuffed yourself on Thanksgiving. Idiotic. Bortles shouldn't be in the league, they've got no WR, Len has been beat up all year, the D has underwhelmed majorly, the OL has issues with health...but its the OC's fault?

Wasn't it the OC that ran a phenomenal gameplan vs. the Pats in week 2 when the Jags stomped NE? Hackett will definitely get another job soon I bet.

But Jax wants its pound of flesh I suppose, so I'm guessing that's why this happened.

Warren Sharp has outlined how easy Hackett's offenses are to scout, that makes me understand why JAX has been so bad because it doesn't matter how good you are if the opponent knows what you're running. JAX are so dependent on getting a lead and ball control, but the QB and what i wrote above prevent that from happening completely so i think that's a better way to understand why they have underperformed so significantly this season

Nobody with the last name Hackett should ever be an offensive coordinator in the NFL. His father was a dud and the spoiled fruit didn't fall far from the tree.

Nobody with the last name Hackett should ever be an offensive coordinator in the NFL. His father was a dud and the spoiled fruit didn't fall far from the tree.

His offenses (his father Paul’s) made the wishbone look like Sean McVay Rams teams. Paul Hackett was AWFUL.

Back