Injury News/ Other developments

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
Slow morning so I'll spend a little time on this thread. Appreciate any and all contributions to the thread with any news that people may have.

Old ball back in play on Monday? I think that's the date anyway. Totals will be a bit intriguing for a couple of days. I'm curious if it has any affect on players.

New Grizzlies head coach Tony Barrone plans on giving rookie Rudy Yag extensive minutes.

"He's going to play minutes," Barone said. "If he's dying, he's going to play minutes. I told him, 'Don't look over to the bench to me because you're tired, because you're not coming out. You will die. You'll be the first player who died on the basketball court because you're tired.' He's going to play minutes and he's going to produce." Barone plans to implement a more uptempo style featuring less play calling. He also plans to use a set rotation of nine or 10 players, similar to what Hubie Brown used.

After spraining his right ankle Friday night, T.J. Ford is listed as questionable for Saturday night's contest.
Although Ford was injured last night, he was able to stay in the game and isn't expected to miss tonight's contest.

Grant Hill injured a tendon in his left foot and sat out the entire fourth quarter Friday night.
He is questionable for tonight's game against the Heat.

Coach Pat Riley said Dwyane Wade (wrist) could miss Saturday night's game in Orlando, and might not return until Jan. 3 against the Clippers.

Doctors don't think Chauncey Billups calf muscle is torn, but he'll undergo some medical tests Saturday.
Billups, who is expected to miss 10 days to two weeks, went down with a strained right calf muscle after making a clutch 3-point shot with 18.6 seconds left Friday

DeSagana Diop had a swollen left eye after getting knocked unconscious briefly during the second half against Phoenix Thursday.
He had a small cut over his left eye, which wasn't as serious as the one he received from Mike James last season in Toronto. Diop sat out practice because he still had a headache from the collision with Shawn Marion. He didn't need stitches and vowed to play tonight.

Jerry Stackhouse (ankle) is considered a game-time decision for Saturday's contest.
Stackhouse has missed three straight and seven of the past 10. He worked out Friday and could play tonight against New Orleans.
(Not sure why he'd play tonight with a b2b against the Nuggets tomorrow)

pixel.gif

Kirk Hinrich, who reaggravated a strained groin Friday night, is questionable for Saturday night against Cleveland.
Hinrich will be re-evaluated in Saturday's shootaround.

Though he was expected back for Friday night's contest with the Lakers, Bobcats PF Sean May missed his seventh straight game due to a sprained ankle.
His workout before Wednesday's game made his absence quizzical.

Barone said:
"If he's dying, he's going to play minutes. I told him, 'Don't look over to the bench to me because you're tired, because you're not coming out. You will die. You'll be the first player who died on the basketball court because you're tired.'

:36_11_6:

I will never forgive Rudy Yag for that loss against george mason

What a fuckin disgrace..

As good as I can do for ya.

Wizards center Brendan Haywood (six points, seven rebounds, a steal and a block) missed a small amount of playing time on Friday when he sprained his right ankle against the Magic.

It doesn't sound like a serious ailment. Haywood should continue to be productive without Etan Thomas

JPicks said:
As good as I can do for ya.

Wizards center Brendan Haywood (six points, seven rebounds, a steal and a block) missed a small amount of playing time on Friday when he sprained his right ankle against the Magic.

It doesn't sound like a serious ailment. Haywood should continue to be productive without Etan Thomas

Hmm. I wonder if they'll send him out there tonight on a B2B with a sprained ankle.

go to realgm.com or basketballboards.net

then to the team page

those guys live and breathe their teams

Nevermind. Looks like he's in.

Bredan Haywood looked fine in the lockeroom after the game. He rolled his right ankle late in the third, went back to get it taped and returned.

Back