Interesting MNF Angle

dg84

Pretty much a regular
I realize each game is a separate & distinct entity, but just came across a bit of info about the Steelers performance at home on MNF. Steelers are 29-5 at home overall & have won 20 straight at home on MNF. Last loss came during the 1991 season. That stat, along with the game being Big Ben's final home appearance make the Steelers tempting despite their horrid play last week. Besides, pretty sure the Browns have been eliminated from playoff contention now. I think the Steelers only in is if they win out & the Colts lose to Jacksonville next week.

Yeah Cleveland is now out of the running, would explain the line move to Pitt -2. Seems like a good teaser line for Cleveland. Pitts largest margin of victory all season was 8 versus Denver. Not sure they top that tonight.

This smells like a game where all signs point to Pittsburgh, but at the end of the day, they are a really bad football team. I’m not suggesting the Browns are much better by any means. But, this line would easily be a few points higher if Vegas had the slightest bit of confidence that Pitt was going to win.

This smells like a game where all signs point to Pittsburgh, but at the end of the day, they are a really bad football team. I’m not suggesting the Browns are much better by any means. But, this line would easily be a few points higher if Vegas had the slightest bit of confidence that Pitt was going to win.
True true.

I think the crux of this matchup intangibles aside is the Cle rush offense vs the Pitt rush defense. Absolute mismatch.

I don't think they're a really bad team from a talent perspective, or for that matter, a win/loss perspective, but they are a team that plays really bad at times. On the other hand, they've also beaten a few good teams. Cleveland is also a mediocre team & one of their two biggest rivals. The line already moved 6.5 points since last night, so not sure how much more movement would be expected. Cleveland's big advantage is obviously the run game, but the Steelers also have a significant edge in the passing game with both of the Brown's starting safeties out.

True true.

I think the crux of this matchup intangibles aside is the Cle rush offense vs the Pitt rush defense. Absolute mismatch.
Running game takes a ton of effort to succeed, are you really expecting that from all involved for the Browns tonight?

They might, but it's a reach imo

How much do the steelers team like Big Ben

If this is legitimately his last home game, have to think they come out big for him

I'll probly play live just waiting to see that

I don't think they're a really bad team from a talent perspective, or for that matter, a win/loss perspective, but they are a team that plays really bad at times. On the other hand, they've also beaten a few good teams. Cleveland is also a mediocre team & one of their two biggest rivals. The line already moved 6.5 points since last night, so not sure how much more movement would be expected. Cleveland's big advantage is obviously the run game, but the Steelers also have a significant edge in the passing game with both of the Brown's starting safeties out.
yes I agree. I think the Browns are still in it, but they need a ton of help. Even if they are out of it, it's still a rivalry game and why not take out your rival and keep them from having any chance of going to the playoff? I don't think being in or out of the playoffs matter here due to rivalry.
The two biggest factors will be the ability of Pittsburgh's defense to stop NIck Chubb. If Chubb gets going, it makes all of Mayfield's passes that much easier to complete. The second will be turnovers both Ben and Baker. Both QBs can be careless with the ball at times throwing INTs at inopportune times.

If current Steeler team play goes to form, Cleveland may jump out to an early lead by Halftime and then the Steelers will have to try to climb back and win in the 4th Qtr.

at this time. I have only 2 plays which I bought much earlier in the week before I knew the Safeties were out.

Cle-2 1st Half
Nick Chubb (anytime TD scorer)

Everything about this game says clock moving/under so we know what that means

Probably a big game out of Ben for obvious reasons, not sure why Browns pass catchers would show up other than prime time

Anyone with any insight into the line move from 3 to 1 in the last 15 minutes, other than people manipulating their investments from earlier in the week?

My guess is that Pitt may get a couple of big flags or no calls that go their way.....

Back