Is Toronto the new Philly?

P-Unit

Beacon of Calmness
This isn't a one time thing. It's become a bigger problem and objects being thrown have occurred on multiple occasions. I get it, Molson is a bit stronger than the Budweiser sold in US parks, but this is ridiculous. They need to find that clown and press charges.

If this would've happened in Philly, the whole world would be talking about it. They've earned that reputation due to various incidents in the past. It's time for Toronto to share some of that reputation.

This isn't a one time thing. It's become a bigger problem and objects being thrown have occurred on multiple occasions. I get it, Molson is a bit stronger than the Budweiser sold in US parks, but this is ridiculous. They need to find that clown and press charges.

If this would've happened in Philly, the whole world would be talking about it. They've earned that reputation due to various incidents in the past. It's time for Toronto to share some of that reputation.

The Philly thing is ridiculous but I understand our rep.

Basically, a drunken riot of a crowd threw snowballs at santa in 1969, and one moron threw batteries at JD Drew in 1997. That is it and those 2 things have crushed our reputation. Other than that, what? We boo? Get the hell over it, booing doesnt hurt anyone.

I completely understand that Philly's blue collar attitude is not for everyone and yeah we get drunk and are emotional at games. However, I feel like in the last decade, there has been a ton of assaults, even murders, to go along with stuff like this, and none of the incidents were in Philly. Yet we still have the rep.

Completely agree, its time Toronto gets some of the rep. Cant hide behind the "were just nice canadians" excuse anymore

Basically, a drunken riot of a crowd threw snowballs at santa in 1969, and one moron threw batteries at JD Drew in 1997. That is it and those 2 things have crushed our reputation. Other than that, what? We boo? Get the hell over it, booing doesnt hurt anyone.

I completely understand that Philly's blue collar attitude is not for everyone and yeah we get drunk and are emotional at games. However, I feel like in the last decade, there has been a ton of assaults, even murders, to go along with stuff like this, and none of the incidents were in Philly. Yet we still have the rep.

Completely agree, its time Toronto gets some of the rep. Cant hide behind the "were just nice canadians" excuse anymore

Good point. There are idiots everywhere. Hell, a guy got beat up at the Raiders/Ravens game this weekend. But you are right, Philly fans have been relatively well behaved for several years now haha.

I have to say my experience with Philly fans has been awful,,,,,when they were down here in the FQ for the playoffs, Ive never seen more of a group of jersey wearing assholes looking to fight...ever

I realize this is one instant, but it was unreal

I have to say my experience with Philly fans has been awful,,,,,when they were down here in the FQ for the playoffs, Ive never seen more of a group of jersey wearing assholes looking to fight...ever

I realize this is one instant, but it was unreal

The way that I have always been in the way that I have always seen fans around me act is, we are going to be loud and we are going to razz you, and if you are beating us we expect it back at us. I don't know how stupid somebody would have to be to start a fight at a playoff game. Pay money for playoff tickets and then risk getting kicked out? I'm sure it happens all the time it's just stupid.

Smack talk is fun. Getting into a physical confrontation or sports event is completely idiotic. It's definitely people compensating for something missing in their lives because I get as drunk as anybody in the stadium and never had the urge to fight

Philly fans are terrible. Been to about 6 sporting events in philly and wont be going to another. Don't know if its all alcohol related.

Just brash and rude. Don't really know how else to put it.

Dwow, I have been in hostile CFB environments and the like. Saints fans get drunk, but the worst you will get is that they buy you a beer...I'm in the terrace and have been for years. Seen some fights at night games and it is usually the opposition starting it( I swear, not just saying that....always the visitor getting the boot). Maybe it is people coming to NO and just think in it's like LV or something and just party.
I've had countless other visiting fans say how awesome the fans are and the people are.....and they were equally as nice.
But man....these Philly fans were bad...just everywhere. Everyone of them had a jersey on, whether they were 18 or 50.....and it was the day before the fucking game lol....I'm really not tryin to generalize, but it was like nothing I've ever seen.

I also tell this story a bunch, but I went to RFK or Fedex( been twice, can't remember which was then) and a couple begin us were super cool and had Skins tickets for years....they love to go. On like their 40 the wedding anny, their beloved Skins were playing the Eagles on MNF. They do not go to night games when Philly is in town. Ever they said. That's crazy....on their anny.

CuCfGGEW8AAqxj7.jpg

Twink whats wrong w jerseys? That you are right about but isnt that all teams? I never go to a game or bar without a jersey

Twink whats wrong w jerseys? That you are right about but isnt that all teams? I never go to a game or bar without a jersey

i think they are for children(chicks too...I guess), personally. Seems way more prevalent in other places(Indy, boy o boy I think the whole stadium wears them).

I think we did this song and dance on here once already.....just my opinion.:shake2:

Entire bar tonight will be wearing Cardinals or Niners jerseys, everywhere around here

I will say I don't find them comfortable and the general t shirt has become much preferred as I've aged

i think they are for children(chicks too...I guess), personally. Seems way more prevalent in other places(Indy, boy o boy I think the whole stadium wears them).

I think we did this song and dance on here once already.....just my opinion.:shake2:

thats very interesting. it may just be because i grew up where everyone does it, i always just thought it was standard. in the rare occurrence that Im watching the game at home and not at the game or at a bar, i still even put it on lol. guess its just a matter of the culture of that team and their fans. but yea, completely see how you would draw the conclusion that all eagles fans wear jerseys....because we do lol

Back