P: Kazmir
P: Fuentes
SP: Webb
SP: Hudson
SP: Greinke
SP: Haren
RP: CJ Wilson
RP: Jenks
Bench: Meche (just there for a spot start)
Bench: Matsuzaka
Bench: Harden
Bench: Marcum
DL: Carmona

His Team: (currently 4th)

C: Y. Molina
1B: Helton
2B: Uggla
3B: A-RodSP:
SS: H. Ramirez
IF: Polanco
OF: Bourn
OF: Hamilton
OF: Dye
UTIL: Pierre
Bench: Beltre
Bench: Rowand
Bench: Mike Jacobs

P: Soria
P: Dempster
SP: McGowan
SP: Zambrano (15-DL)
SP: Wolf
SP: Burnett
RP: Street
RP: Valverde
Bench: Jonathan Sanchez
Bench: Padilla
DL: Phil Hughes

So, obviously, I'm winning with pitching and he is winning with the hitting. Top 4 mmake the playoffs. The trade we have been in talks for is:

Tim Hudson/Dan Haren/Matt Kemp for Hanley Ramirez/Todd Helton/Huston Street.

Fair for both sides? Will Helton recover from his nagging back injuries? Is he worth starting over Gordon at this point, or should I ask for someone else in his place?

Well Haren tends to fade 2nd half of the year so think thats a plus for you to get rid of him now. The last couple of years Helton has stepped it up in the later months as well.

Looks fair for both teams in terms of need, think you get the better end of the deal though just because Haren does regress in the 2nd half.

What are you going to do about the 3rd OF position though

Ellsbury would slip in at that spot, and the Util could be filled by Helton, Gordon, Headley, Renteria, et. al depending on match-up/off-day.

lol for some reason I didnt even think of Ellsbury being plugged into the OF slot. gotcha

plus you get a closer out of it, although hes just as much of a risk as anyone else. Think its pretty necessary to get one though because CJ Wilson is a liability and may lose the spot if he keeps giving up runs

Yep, Wilson evokes memories of Mesa in the latter parts of his career. He'll either blow it or make it way too interesting before he gets the save.

Appreciate the input RO.

If I was him I'd reject that deal, but obviously if you can pull it off go for it. I just don't think that Huddy and Haren make his team appreciably better, particularly when you account for the fact that your offer is leaving him short on closers. It's my firm belief that in 75% of fantasy trades the team with the best player is the best side of the trade, and in this case the best player is obvious: Hanley Ramirez.

But the 2nd best player? honestly, is it Huston Street? maybe Matt Kemp. I dunno-SP is overrated in fantasy year in, year out.

May I ask why Hudson and Haren do not make his team better? It seems as if they will be his two most dependable guys since Zambrano is down for a while. Are assuming that both will falter? I know Haren has that history, but he could falter a little and still be an effective SP.

He doesn't have the depth of pitching to back those guys up, so IMO he won't be winning the pitching categories even after making the trade. Not to mention, in giving up Street, he probably is giving up his chances of winning saves consistently.

Obviously I could go into more detail, but without knowing if this is roto of head to head, or whether we have inning caps and minimums, I don't know exactly how big of a deal it is.

Also, why wouldn't you throw in Renteria in the deal - who is he going to play at SS?

He doesn't have the depth of pitching to back those guys up, so IMO he won't be winning the pitching categories even after making the trade. Not to mention, in giving up Street, he probably is giving up his chances of winning saves consistently.

Obviously I could go into more detail, but without knowing if this is roto of head to head, or whether we have inning caps and minimums, I don't know exactly how big of a deal it is.

Also, why wouldn't you throw in Renteria in the deal - who is he going to play at SS?

It's a weekly head-to-head, and you can make changes on a daily basis. 12 starts max per week.

I've offered to throw Renteria into the deal, but Peralta is on the wire so I think he is going to determine which one he wants first.

I agree with Steed. Good deal for you. You are stacked at pitching and you could slide Renteria in the utility spot to make room for Hanley Ramirez. Jones is hurt now (not sure if it's serious) so you would need another bat or two to make up for Chipper if he is out. I would see if there is another starter on the waiver wire (probably a 4th or 5th starter) that you could plug in until Marcum gets back and also to replace Hudson/Haren. GL.

Back