Ivy League November 13th

s--k

Goodbye to Romance College Football
TIMEGAMEODDS
1 p.m.Penn at HarvardHarvard -22.5 / 41.5
1 p.m.Brown at ColumbiaColumbia -10.5 / 72.5
1 p.m.Yale at #22 PrincetonPrinceton -8.5 / 50.5
1:30 p.m.Cornell at #23 DartmouthDartmouth -20.5 / 39.5

No more Friday night games. Game of the week is Yale at Princeton.

SchoolConfATSOverallATSStreak
Dartmouth4-13-27-15-3W2
Princeton4-10-57-12-5-1L1
Yale4-12-35-33-5W3
Harvard3-23-26-26-2W1
Columbia2-34-15-35-3L2
Penn1-42-33-53-5L1
Brown1-42-32-63-5L2
Cornell1-44-12-65-3W1

Dartmouth is in driver's seat for Ivy Title as beat Princeton and Yale head-to-head and also will play the two worst teams in the league to close the season. Harvard still has a slight chance to share of Ivy Title, but need Dartmouth to lose.

Last edited:
The lines I posted are shown as 5dimes. Once they get posted at the other books expect a lot of movement.

Yale and Princeton will play for the 143rd time, second longest played series in football. It is an Ivy Title elimination game, loser is out, winner keeps hopes of sharing title alive. Hard to believe that Princeton is 0-5 ATS vs Ivy, all as favorites. They lost straight up last week, but in the other games they won by 17 laying 19.5, won by 14 laying 21, won by 2 laying 5.5 and won by 18 laying 18.5. So the wins were there in 4 of their 5 games, just kept coming up short of number. Princeton is also 0-5 ATS in the 2nd H, but has outscored it's opponents in the 2nd H staight up 4 of 5, so again, getting the result, just not the cover. They are only 1-4 ATS in the 1st H. Such poor spread success for Princeton! Mixed ATS result for Yale, but they have only been a dog once all year, dogged 8.5 at Dartmouth and they lost by 7 in OT. Yale also covered both 1st and 2nd H spreads of 4 in that game. This Yale - Princeton game really should be a good one. Eaddy is out for Princeton with ssn ending injury. He led the Ivy league in rush attempts prior to injury. Not sure how Princeton replaces him, but they are a balanced O so can lean more on the pass game if necessary. Yale is balanced as well.

Dartmouth is off 3 pretty tough games, the Columbia upset where Dartmouth was shocked and shut out at home, then traveled to Harvard and won a close game on long FG late, then knocked off previously unbeaten Princeton at home last Friday night. Ivy Title within their sights, otherwise I'd suspect they would be flat here taking on lowly Cornell. Cornell however is actually a surprising 4-1 ATS in Ivy games (4-0 ATS as dog)! They have been held to 17 or less in 4 games however, the one they weren't? You guessed it, vs Brown. So with a low output scoring O they have relied on high spreads to get their covers. Covered as 11 pt dog (lost by 6), 24.5 pt dog (lost by 14), 18.5 pt dog (lost by 18) and won straight up by 3 as 3.5 pt dog for their covers. The dog has covered the last 5 in Dartmouth games. The dog has also won the last 4 (Dartmouth won outright as a dog the last 3 games they were dogged and then Columbia won as a dog for 4 straight dog outright wins in Dartmouth games!). Dartmouth hasn't been favored since 10/9. Dartmouth hasn't covered as a favorite since 10/1 (beat Penn 31-7 as 9pt fav). Every Ivy Dartmouth game has gone under, with an average total of 43.9. Cornell has gone under 2 of 5 with an average total of 48.8. Looks like this game, Cornell's team total would be 9.75? Cornell has scored atleast 10 points in every game this year.

