Is Chicago Tanking This Season? Cause I Didn't Know...

Vapster

Awesome1#1
SAN JOSE – The crowd at SAP Center on Saturday night began the night with a rousing ovation for former Sharks general manager Doug Wilson.

They ended the night by showering the Sharks with boos after their fourth straight loss to begin the season – 5-2 to the deliberately tanking Chicago Blackhawks.

While the Sharks could have made the argument that their first three losses came to playoff-caliber teams, they played a Blackhawks team Saturday that is deliberately taking a step back to try and land the No. 1 overall draft pick next year.

How are the Hawks tanking?

the team I saw Thursday night didn’t look like they were tanking.

SAN JOSE – The crowd at SAP Center on Saturday night began the night with a rousing ovation for former Sharks general manager Doug Wilson.

They ended the night by showering the Sharks with boos after their fourth straight loss to begin the season – 5-2 to the deliberately tanking Chicago Blackhawks.

While the Sharks could have made the argument that their first three losses came to playoff-caliber teams, they played a Blackhawks team Saturday that is deliberately taking a step back to try and land the No. 1 overall draft pick next year.
Whomever wrote this is a dunderhead

2 hall of famers and a top tier goalie in Mrzaek but yea they’re tanking

Jarred Tinordi was a sneaky smart waiver claim to help Chicago tank but nothing tops San Jose hiring Mike Grier as GM and David Quinn as coach. Chicago is rightfully tanking but they have lots of competition.
Former first round pick bro

Whomever wrote this is a dunderhead

Curtis Pashelka | San Jose Sharks reporter​

Curtis Pashelka is the San Jose Sharks reporter for the Bay Area News Group. Prior to covering the Sharks, Curtis served as the high school sports editor for the East Bay. He also worked as a general assignment reporter covering motorsports, golf and college basketball, and as a backup writer on the A's, Giants and Warriors. He started at the organization in 2000 and spent close to eight years covering high school sports.

Curtis Pashelka | San Jose Sharks reporter​

Curtis Pashelka is the San Jose Sharks reporter for the Bay Area News Group. Prior to covering the Sharks, Curtis served as the high school sports editor for the East Bay. He also worked as a general assignment reporter covering motorsports, golf and college basketball, and as a backup writer on the A's, Giants and Warriors. He started at the organization in 2000 and spent close to eight years covering high school sports.
A high school sports reporter, makes sense now. Thank you Vap daddy.

Why are you insulted that your team is tanking when its the smart thing to do.
Because tanking isn’t playing the game the right way and being an original 6 organization and having a concrete history of always doing things the right way these allegations from outsiders irk me.

Because tanking isn’t playing the game the right way and being an original 6 organization and having a concrete history of always doing things the right way these allegations from outsiders irk me.
Always doing things the right way?

Wasnt the whole management team from 2011 just cleaned out cause they covered up the beach stuff?

Didnt the owner used to not allow any games on local chicago TV?

Always doing things the right way?

Wasnt the whole management team from 2011 just cleaned out cause they covered up the beach stuff?

Didnt the owner used to not allow any games on local chicago TV?
The Kyle Bitch stuff is still very very murky at best, I have serious doubts about much that was reported. Very little makes sense.

Yes, old “Dollar” Bill Wirtz did blackout the local games. But, it was an attempt to get people to the stadium and see the Hawks live. His heart was in the right place.

The Kyle Bitch stuff is still very very murky at best, I have serious doubts about much that was reported. Very little makes sense.

Yes, old “Dollar” Bill Wirtz did blackout the local games. But, it was an attempt to get people to the stadium and see the Hawks live. His heart was in the right place.
Heart in the right place maybe, but head up the ass.

As for Kyle Beach, management doesn't just quietly step down if they're innocent.

Bedard put 7 points today at world juniors

It was germany yes, but hes still an underage player here, so was mcdavid and Matthews and they never did this

Hes gonna break record for Canada world junior goals of all time in next few days, would still be eligible to play 2 more years

I say it every year, this is the best international tournament of them all. I take off work specifically for this every year. Obviously, mix in some family time (while we watch together lol). But there's just something about it. These kids go all out... Slovaks killed the US last night. Upsets all over.

Bedard put 7 points today at world juniors

It was germany yes, but hes still an underage player here, so was mcdavid and Matthews and they never did this

Hes gonna break record for Canada world junior goals of all time in next few days, would still be eligible to play 2 more years
I think about how great it would be if the Rangers were able to draft him and then remember how they would just ruin his career anyway.

The Rangers mishandling Lafrieniere like the Jets did with Darnold and now Wilson makes me want to walk away from these inept franchises. You don't draft a guy first overall and then consistently give him less ice time than journeyman like Vesey and Goodrow. Now to top it off he is getting scratched from the lineup like Kakko was in their elimination game in last years playoffs.

The Rangers mishandling Lafrieniere like the Jets did with Darnold and now Wilson makes me want to walk away from these inept franchises. You don't draft a guy first overall and then consistently give him less ice time than journeyman like Vesey and Goodrow. Now to top it off he is getting scratched from the lineup like Kakko was in their elimination game in last years playoffs.
To be fair when given ice time Laf has been rather disappointing. But maybe they should be more patient than they are with him. IDK. Sucks.

In their draft years at world juniors

Crosby had 9 points in 6 games
McDavid 11 in 7
Matthews 11 in 6

Bedard at 13 in 3 so far

I'd trade every draft pick as far as they'd let me to draft him

up 2-0 and let SJ rattle off 4 straight

Watching Kane address the media at the moment

Lost 12 of 13

Excuse me they gave up 5 straight

Amputated souls abound on the west side

Back