Injuries and transfers of note...

I feel like we will see several transfers this week due to the new 4 game redshirt rule.

Shall see as things progress...

I think VT's backup could end up better than Jackson. Haven't been impressed. Willis is a much quicker runner and more dynamic of a thrower/runner.

I feel like we will see several transfers this week due to the new 4 game redshirt rule.

Shall see as things progress...

The unintended consequences of this new rule could dramatically affect teams moving forward. While it's a great rule for getting underclassmen a chance to get their feet wet without burning a year of eligibility, I agree that we will see more and more players decide the first 4 games didn't go well for them and decide to leave mid-season

SDSU tailback Juwan Washington came into the game suffering from turf toe. He came out of it suffering from turf toe — and an upper body injury.

Washington watched the second half from the sidelines with a sling over one shoulder. Long said the running back “strained something in his upper chest” and that more would be known Sunday after further tests.

“The doctors seem real positive that he’s going to be OK,” Long said.

My guess is that Bryant is done at Clemson. He skipped practice today and that makes it look like the new 4 game redshirt rule might be on his mind.

How healthy is Memphis
Norvell said everyone would know how healthy his team was by kickoff. Based on open practices this week, several players will still be a mystery up front.

Linemen Jonathan Wilson and O'Bryan Goodson practiced Tuesday while Emmanuel Cooper was wearing a non-contact jersey. Linebacker Jackson Dillon, who left the South Alabama game with an injury, missed his second day of practice.

Safety La'Andre Thomas and cornerback Tito Windham will also be game-time decisions after neither practiced Monday

The injuries affected the Tigers' pass rush against South Alabama and with Tulane's offense being a balanced attack, this is where the Tigers' front line needs to win. Look for linemen Joseph Dorceus, Keith Brigham and linebacker Bryce Huff get more reps if needed.

LSU OL updates, Brumfield, Magee and Charles all began the season as starters. One of them is out for sure, the other two remain questionable.

Ed Orgeron said during his weekly radio show Wednesday night that injured left guard Garrett Brumfield will be out "a couple of weeks" after suffering an apparent left knee injury in the first quarter of No. 5 LSU's 38-21 win over Louisiana Tech on Saturday.

Orgeron said Monday that true freshman Chasen Hines will start in place of Brumfield. Hines subbed in for him in both the Auburn and Louisiana Tech games, playing a total of 79 snaps.
Nearly four weeks after leaving the Miami game with an injury, former starting LSU right tackle Adrian Magee returned to practice Wednesday.

The 6-foot-4, 335-pound junior was dressed in full pads and ran through individual drills with the first team as the left tackle. Sophomore Austin Deculus, who has started at right tackle the last two games, continued to practice at right tackle.

Starting left tackle Saahdiq Charles was not at practice for the third consecutive day. Ed Orgeron said Wednesday morning that Charles and Magee are still questionable for Saturday's game against Ole Miss.

Second team tackle Badara Traore wore a gold non-contact jersey.

Then throw in the quarterback spot where Jake Luton, who was named the starter for the opener, suffered a concussion on the first drive of the game and also missed last week’s game with an ankle injury.
“We’d love to have the option of Jake and I think you saw what he can do in the second half of that Nevada game, came in and made some plays,” Lindgren said.

Luton has been limited this week and Smith said Thursday he is doubtful for Saturday.

From UMass site:

Q: Let’s start with the injuries because that seems to interest everyone.

A: We’ll leave the quarterback situation aside because there is no update I can provide outside of the fact both Ross Comis and Andrew Ford are questionable.
What can we expect at quarterback Saturday?

A: There is obviously a lot of unknown variables with this question because we won’t know who’s starting until game time. If Curtis starts then it’ll be his game assuming he stays healthy or UMass has a big lead. The more interesting question is what happens if Ford and/or Comis are cleared.

If only Ford is cleared then I expect Curtis will play a little bit to give Ford a breather in his first game back, especially now that Whipple has a lot more confidence in Curtis. If both Comis and Ford are cleared then I think we’ll see what we’ve seen in the first three games of the two quarterbacks alternating in and out.

If only Comis is cleared then we run into the biggest unknown. Would Whipple rotate Comis and Curtis because they have similar skill sets? Would Whipple just stick with Comis for the whole game? I don’t think even Whipple knows the answer to that question right now.

Back