Is there anything more frustrating then being a DODGERS fan?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
Being a Cubs fan before this year?

Do people in Cali even care anymore? It's been 12 hours.

Is mattingly done?

We still care lol. Cubs haven't even been to the playoffs in 12 years. Dodgers make it almost every year only to get knocked out. Mattingly still under contract, not sure what they are going to do.

Greinke will be gone, 100%

exactly he is the only one who didn't disappear. There was some worthless ABs throughout the postseason.

Being a Royals fan and not being the playoffs for 29 years? Or being a Chiefs fan and not winning a playoff game for 20 years?

[video=youtube_share;ZDpiGQf_CuM]https://youtu.be/ZDpiGQf_CuM[/video]

going to the playoffs every year and then getting taken out is not fun.

lol, 3 years? Sorry for your troubles.

More than that dude.

2015 NL Division Series METS LOST
[TABLE="width: 573"]
<tbody>[TR="class: white"]
[TD]2014[/TD]
[TD]NL Division Series[/TD]
[TD]St. Louis Cardinals[/TD]
[TD]Lost 1-3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: secondaryBg"]
[TD="colspan: 4"]
trans.gif
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: white"]
[TD]2013[/TD]
[TD]NL Championship Series[/TD]
[TD]Lost 2-4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Atlanta Braves[/TD]
[TD]Won 3-1[/TD]
[/TR]
trans.gif
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]2009[/TD]
[TD]Philadelphia Phillies[/TD]
[TD]Lost 1-4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Won 3-0[/TD]
[/TR]
trans.gif
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]2008[/TD]
[TD]Lost 1-4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Chicago Cubs[/TD]
[TD]Won 3-0[/TD]
[/TR]
trans.gif
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]2006[/TD]
[TD]N.Y. Mets[/TD]
[TD]Lost 0-3[/TD]
[/TR]
trans.gif
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]2004[/TD]
[TD]St. Louis[/TD]
[TD]Lost 1-3[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Are you shitting me with this thread. Check out my avatar. I would take the Dodgers results all day. And you have multiple titles in my lifetime.

Sincerely the Super Bowl IV champs

I was 7 years old when the Dodgers won the world series. Since then it's been nothing but early playoff exits. Since 2004 they have made the playoffs 7 times. Maybe I should of mentioned "lately" but it's been very frustrating. Would be better off not even making the playoffs.

Gabe, no one's arguing with your team having a disappointing run, but your frustration wouldn't even move the needle on my scale of sports heartbreak. It goes back much farther, but just since I've been around ...

The Indians won six consecutive division titles from 1995-2001, lost their last game each season including twice in the Series, and including a season in which their regular season winning percentage was .694 (100-44). In '07, they blew a 3-1 lead to the Red Sox in the ALCS.

Lebron's Cavs, the first time around, made the playoffs each of his last six seasons with the team, losing the last game every year. And of course last year, took the Warriors six games with their #2 and #3 scoring threats in suits.

The Browns lost three consecutive years in the playoffs to Elway's Broncos, twice in the AFC championship game, and the team has yet to crash the NFL championship game since they changed the name of it to the Super Bowl.

Trust me, I'm one of the world's leading scholars in personal playoff frustration. The Dodgers aren't very frustrating. You'll get over it, I always do.

Don't take my "Misery Champion of the Universe" title away from me, it's all I have.

I never really thought Mattingly fit there, management style aside. Indiana guy, career Yankee, what brought him out there anyway?

I was 7 years old when the Dodgers won the world series. Since then it's been nothing but early playoff exits. Since 2004 they have made the playoffs 7 times. Maybe I should of mentioned "lately" but it's been very frustrating. Would be better off not even making the playoffs.

I'm a Red Sox fan. So was my father who died in 2002 at age 78 without EVER seeing his team win. Saw the ball go thru Buckner's legs, Bucky fuckin' Dent, Lonborg try to match up with Gibson on 2 days rest, Pesky hold the ball, all of that and a lot of second division finishes in the old AL. Almost got there in a great series in 1975 but NEVER saw them win.