Man, Brown is crazy! They have lost atleast 3 turnovers in every game but one this year. They also had 507 yards vs Yale and lost by 25! 411 yards, outgained Penn by 115 and lost by 28! 587 yards on Cornell, but allowed 501! 490 yards on Princeton but allowed 650 and lost by 14! Crazy ass team. 2-6 and 1-4 straight up in Ivy. Brown has been outscored every first half in Ivy games. 1st H Brown Overs are 5-0 in Ivy play, game overs 3-1-1 and 5-2-1 overall. 72.5 is a way high Ivy League total, in fact it is the highest Ivy total for any game this year by 5 points! Brown in the 2nd H as a dog is 3-0 vs Ivy - Columbia is 1-3 ATS 2nd H (I don't know last week's 2nd H number so only 4 results). Full games, Columbia is 4-1 ATS vs Ivy, but were only favored once, a short role vs Penn. 3 of their 4 covers were as dogs, now they are -10.5...because it's Brown and Brown has only had one Ivy game be a single digit margin (which is also their only win).

Lots of big lines this week, Harvard is the biggest at 22.5. Harvard was -24.5 vs Cornell and only won 24-10. But Harvard enters this game fresh off their big win vs Columbia where they led 35-0 HT! Won 49-21! Outgained Columbia by 208 yards. Harvard needed that win as they were off back-to-back tough losses vs Princeton in OT and by 3 to Dartmouth. Harvard is only 3-2 ATS, 2-2 as a fav. I don't think Penn is very good at all, I lost once (Brown) and won once (Cornell) on that assumption. Penn was just upset by Cornell at home. Penn only gained 260y on Yale, but found their way to 28pts and lost by 14. Penn only had 268y on Columbia and lost by 9. Penn only had 141y on Dartmouth and lost by 24. Penn's O has been better the last two weeks, but it has come vs the two other worst teams in the league. Might see what 1st H line is. Penn is 0-3 ATS as a dog in the 1st H, losing by 14, 3 and 17. Harvard is just 3-2 ATS 1st H, just 2-2 as a fav 1st H. Covered -5 vs Columbia and -9.5 vs Brown, but failed to cover -15.5 vs Cornell and -3.5 vs Dartmouth. Tend to think they can get up comfortably 1st H this week. Senior season home finale...but Yale on deck!

Yale getting 8.5 looks best of these 4.

Harvard surprised me in that big win v Columbia. They used a new QB who threw 3 TD passes in big 2nd Q

i can’t bet the other 3 games. Good luck whatever you do, mr. s…k

Good to see you again Bull. Only two more weeks of the Ivy League!

Yes, I am going to take Yale and might play some ML on them. Will also look for Harvard 1st H. And I'm tempted to play Cornell.

I split Brown and Cornell. I really wanted to play that Brown under, it was SO high. Shoulda coulda woulda. Didn't. I lost a good amount between the Harvard 1st H, Yale game and Yale ML. Did win some on Yale 1st H to soften blow.

The Harvard 1st H was ridiculous. Penn, not a good offensive team, vs Harvard, an outstanding defensive team, especially DL, Penn was continually converting these long yardage plays for first downs, or they'd get bailed on a penalty or Harvard would just be right there for a sack and the QB would just barely get it off and it would be a big play. I mean -13.5 should've been pretty easy. 14-0, 17-3 were very realistic combinations. I even thought 21-7, 21-0 could be possible here. Penn threw a pick right away, then Harvard went 3-and-out. A sign of things to come. Penn basically killed half the 1st Q and punted. Harvard was in the RZ, couldn't score, kicked a FG. Fortunately I washed my hands of it after being tempted to do some things in the 2nd H I just moved on to other games. Harvard messed around and won 23-7.

So I have never followed FCS football closely at all or week-to-week. Just early in the year, try to pick some spots FCS vs FBS. What I think I am seeing with Ivy league, and I assume it applies to alot of FCS or Dll, Dll teams, we think that Power 5 and Group of 5 football is inconsistent week-in and week-out? These teams are all over the place. There are only 8 Ivy teams, only 4 games a week and there is always one or two, half the games that result in some kind of head scratching outcome.

I like it, I do. And for next year I want to know these teams, their tendencies, their schedules, their strengths, etc. I mean I have spent a little bit of time doing it this year, thought I had a good handle on a few of the bets I made and was wrong more often than right. It is a challenge for sure.

Back