Jack Clark accuses Pujols of steroid use...

the best thing ever is my own cousin, skip schumaker calls out Braun and makes national news with it, saying he ripped Brauns posters down in his sons room etc.

meanwhile, mark mcgwire trains skip and matt holliday every offseason for years and big mac is the main reason why skip is playing for the dodgers now. they are close friends and mcgwire posters are abound in his sons room as well in his basement.

when skip gained 20 pounds of "muscle" one off season after working out with mac, the whole family knew.

fam or not, a spade is a spade.

Hmmm. Maybe Pujols did, maybe he didn't, but I'm not sure that Jack Clark - while trying to generate some kind of heat for his AM radio career by ginning up controversy - is particularly credible. Of the many things Clark says that are incorrect and/or logically specious is his claim that Verlander used to throw 97-100 from 1st inning to 9th, which simply isn't true (JV has long been known to save something for later in the game and throw low 90s in early innings and dial it up when he needs it). That obviously doesn't mean that Clark is lying about Pujols; it just means that he's clearly willing to distort the truth for the benefit of sensationalism (the hallmark of crappy AM sports radio). It's also worth noting that he's selling to a ready audience when he tells St Louis that there are things not to like about Pujols. What is Clark, pro-good and anti-evil, too?

At any rate, Clark's playing career ended in 1992. Are we honestly to believe that this Mihlfeld character who was Pujols' trusted trainer couldn't stop talking about Pujols juicing to a guy he barely knew (Clark) in an effort to get that guy to juice a decade after his playing career concluded? To what end? At the very least, Clark should learn to spin a yarn in a credible manner, if only for the benefit of his radio audience. The Shawn Green story doesn't sound particularly credible either. Maybe Pujols, Green and Verlander are all cheaters, but it will take more than Jack Clark's words in this column to convince me. If anything, if this is the best evidence of Pujols cheating, I must say that it leaves me feeling that perhaps Pujols is clean.

Last edited:
Back