Injury Thread for the Divisionals

Tito

The Salty Dog
Hoping we can get some updates here for some key guys that are questionable for this weekends games.

I'm on vacation this week and have little time as is.

Ryan Clark? Embarrassed to say I didn't even know he was Quest for the game?

Titans D line - Albert and Vandenbocs?

Big Ben?

Anything else, thanks guys and bol to you all this weekend.

:cheers:

i heard fisher on the radio saying they should have no lingering injury problems by gametime. they had a full pad practice last week also. i assume that means the DL will be dominant again

yea, Clark looks good, I guess - really like the Stillers, but that 6 is no good to me

Albert and KVB are ready to go.

However, Mawae is "questionable"

since you are a local there, how good are they? have they been practicing, or have you been able to read some articles in the local paper with their quotes?

really like tennessee this weekend. This line is not going to move at all, its giong to sit at 3. tenn wins this by 7-13 pts imo.

Albert and KVB are ready to go.

However, Mawae is "questionable"

Mawae will not play. Leroy Harris took all the snaps in practice this week and Mawae admitted in an interview on Sirius radio that he would not play. Coach Fisher tried some damage control yesterday by stating that he is still "day-to-day" but no way he will be ready. I think losing Mawae will have an impact.

yeah that's a killer injury. he's the leader on that line. balts interior line is sick too. he's my only reservation for playing TN

Hey guys i'm new to the forum. But here is something I pulled off the internet regarding concussions and why i think SD may be a decent play.

Kevin Guskiewicz, PhD, and researchers at the University of North Carolina's Center for the Study of Retired Athletes analyzed data from more than 1,500 players from 15 colleges over three years. The players' mental abilities were assessed before the season and after a concussion. The researchers concluded that, on average, football players need almost a week's recovery time after symptoms fade in order to avoid getting another concussion. Football players who suffered one concussion were three times more likely than non-concussed players to get a second concussion in that same season.
A concussion has a cumulative effect: each concussion makes the player more vulnerable to another concussion. With each concussion, it takes less force to cause another concussion and it takes longer to recover and get back to normal. For example, of 12 players who had suffered two concussions in a season, 11 had suffered the second concussion within 10 days of the initial concussion. In fact, the study found that one concussion puts a player at higher risk of another concussion for up to seven years!

just saying that big ben is the ideal candidate to get knocked the fck out quickly if he gets hit hard.

no doubt jman, good first post btw, but i'm just as happy with leftwitch as i am ben back there. the defense is what i'm betting on when i bet pitt

since you are a local there, how good are they? have they been practicing, or have you been able to read some articles in the local paper with their quotes?

really like tennessee this weekend. This line is not going to move at all, its giong to sit at 3. tenn wins this by 7-13 pts imo.

Sorry for the delay Wiz....I love the Titans here, and that is beyond my homerism.

The Mawae injury hurts, but the 2nd year backup has done fine, and the Titans make their stand on D anyway.

Quote of the week around here is from Albert "The Bear" Haynesworth: "The bear has been in hibernation, and now it is time for the bear to eat."

If that doesn't scare you, then you are a bigger man than me.

This is going to be one of those ugly 16-9, 20-13 type games IMO. Titans D will control this game, and Collins and Co. will do just enough, with pounding the ball, quick hits with Chris Johnson, and hitting the TE's for first downs.

I watched the Jeff Fisher show a couple of nights ago, and I get the feeling his is really confident in this game with this matchup.

I hammered the Titans, and will be there in the cold wet to cheer them on. MCG is doing his part, whaling at the Ravens' hotel. I am so ready

thanks for the info.

i just deleted the info here and put it in the other thread, didnt want to screw up the injury thread.

Nice post JMan...and I agree, Ben could get knocked out early (he's gotta be thanking God he doesn't have to face the Ravens this week!)

However, Leftwich has came in and played VERY well throughout the season, I would be happy with him back there...

Sproles can't do what he did to Indy against Pitt can he?

Back