You root for a team that you get to see win enough to make the playoffs 7 times in 11 years and you start a boohoo thread because that is frustrating? Wow, talk about a misguided sense of entitlement.

I think you guys have been a bit hard on Gabe. I think there's different types of sporting frustration. To have a team you're a fan of be good enough to regularly make the playoffs and yet not translate that ability into any palpable playoff achievement, makes for a different type of frustration to that involving being a fan of a team which rarely if ever makes the playoffs full stop.

As I see it, tip/Cleveland fans have the worst of both worlds. Browns do shit about as often as honest Presidents/Prime Ministers are elected; Cavs w/Lebron are masters at playoff failure re lifting Cavs fans hopes only for the purpose of then shitting all over them; Indians rarely do shit, but when they do they usually follow the Cavs example and lift fans hopes for the only purpose of then shitting all over them ('95, '97, '99, '07; '13 WC game excepted: then they decided not to score a run to even begin to lift their fans hopes).

I really don't understand all the negative comments.

What good is making the playoffs if it just ends up in disappointment. Its all relative but id rather not make playoffs then lose in the first round.

Dodgers been favored in most of these series losses too. Only 4 teams make the playoffs in the NL. Dodgers haven't even made it to a game 7 in the nlcs.

Also I've been wanting to go to a WS game. 7 out of the last 11 years there was big hope only to have it crushed soon after.

Given the option, I think most fans would settle for playoff disappointment as opposed to knowing the season's already done for starting on Day One...

I really don't understand all the negative comments.

What good is making the playoffs if it just ends up in disappointment. Its all relative but id rather not make playoffs then lose in the first round.

Dodgers been favored in most of these series losses too. Only 4 teams make the playoffs in the NL. Dodgers haven't even made it to a game 7 in the nlcs.

Also I've been wanting to go to a WS game. 7 out of the last 11 years there was big hope only to have it crushed soon after.

i really don't understand this way of thinking... And it's not just with baseball. Read this thread for some similar remarks which I find to be ridiculous

http://www.cappingthegame.com/forum...hat-are-the-76ers-doing&p=2668776#post2668776

There are only 8 (now 10) fan bases in MLB that all thought they could win it all. Unfortunately only one of them could. Someone has to win. Someone has to lose. You can't seriously say you'd rather not make the playoffs than lose in the first round. Athletes are humans. This is their job. The experience matters. Especially in basketball where it really matters IMO.

It's about the Dodgers never, ever winning the ultimate prize despite making the playoffs the last three seasons (or "always"), and Gabe becoming a bitter, jaded fan, down on his luck, end of his rope.

Kind of hard to figure out what this thread is bout.

It's about this

2015 NL Division Series METS LOST
[TABLE="class: cms_table, width: 573"]
<tbody>[TR="class: cms_table_white"]
[TD]2014[/TD]
[TD]Lost 1-3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: cms_table_secondaryBg"]
trans.gif
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: cms_table_white"]
[TD]2013[/TD]
[TD]Lost 2-4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Atlanta Braves[/TD]
[TD]Won 3-1[/TD]
[/TR]
trans.gif
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]2009[/TD]
[TD]Lost 1-4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Won 3-0[/TD]
[/TR]
trans.gif
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]2008[/TD]
[TD]Lost 1-4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Chicago Cubs[/TD]
[TD]Won 3-0[/TD]
[/TR]
trans.gif
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]2006[/TD]
[TD]N.Y. Mets[/TD]
[TD]Lost 0-3[/TD]
[/TR]
trans.gif
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]2004[/TD]
[TD]St. Louis[/TD]
[TD]Lost 1-3[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

At the time I started this thread the Cubs were favorites to make the WS. Now I see clearly.

Back