Iowa Corn 300

captjohn67

Pretty much a regular
18-34 (-3.81) tough luck last race dropping 40 cents

so now we head to Newton for a 300 lap event on a .875 mile oval. If the race run at Milwaukee is any indicator of how things will shake out (and it sure as hell is) we know that the Andretti camp will not dominate like they have been here (they won the last five) So, can Bourdais duplicate his effort from last week? He has only run here twice, (and without a top ten) but i am going to say yes. Really interested to see what respect they give him. If not for the late yellow, the Frenchman might have done this.

Montoya - if not for a penalty last week, i think he would have at least had a podium. Hell, he still finished 4th, so he is on my radar even though his only effort here was a crash with 20 laps to go last year.

Marco - if there is an Andretti car that might be competitive, this would be my man. Four top 3's in eight trips (and a win) and the best performance from the camp last week with an 8th place finish make him a possibility. Possibility meaning i might entertain a matchup.

Kanaan - five top 3's in 8 trips and has led 453 laps of the 1704 he has turned here make him the short fav imo. I'll peg him with a +500. I doubt they'll agree with me, and i sincerely hope that is the case.

Karam - youth, to aggressive, or just a dumbass with soooo much to learn?? I don't really care the answer, i'll bet Pippa Mann against him in a matchup and she's not even running this weekend.

Newgarden - just as interested to see how the books handle him as much as i am Bourdais. Only one top 3 in three trips does not inspire, but that means bo didley. He should be able to duplicate the set up and be a factor.

Pagenaud - i'll bet you a case of beer he finishes 9th or worse. You know where i am going with this.

Sato - my little kamikaze buddy has been RAF in only one of his 5 trips. From his horrid showing last week, let's just pray they don't match him up with Karam and we'll have at least one guaranteed winner. Yes, even Pippa.

RHR - just end the damn season so i can go on fucking vacation already please (his most recent twitter post)

more in a little bit....

Thanks Schrute, i'll do my best (handshake)

Kanaan -130 Pagenaud
Briscoe +120 Kimball - i have no idea where they got this number. Should be a -115/-115
Newgarden +2250 (.05)
Bourdais +2250 (.05)
parlay - RHR -130 Munoz and Carpenter -150 Wilson (1 to win 1.949)

they literally had the futures up for 10 minutes and now they're gone....odd. Let's see how they qualify and we will go from there.

field -295 against Kanaan?? pretend it's Serena and play it, right?? yes but no thank you

Bourdais with a sewed up ride but no thanks on a -180

Briscoe showed up with a bucket of bolts, my sincere apologies

Montoya + 105 is insulting, so put me a unit on it

Cold beers and ribeyes Hound. GLTA

Back