Iverson on Showtime

Loved it. But it was biased and I'm biased...I may love AI more then AI loves AI, the only thing I wish I could see more of was game footage....would love to be able to watch a games show my wife and kid....

Haven't seen it. Want to badly. Hard to imagine many played the game with more heart than he did.

He is the one I said would not be very good in the NBA (whoops) when he left Georgetown (who I hated as a cuse fan). Just thought he was too small to score at the rim and his jumper was too suspect. I think his jumper was fairly suspect most of his career but he was just a scorer and a fearless one.

Haven't watched it yet. Can't wait.

If the league was judged on effort and heart displayed on the court, he would be #1.

Remember many a time he'd get a putback on a missed FT to get me the cover, was a straight boss.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KuW-QG2vRtY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think I might have seen the showtime special after all .. not sure .. I saw a special recently about Iverson ... within the last three months. Not sure ... I want to see it if I haven't though. Watched Bad Boys on Espn or Espn2 today again. I love the golden years of the nba

Haven't watched it yet. Can't wait.

If the league was judged on effort and heart displayed on the court, he would be #1.

Remember many a time he'd get a putback on a missed FT to get me the cover, was a straight boss.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KuW-QG2vRtY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
#2 on that put back jam was sick

The lost art of four guys standing around and watching another guy take 80% of his team's shots...

Pound for pound 2nd best ever behind Zeke...

Imagine either of these guys 5 inches taller...

No way....Stockton and Chris Paul only weighed 5-10 pounds more while Curry only weighs 185

Allen Iverson: 5'11" - 165 lbs
Johns Stockton: 6'1" - 175 lbs
Chris Paul: 6'0" -175 lbs
Steph Curry: 6'3" - 190 lbs

I agree with BAR - when talking about little guys it's AI and Zeke in that order....:judge:

Stockton was tremendous. All-time leader in assists and steals. He is the picture of a PG, who also played with one of the greatest of all-time.

Chris Paul doesn't belong in the same class as these guys - so I'm not going to waste time on him. Steph Curry has a looooonnnngggg was to go. This was the first year he was truly healthy. I expect big things going forward from him.

Back to the Iverson show on Showtime. As someone who watched 80% of Iverson's home games as a Sixer in person, and watched damn near every minute of every game he played, he holds a special place in my heart. On a broader scope, what the show does a good job of showing is the big picture of what Iverson did for society. He helped make it socially acceptable to be who you are on a corporate level. Before AI, nobody had tattoos to the extent they do now (or at least they didn't show them like they do know). Nobody wore cornrows. Nowadays everybody has tats, and cornrows are not even given a second look.

On the court there was nobody like him, but his impact off it, was just as important.

watching now

but who cares about the practice rant?

It wasn't an important American speech or something.....who cares if we came back wasted?

I wish he woulda just stayed in Phila......jumping around hurt his legacy I think(to me, selfishly....he was great tho)....Nuggz, Pistons, Grizz....fuckin Turkey

the cornrows the neck tats......maybe the NBA made the players wear suits/jackets when hurt cuz of him wearing throwbacks and shit(wasn't him?)

anyway this has started good....like it

Back