Jacksonville Jaguars v. Tennessee Titans - Week 6

Hakan's Picks

Pretty much a regular
Jacksonville Jaguars v. Tennessee Titans – Week 6 – 10.12.14

Can't believe I'm actually taking the Jaguars, but there are many reasons why I like them this week. I could totally end up being wrong of course, but this is one of the few games they actually have a chance of winning this year. The Raiders could be the only remaining winless team after today. I actually think the Jags are better than the Raiders, but that's not saying much of course. Blake Bortles is actually playing decent, and I feel he could end up being a pretty good QB in the league.

First and foremost, Charlie Whitehurst is starting for the Titans. Also, I think it will be hard for the Titans to mentally bounce back from last week's meltdown – the largest comeback win for a road team in NFL history. The Jags actually allowed less than 30-points for the first time this season, last week against the Steelers – allowing only 17 points. The Jags were only down 10-9 early in the fourth quarter when Bortles threw a pick-six that proved to be the winner for Pittsburgh. Jags defense is second in the league in sacks, and that can't bode well for the below average Whitehurst making a spot start.

Jacksonville was also winless, last year, heading into their first meeting with Tennessee, and ended up winning 29-27. The Jags are 5-1-1 ATS in their last seven games against the Titans, who are an abysmal 0-7-1 ATS in their last eight home games. In addition, Tennessee is an awful 2-12-2 ATS in their last 16 games against division opponents. It's a gutsy play, but I'll take a punt on the Jaguars +4 at -107 (5Dimes).

Record:
Futbol/Soccer Picks: 1-1
NFL Picks: 1-0

Back