Is Josh Smith playing?

I'd think so Rex. The league typically comes down with the suspension before the morning shootaround to help the team plan for a suspension. Still usually hear some word about it either way. I'd guess he didn't, but have no source.

charlie V didn't get suspended for grabbing Big Z by the throat so Smith is probably in the clear

oh. makes sense. line has been dancing so you're not the only one getting conflicting reports. 8 to 8.5 back to 7.5 at BM in the last 5 minutes

here's what scoresandodds.com is showing, they are pretty good...

NBAGAME CIRCLED:ATL-F-Smith- Downgraded to OUT, G-Bibby-QuestionableDEN-C-Nene-OUT

NBA won't suspend Hawks' Smith after hard foul
Smith may face suspension for foul on Harpring

Hawks point guard Mike Bibby did not attend shoot-around practice Wednesday and will be a game-time decision tonight. He is suffering from the flu and played 15 scoreless minutes Monday against the Jazz.

The Hawks finish a five-game road trip, where they are 1-3, against the Nuggets.

Smith was ejected for a flagrant-2 foul with 8:40 to play in the Hawks’ 108-89 loss to the Jazz. Smith knocked former Marist and Georgia Tech star Matt Harpring to the floor on a fast break. Harpring’s head hit the floor and he bounced up and immediately went after Smith. Both players had to be restrained by teammates and game officials.

Weird that he'd miss if he wasn't suspended. Certainly nothing that the Hawks blogger has updated on the AJC.com.

The Hawks could play Denver without Smith, and perhaps starting point guard Mike Bibby (flu symptoms). Bibby played just 15 minutes against the Jazz and didn’t score.

“He probably won’t even practice,” Woodson said before practice in Denver on Tuesday. “I think he has the same bug Acie [Law IV] had earlier on this trip. We’re going to be short-handed one way or another, but what can you do?”

The Hawks (32-24) might try playing the way they did before the All-Star break, when they won four of five games, including three straight on the road. They won back-to-back road games in Minnesota and Charlotte without All-Star Joe Johnson. They followed that with their first win in Detroit in seven tries two days before the break.

“I’m looking at our road games of late and then these five on this trip and none of it was guaranteed,” Woodson said. “Not the way we’ve been playing. We had three road games before this trip and not one of them was guaranteed. So going back through our last seven road games we’re 4-3, which is better than .500.

Sound like somebody might be happy going 4-4 and getting home to play a divisional foe who's two games back in the standings. This could turn into a real blowout if Woodson just calls off the dogs early.

Sound like somebody might be happy going 4-4 and getting home to play a divisional foe who's two games back in the standings. This could turn into a real blowout if Woodson just calls off the dogs early.

at -9 now, still tempting...lol

I'll be watching this one for possible 2nd half. Even though I swore off those.

I just don't see Bibby playing tonight and the Hawks w/out Bibby and Smith are going to be in a world of hurt when their coach finds going .500 on the road acceptable. Denver is staring at a 1-2 homestand with this game being the one win. In the only game that Bibby missed this year the Hawks lost to the Clippers at home by 28. Likely going to play the Nuggets with a little extra on the 3rd quarter.

Back