It's Official--Robinson Out At Syracuse After 2008 Season

RJ Esq

Prick Since 1974
Robinson out at Syracuse

from Bevo Beat
Former Texas co-defensive coordinator Greg Robinson appear to be on his way out at Syracuse come the end of the 2008 season.
“It isn’t working out,” Syracuse athletics director Dr. Daryl Gross said of Robinson. “It’s very disappointing … He has some work to do out in front of him.”
Syracuse has a Big East record of 2-22 in the last three seasons.

He wasn't a good fit in NY. Trying to run a west coast offense in an area of the country that loves to play option football in HS where most of your recruits are from will never work.

The reason why the Big 12 will eventually surpass the SEC in terms of best conference down the road is because almost all the top HS programs in Texas are running spread type offenses and it's getting them ready for the college level alot quicker. A&M and OU are the only offenses in the Big 12 that use a fullback outside of goaline and short yardage packages.

And for all the German SEC guys...calm down...but you can't say the gap hasn't closed tremendously in the last two years now that more and more teams are using the spread.

If Muschamp leaves then Robinson has a nice place to go to coach the defense again. He was a great DC in his one year at Texas.

you can't say the gap hasn't closed tremendously in the last two years now that more and more teams are using the spread.

The gap between the SEC and the rest of the football world is bigger now than it ever has been. It's only the Big 12 that has narrowed the gap between it and the SEC.

Stafford, Harrell, Lee, Mccoy, Daniel, Reesing, Mallett, Snead, Griffin, Clement, etc...

Texas couldn't produce passing QBs for shit a few years back...now they are everywhere.

That's right, the Big 12 is loaded with fine QBs, while the ACC has been way down for the last 4 or 5 years solely because of a lack of good QBs.

I think it's laughable the Syracuse AD who was acting like a little school girl with Pete at the Orange Bowl, touting that he was the greatest ever for hiring PC and that Robinson is just like Pete coming from the NFL defensive minded and all this shit.

Pete was not his #1 choice at USC and Robinson was a horrible choice.

Syracuse is a good school though, I hope they get a good coach.

I think it's laughable the Syracuse AD who was acting like a little school girl with Pete at the Orange Bowl, touting that he was the greatest ever for hiring PC and that Robinson is just like Pete coming from the NFL defensive minded and all this shit.

Pete was not his #1 choice at USC and Robinson was a horrible choice.

Syracuse is a good school though, I hope they get a good coach.
PC gave his highest recomend to Gross on the hire, some say instrumental. PC and Robinson go way way back.The cupboard was bare when he got here as evident by SU having no player drafted last year, and he was up against it recruiting wise as he had a tough sell while at the same time getting his lunch eaten in Jersey by Schiano and others.His coaching hire's however fall on him.

Hmmmm,I wonder what I will do with my Syracuse lean this weekend. Any thoughts fellas.Should I drop it.
I know everyone hates to play on the 'stache, but IMO they cant make a line high enough to take Syracuse. To the credit of Robinson and his team, they have played hard and w/ energy for him but they simply have no athletes on the field. This is another mismatch that even the 'stache cant fuck up.

I know everyone hates to play on the 'stache, but IMO they cant make a line high enough to take Syracuse. To the credit of Robinson and his team, they have played hard and w/ energy for him but they simply have no athletes on the field. This is another mismatch that even the 'stache cant fuck up.

Thanks.I am scratching it.

the funny thing about pete was he was like sc's 5th choice. if not for a chance meeting on campus between mike garret (AD) and pete when pete was visiting his daughter, he probably never would have gotten the job.

also a giant fuck you to the chargers who refused to release mike riley from his contract. cunts.

He wasn't a good fit in NY. Trying to run a west coast offense in an area of the country that loves to play option football in HS where most of your recruits are from will never work.

The reason why the Big 12 will eventually surpass the SEC in terms of best conference down the road is because almost all the top HS programs in Texas are running spread type offenses and it's getting them ready for the college level alot quicker. A&M and OU are the only offenses in the Big 12 that use a fullback outside of goaline and short yardage packages.

And for all the German SEC guys...calm down...but you can't say the gap hasn't closed tremendously in the last two years now that more and more teams are using the spread.

If Muschamp leaves then Robinson has a nice place to go to coach the defense again. He was a great DC in his one year at Texas.

You are so right...not like the SEC (or high school programs in the south) will ever adapt...:36_11_6:

dream on, Big 12 Biatch (much better than Big 12 German...but I guess when you're a INSIDER you can say whatever the F*ck you want without recourse)...:shake:

Mully :cheers:

Back