Princeton, N.J. (Conf.) ESPN+
Saturday 10/29/2022
Harvard
Harvard
Dartmouth
Dartmouth pk / 49.5
1:30 P.M.

Hanover, N.H. (Conf.) TV: ESPN+ Video

I want to post some things tomorrow time permitting to catch up with what's going on in the Ivy this week.

Note the game Friday is 6:30 eastern, half hour earlier than the normal Friday Ivy Kickoff.

I wasn't able to post about the Ivys before last night.

First off Oakas now has a 4 game lead in our 4-man Ivy Pick'em and is the only player over .500. With only 15 more Ivy games left.

Tough loss for Columbia last night and really a tough hard luck season. Columbia outgained their last two Ivy opponents, yet they lost both and they lost again last night. After a fairly good 1H, they had two punts blk'd, back-to-back in the closing minutes of the 2nd Q, one didn't cost them, one did. And they then came out with a listless 2H. Yale, on the other hand really played well - especially their passing O. Yale hasn't had a passing game like that since week 2 and Grooms was on the money all night and he dropped perfect passes and Yale receivers made plays all night. With 1-loss Yale, and also Harvard, do have some life for a hopeful split Ivy Championship. Will have to see how the final weeks play out.

At 6-0 each Penn and Princeton appear on a collision course when they meet in the season finale 11/19.

Penn finds themselves as a DD road fav at Brown. They were last DD favs vs the Ivy in 2019 and they failed to cover each. Penn was off some really impressive wins on the scoreboard vs Georgetown and Columbia then followed that up with a close win over Yale, but they outgained Yale by 105 yards. Penn is doing a lot of things well right now and are not just 6-0 SU, but 6-0 ATS. Brown has dropped their last two games, but they outgained both Princeton and Cornell. The Princeton game was a one-score game late, but they lost by 16 and last week Brown had a TD for the win, but they ruled he stepped out at the 1. Brown fumbled two plays later and Cornell got the win - real tough loss for Brown. Brown is 3-1 ATS as a dog this year so they can be a little pesky.

Princeton also a big favorite today takes on a surprising 4-2 Cornell team. Depsite being 4-2 Cornell has been outgained in every game but 1 this year and their wins have come by an average of just 4 ppg. There aren't too many true dual threat QBs in the Ivy and Big Red's Jameson Wang is one of them. He gives them a chance to stay in most games, they are 4-1 ATS as a dog. I still rate Princeton as the top team in the league. They are outgaining Ivy foes by a 371-232 margin. Their win vs Harvard was dominant. Their one liability I have continually pointed out is their OL and they stepped up and played well vs Harvard and Princeton's gameplan broke some tendencies with several designed QB runs early in that game to not put their OL in such a bad position out the gate. Princeton has occasionally taken their foot off the gas in the 2H or not fully scored on all their opportunities, so we'll have to see if they play all out today, the Tigers are just 3-3 ATS.

The final game is Harvard at Dartmouth. Dartmouth got a much needed win last week and is still trying to figure things out at 2-4. They've been outgained 285-375 in Ivy play as their O struggles, but last week was their first game putting up over 300y since week 2. They remain a pretty limited team with their ATS record matching their SU record. Dartmouth is 2-0 ATS as a dog however and might just have a little momentum off last week. How Harvard reacts to being handled by Princeton last week will be interesting. Harvard had a lot of emotional investment in that Princeton game. Last year they lost to Princeton and followed it up with an upset loss vs Dartmouth. The Crimson are still potentially alive for a share of the Ivy title depending on what happens from here out. Problem is Harvard has played underachieving football most every game this year. At their best, they remain a top 2 or 3 team in the league, but their best hasn't been seen often or with much consistency this year. Harvard is 0-6 ATS (depending on numbers, they could be 1-5).

I don't think I'll watch a ton of these games today other than occasional look-ins if something interesting appears to be happening.

Really appreciate you taking the time to do this as it put the Ivy League on my radar screen the last two weeks as Harvard over Howard and Yale over Columbia would not have hit my card if you didn’t get me turned on to the league so thanks again!

It's a good league to follow.

Some scores at HT got my attention and I got involved in some 2H action.

Penn was down 7-24 with their only TD being a KO ret score. They came back to take a 2H lead, but Brown would end up pulling the upset!

Harvard and Dartmouth was 14-13 HT, but Harvard outscored them 14-0 2H.

Cornell and Princeton were in a weird one, Tigers led 12-3 HT. I took the 2H over, haven't looked at box scores yet, but Cornell only ended the game with 9pts, but I know they had a fair amount of yards and a couple TOs. Princeton had a long, late score on D.

With Penn losing and Harvard and Yale each having just 1 loss, Princeton is the only unbeaten. They played one of their sometimes games where they just kind of mess around and don't bring the A game. That could get them beat on the wrong day, but for now, they are in the driver's seat for the Ivy Title.

Back