Is Shawne Merriman being logical?

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
Ive updated on his situation in the "Info for Upcoming Season" Thread and I'm sure it's been all over any website youve looked at or on TV.

So is his decision to play dumb since he can obviously due more damage to the knee?
Do you think they're in it for the championship this year so he doesnt want to miss out?

Whats his deal, he has a long career ahead of him. I don't get it but the superbowl is the only thing I can think of.

He said he had a goal with the team and wants to go through with it but still, you get hurt and then he'll be complaining about money later on. eh

I hope he saved his money instead of buying 14 cars and a 18,000 sq ft mansion because this is going to be the last season of his career.

the thing that makes no sense is by all accounts, after his contract is up after 2009, there is no chance he is re-signing with San Diego

So why risk your career for a team that your not even gonna be playing for in 2 years??

Maybe the 'Lights Out' nickname has something to do with the lightbulb in his head...

the thing that makes no sense is by all accounts, after his contract is up after 2009, there is no chance he is re-signing with San Diego

So why risk your career for a team that your not even gonna be playing for in 2 years??

Maybe the 'Lights Out' nickname has something to do with the lightbulb in his head...
I agree, but why wouldnt he resign with SD?

Theyre D is taylor made for him, especially with the upgraded secondary.

I think he just cost himself alot of money and there is no doubt he does more damage. This is football, and he already has trouble staying healthy as it is with the style he plays.

I agree, but why wouldnt he resign with SD?

Theyre D is taylor made for him, especially with the upgraded secondary.

I think he just cost himself alot of money and there is no doubt he does more damage. This is football, and he already has trouble staying healthy as it is with the style he plays.

According to everyone Ive heard talk about it, its a foregone conclusion that hes outta there when his contracts over

no idea why, just seems to be accepted fact at this point

Reminds me a lot of when Charles Woodson played in the Superbowl against Tampa Bay. Questionable and he looked pretty bad...but the "love of the game" I guess. I'll admit, the Superbowl and the regular season are two different things, but after that game Woodson got a lot of heat from people saying he shouldn't have played. If Merriman plays this year and looks bad at times/doesn't put up great numbers...pretty sure the critics will throw him into the fire as well.

If it were me...honestly, I would take the year off at this point. One bad hit and it's over.

apparently they just signed his backup to a 5 year contract extension in the off season so that doesnt bode well for merrimans future there...

Back