Is Notre Dame this bad

El Mago

Pretty much a regular
I am a novice cfb better, and I want ppls opinion... is Notre Dame that bad to risk laying 12 on Mich ST with Notre Dame at home... you would think they would turn it around right?

Regardless of the sprad of game..ND really is that bad and most likely will start season 0-8. I figured 2-6 or 1-7 before season started but thats a reach right now.

The thing is that they don't have O and their QB is a rookie. Take a look at his plays against UM and think whether he can come out from this kind of perf .

not only that, they've blown up the team. Starting over. there is no depth chart.

Weis doesn't know what to do without NFL talent...(is Brady Quinn NFL talent?)

EM, I am not sure if I would play state here either, they laid an egg last week and gave up a bunch of yards rushing to an Average PITT team, if anything I would have to take the points. I liked it better @ 14, but as Ray and Bar said, they do suck and a Tru Fresh QB does not bode well where ever you are. We'll see if Weiis practicing the boys on SUnday helps- I am staying away, but bOL with whatever you do-

Red, he didn't blow up the team ... haven't really seen it anywhere (haven't been looking), but the ND newspaper said the starters are remaining the same. If they ever show up, it will be this weekend. There will be no coming out flat, fans might actually boo. That would be shocking.

Quinn will be real solid. Had minimal talent around him and still produced.

Nd can win this game. I will be on Nd and ML but thats just me

Red, he didn't blow up the team ... haven't really seen it anywhere (haven't been looking), but the ND newspaper said the starters are remaining the same. If they ever show up, it will be this weekend. There will be no coming out flat, fans might actually boo. That would be shocking.

This is what Red is referring to...

EAST LANSING -- Michigan State didn't release its depth chart as it customarily does on Monday because Notre Dame isn't sharing the same information in advance of Saturday's 3:30 p.m. game in South Bend.

The report MSU got from Notre Dame is that in the wake of its 0-3 start, FIghting Irish coach Charlie Weis has blown up the team and is starting over. The Irish have reportedly re-opened training camp and all 22 starting jobs are back up for grabs.
With no Notre Dame starting lineup available, Dantonio has decided to withhold his projected two-deep as well until Weis comes up with one, possibly on Thursday or Friday.

Quinn will be real solid. Had minimal talent around him and still produced.

Nd can win this game. I will be on Nd and ML but thats just me

FunnyFace6.gif

No offense to El Mago, but generally when threads get started about "is a team really this bad (or good)" it's time to start hitting the other side. This works for EVERY sport. The second people realize somebody may be that bad or that good they burn you.

LOL, I am sure that is making fun of me but it makes me laugh. ND ml is a value play. Michigan st had troulbe with a terrible Pitt team at home. Now they have to go on the road. Obviously it is a long shot but love when the pub thinks a team has no shot at home

LOL, I am sure that is making fun of me but it makes me laugh. ND ml is a value play. Michigan st had troulbe with a terrible Pitt team at home. Now they have to go on the road. Obviously it is a long shot but love when the pub thinks a team has no shot at home

naw..not making fun of you.. I just can't catch what you'r trying to say.
<!-- / message -->

wow thanks guys.. i was just wondering.. i think i may stay away from this game.. or have something small on ND ML...
thanks a lot everyone...

naw..not making fun of you.. I just can't catch what you'r trying to say.
<!-- / message -->

This is the way I look at it. Mich st is an average team that barely won against a worse passing attack then ND will show this week. Mich st was at home for that game. Now they go on the road against a team that nobody is giving a chance. ND has looked absolutely terrible in all three games but has played some pretty good defenses. Yes I will say Michigans d is decent as long as the qb stays in the pocket (watch the penn st game). Just like I will say Penn sts d is overrated a bit (watch the Michigan game) Now they get an average defense to play against at home that doesn't deserve to be giving anyone 12 points. Will they win? I don't really know but I bet this game will be much more competitive than there last few games. With that in mind I'm taking a chance on the ML and ATS

This is the way I look at it. Mich st is an average team that barely won against a worse passing attack then ND will show this week. Mich st was at home for that game. Now they go on the road against a team that nobody is giving a chance. ND has looked absolutely terrible in all three games but has played some pretty good defenses. Yes I will say Michigans d is decent as long as the qb stays in the pocket (watch the penn st game). Just like I will say Penn sts d is overrated a bit (watch the Michigan game) Now they get an average defense to play against at home that doesn't deserve to be giving anyone 12 points. Will they win? I don't really know but I bet this game will be much more competitive than there last few games. With that in mind I'm taking a chance on the ML and ATS

Not a bad idea at all. Everybody has shit on ND the last three weeks and rightfully so. If you are a player in that locker room and all you hear is how people are saying that you are going to go 0-8 or 1-7, I would want to kick someone's ass. On the other hand, ND IS a bad football team. I feel like my eyes got gang raped by the bad display of football ND showed last week. I agree that this game should be close just from the pure standpoint of character and embarrassment and being at home. I may just put a small coin on the ML if I am up this weekend. at +345 (Pinnacle) it is worth a small play. GL with the play.

Back