Is there a better job than 3rd string PG of an NBA team?

Eric8923

Pretty much a regular
Ish Smith for example. Never sees the court, and when he does he only has to run at 75% for 5-6 minutes. Gets courtside seats every night, and gets to hoop around the practice court a couple times a week with a couple NBA All-Stars. All mind you for 800k a year.

That's the life for me.

2nd or 3rd string QB in the NFL. Shorter season and often never have to get a sweat with all the similar perks.

2nd or 3rd string QB in the NFL. Shorter season and often never have to get a sweat with all the similar perks.

sometimes they actually get forced into action though and if they blow a game a whole city can turn on them. See Lindley, Ryan. Usually if a point guard gets hurt the team go sign some veteran who currently is not playing before letting the third stringer run the team

I'd take the career of Charlie Whitehurst. Plays 2-3 decent games every contract year, gets an extension and a raise. Sit the bench for 2 years. Play the last 2 games of your contract year, get extension and a raise. Repeat

Yeah I would not want to end up like Lindley. He is pretty much the reason Arizonas season went down the gutter. QB is too vital a position, whereas in basketball you can run the ball with the PG but the offense can run through a different position. That's not possible in football. So if by the off chance you get forced into action, you can get an entire fanbase to hate you for simply not being as good as the guy ahead of you.

Back