Is Cincinnati The Worst Baseball Team (At Least) in Recent Memory?

Orioles have had some terrible seasons lately but I guess if you’re on pace for 23/24 wins then you’re in trouble.
That year they went 0fer April there was a radio jock in Baltimore that said he wasn't changing his underwear until they won a game

Had tickets on vacay that year and saw Phillies at the Vet then on to Baltimore but it was rained out. Couldn't reschedule but at least got to get into the stadium and walk around before they called it. Old Memorial Stadium, before Camden Yards was a thing.

Considering how bad even the teams winning games have been I’d say yes they have a case. Look at how down hitting is across the board, we have 3 teams with a ops above .750. The 4th best team is at .724, that would have been good for 16th last year!! Only bout 15 teams have a ops of .700, most full seasons we only see a few teams below that! The lockout really made April ugly and reds are the ugliest of the bunch, That can’t be good!

Considering how bad even the teams winning games have been I’d say yes they have a case. Look at how down hitting is across the board, we have 3 teams with a ops above .750. The 4th best team is at .724, that would have been good for 16th last year!! Only bout 15 teams have a ops of .700, most full seasons we only see a few teams below that! The lockout really made April ugly and reds are the ugliest of the bunch, That can’t be good!
I guess that's why the under is hitting over 50% of the time for all but six teams

I agree on the Reds but Balt as stated is also bad. I would also like to throw Cle in the mix. And you can't discount Miami for overall GM destruction that has lasted for many years. GL

I agree on the Reds but Balt as stated is also bad. I would also like to throw Cle in the mix. And you can't discount Miami for overall GM destruction that has lasted for many years. GL

Fish might be poorly run but they have had talent and when they sell it off they get more young talent back, they had stanton, yelich, Ozuna and when they sold them off it built what is now a pretty fantastic young pitching staff!!

I can name bunch of legit big leaguers on clevland, in the lineup and rotation, they even have a legit mvp type player in middle the order along with a cy young caliber pitcher anchoring their rotation.

Last few years of balty is def the closest I can think of but I think they at least have some young talent either on roster or not far away. Let’s remember they losing all those games playing in the brutal AL east! If reds end up with a record even close to as bad O’s has been while playing in the much weaker nl central I think they have to skyrocket to top the list!

reds stripped down a team that never even made a playoff appearance! This what you get when you cut the payroll of a team who wasn’t very good down to nothing!! The roster is basically a bunch of past their prime journeyman and kids who not really big league ready yet. Plus Votto who def on the downside of what was a nice career, I feeel bad for him, he can’t be happy and prob why he been in a awful slump.

I like how KJ brings his own understanding of human nature into sports discussions
Deciding at some point this year if I want to get another degree online in sports psychology, figure at 47 it's time to do or don't.

It's fascinating, let's face it we all do it here, prolly be best with golfers tho

Doesn't seem like they care. The fan base doesn't seem too either.

FWIW I only read the thread title, but pretty sure we have some Reds fans on here who could provide their displeasure.

Assuming team gets sold after this season, I don't really even think they have any prospects

Wonder if CTG could pool their money together and buy the Reds.

On the bright side, Cincinnati Bearcats got a huge recruit yesterday. Maybe it would be the worst investment we'd ever made

Their team ERA is 6.15.... a full 1.07 runs more than the next-worst team. Absolutely despicable. The owner, along with Nutting of the Pirates and a few others are a gigantic problem for the league, one that will never go away because of Commissioner <-> Owners prioritization of profits over competitive balance. The luxury tax simply doesn't work when the teams that spend less don't actually use it. So many things wrong about this.

Wonder if CTG could pool their money together and buy the Reds.

On the bright side, Cincinnati Bearcats got a huge recruit yesterday. Maybe it would be the worst investment we'd ever made
Betting on baseball in the Midwest and the Rust Belt doesn't seem lucrative with inflation and a likely oncoming recession

Jealous of my buddy who owns 1 share of Packers stock and has the note to prove it, can never say the Pack aren't a team of the people other than those of us who despise them

Their team ERA is 6.15.... a full 1.07 runs more than the next-worst team. Absolutely despicable. The owner, along with Nutting of the Pirates and a few others are a gigantic problem for the league, one that will never go away because of Commissioner <-> Owners prioritization of profits over competitive balance. The luxury tax simply doesn't work when the teams that spend less don't actually use it. So many things wrong about this.
I am not sure what these type of owners are thinking. Just banking TV revenue I assume?

John Henry for the Red Sox is equally as bad IMO

EDIT - lmao at me getting Tom Warner and John Henry mixed up...I have to find the clip of them thinking Fenway was on literal fire from a few years back during the championship ceremony

Last edited:
I am not sure what these type of owners are thinking. Just banking TV revenue I assume?

John Henry for the Red Sox is equally as bad IMO

EDIT - lmao at me getting Tom Warner and John Henry mixed up...I have to find the clip of them thinking Fenway was on literal fire from a few years back during the championship ceremony
John Henry owns Liverpool. LeBron has a piece.

What they're doing these days is way more valuable than the Red Sox

it freaking insane to me they allowed to pocket the revenue sharing money, mfers should at least have to have that much invested in the roster! no matter how garbage they are or money they claim to lose they never mention how much equity they make as the value of their crappy ass teams skyrocket. pirates are def right there with the reds with no interest in winning anything. A's have managed to alienate a good fan base into a empty stadium while thinking tax payers should foot the bill for a new one! shit is out of control!!

it freaking insane to me they allowed to pocket the revenue sharing money, mfers should at least have to have that much invested in the roster! no matter how garbage they are or money they claim to lose they never mention how much equity they make as the value of their crappy ass teams skyrocket. pirates are def right there with the reds with no interest in winning anything. A's have managed to alienate a good fan base into a empty stadium while thinking tax payers should foot the bill for a new one! shit is out of control!!
and will likely never change

Seems like the wrong people are crazy millionaires or billionaires

If you own a franchise in any sport, you should treat it like a game, not a business. That's how you relate to the everyday fan.

Wish we did the soccer thing in every sport and demote shit teams down a level, would be so much more entertaining.

10 year just hit 3.00% today

Shoud have done it 3 years ago if someone would have handled the virus correctly. This is gonna be a long return from the worst four years of my life.

Not political, I lost confidence in all aspects and somehow am not in prison

Inflation...and blame Bush, Obama, Trump....I don't care really. It's so past time, someone eloquently could have handled it measuredly, but one guy (orange) couldn't figure that out so here we are.

Go REDS!

Seems like the wrong people are crazy millionaires or billionaires

If you own a franchise in any sport, you should treat it like a game, not a business. That's how you relate to the everyday fan.

Wish we did the soccer thing in every sport and demote shit teams down a level, would be so much more entertaining.

Yea but cardinals would have a much harder time making the playoffs if they didn’t get to feast on the losers in nl central! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
Back