Is there any value in Bama at +4000 still?

D-Woww

Old Man Dan
I kind of think there is. They get in with a Mizzou win and a Mich State win right? so 40-1 is better than parlaying those 2...and then you can alwyas hedge in the finals.

Who is saying Mizzou won't jump Alabama if MSU and Mizzou win Saturday? How could they not? +4,000 is a pipe dream unless y'all know something I do not.

no you are right, mizzou very well may, but the BCS will take any chance they can get to make it a bama-fsu final...would they not have justification in ranking a 1 loss bama team over a 1 loss mizzou team?

If Bama remained above the winner of the SEC I would think it would be the BCS' worst nightmare, could happen on it's way out the door I guess but I doubt it.

no you are right, mizzou very well may, but the BCS will take any chance they can get to make it a bama-fsu final...would they not have justification in ranking a 1 loss bama team over a 1 loss mizzou team?

None. They pick Alabama over the winner of there own conference. Even the bcs isn't so bold.

Mizzou also has the argument of not losing a game with their starting QB which would probably make the difference to the voters, as well as being the conference champ.

a. dont get this mise well thing, but i guess its a thing here lol

b. so why are there still odds on bama? would they need a mich state win, a mizzou win, and then a winston conviction? lol

Duke beats FSU
MSU beating OSU

it's +4000 because that would be a hell of a situation

it would be stupid if a Winston conviction gets FSU out of the championship. They are undefeated. It's a team game. They are #1. Shouldn't punish an entire team

If Bama remained above the winner of the SEC I would think it would be the BCS' worst nightmare, could happen on it's way out the door I guess but I doubt it.

Alabama's only chance is another all-SEC final, so either a rematch or Mizzou. Us lucking into another BCS final would be a fitting end to the BCS era. Just think though, if this was next year, the loss to AU could actually be better for Alabama than going to the SECC. Alabama would be a lock to make the 4 team playoff right now, but a loss in the SEC game would most likely eliminate them. Don't have to chance the loss, Saban and Smart spend all week on the recruiting trail, get home Sunday and see who you play next

Alabama's only chance is another all-SEC final, so either a rematch or Mizzou. Us lucking into another BCS final would be a fitting end to the BCS era. Just think though, if this was next year, the loss to AU could actually be better for Alabama than going to the SECC. Alabama would be a lock to make the 4 team playoff right now, but a loss in the SEC game would most likely eliminate them. Don't have to chance the loss, Saban and Smart spend all week on the recruiting trail, get home Sunday and see who you play next

I don't think they'd be a lock next year. Next year it's a selection committee, there will be no BCS points system, it will be kind of like the basketball tournament committee but they're just picking 4 instead of 64, lol. Anyway, I think in this same scenario next season, Alabama might still be on the outside looking in if Ohio State would win the Big 10 game. Heard a good radio interview today with one of ESPN's BCS gurus (sorry, not sure who it was), and guy suggested if it played out exactly the same way under next year's format, the selection committee would probably go with the two undefeateds (FSU and tOSU), the SEC champ, and Oklahoma State, giving the nod to a 1-loss major conference champion over Alabama. They're not supposed to look at the polls.

haha its funny that i didnt even think of duke here...zero chance they have...i like fla state by 35+

b. so why are there still odds on bama? would they need a mich state win, a mizzou win, and then a winston conviction? lol

Honestly, lines are still up on Bama bc they know those dumb asses (not literally; just when it comes to your love for Bam football) down there along with others will still bet it. Free money if there ever was such a thing.

still odds on Bama because bama fans will throw money on it

I don't think they'd be a lock next year. Next year it's a selection committee, there will be no BCS points system, it will be kind of like the basketball tournament committee but they're just picking 4 instead of 64, lol. Anyway, I think in this same scenario next season, Alabama might still be on the outside looking in if Ohio State would win the Big 10 game. Heard a good radio interview today with one of ESPN's BCS gurus (sorry, not sure who it was), and guy suggested if it played out exactly the same way under next year's format, the selection committee would probably go with the two undefeateds (FSU and tOSU), the SEC champ, and Oklahoma State, giving the nod to a 1-loss major conference champion over Alabama. They're not supposed to look at the polls.

i respect your thoughts tip, but speculating on how the committee will choose teams at this point is useless... they have barely started talking about how they will do it

Even if Jameis is charged, FSU still beats Duke... Is the thinking that voters somehow wouldn't still vote FSU #1? I don't see how that would happen. That being said, I'd love to see the Blue Devils pull off the upset of all upsets just to muck it all up even more.

still odds on Bama because bama fans will throw money on it

this.....books want bama backer or fans to toss a bit on this. A team coming off back to back NC games. of course they are going to keep it on the board until the title game kicks off haha

Back