Injuries and Issues for Thursday

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
Kobe Bryant went down hard last night.

<--insert Amaechi comment here-->

He left the game briefly, but he did return to put the game away in the 4th for the lakers. After the game he said it was sore, but sometimes ya "just gotta suck it up".

<--insert Amaechi comment here-->

Don't expect him to miss any time.

Lebron, once again, did not play. His team is in disarray, Z has aged 10 years in the last week, and the kids are playing like crap. wtf will the Cavs do? Is Anderson Varejao supposed to spark them after declaring he doesn't want to play for the Cavs anymore? What a joke.

Jason Kidd sat out with a migraine, but the NY Post reports something quite a bit different...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/1206200...trike_kidd_decides_to_sit_o_808437.htm?page=1

Jason Kidd was "on strike," last night several team sources claimed, and he essentially called in sick, perhaps in an effort to force a trade from the Nets or get a contract extension.

Minnesota @ Atlanta

Minny is 2-14 and 1-6 on the road SU.
Atlanta is 7-10 and 4-5 at home SU.

Al Jefferson had back surgery on Wednesday. I'd expect him to be out for the time being.
Marko Jaric is questionable.
Rashad McCants is complaining (surprise!) of sore knees.
Theo Ratliff and Randy Foye are both, of course, still out.

Tyronn Lue has missed a couple games with a sore left calf, but Acie Law is back in the lineup...though he can't shoot worth a shit.

http://www.ajc.com/services/content...awksnot_1205.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=21

Zaza sat out Tuesday with lignering headaches after taking a concussion from Dalambert in the previous game.

"I still have a headache. I'm taking some medicine, but it's not helping," said Pachulia, who was to be examined by a team doctor Tuesday night. "Sometimes after certain moves, I feel dizzy. That means that I got hit pretty good."

Minnesota is off a crushing loss to the Lakers on Tuesday.
Atlanta is off a crushing loss to the Pistons on Tuesday (though they made the score look almost respectable)

Next,
Minnesota gets to lose to Phoenix on Saturday.
Atlanta hosts Memphis on Saturday.

Minnesota is second worst in field goal percentage against in the league at 47.5.
Atlanta is third last in the league in three points made with 4.3 per game.

Minnesota is 6-17 ATS in its last 23 games
Minnesota is 2-21 SU in its last 23 games
Minnesota is 8-14-1 ATS in its last 23 games on the road
Minnesota is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games on the road
Minnesota is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Atlanta
Minnesota is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Atlanta
Minnesota is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Atlanta
Minnesota is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Atlanta

Atlanta is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Atlanta is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games at home

Timberwolves are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 Thursday games.
Timberwolves are 9-4-1 ATS in their last 14 games as a road underdog.
Timberwolves are 9-4-1 ATS in their last 14 road games.
Timberwolves are 17-43-2 ATS in their last 62 games overall.
Timberwolves are 9-26-2 ATS in their last 37 games playing on 1 days rest.
Timberwolves are 3-10 ATS in their last 13 games as an underdog.

Hawks are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games as a favorite.
Hawks are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.

Home team is 7-3 ATS in the last 10 meetings.

Timberwolves are 0-4 ATS in the last 4 meetings in Atlanta.
Timberwolves are 0-6 ATS in the last 6 meetings.

My prediction here is that the T'wolves fail to play appreciable defense and give up a LOT of layups. Minny turns the ball over on no less than 5 unforced errors, and there might be another 15 steals and other forced TOs.

Hawks win by 15. 97-82 or so.

No play for me, though. I can't lay DD with a bad team even against one of the worst teams.

Denver @ Dallas

Denver has played like shit on the road recently.
Dallas has been playing some pretty pedestrian ball recently.

Last meeting on April 6th, Denver won 75-71. What a joke.
Prior to that was Feb 24, at Dallas, and the Mavs won 115 - 95.

Nuggets lost to the Lakers Wednesday night.
Mavs lost to the Spurs Wednesday night.

Next,
Denver hosts the Kings on Saturday.
Dallas hosts the Jazz on Saturday.

Iverson tried to take over the game and score 60 last night. He only managed 51, and his team lost by 4. whoops! Go back to practice, bitch.

The Mavs blew <--insert Amaechi comment here--> two chances to tie for OT or win the game in San Antonio last night.

No new injuries. The usuals apply.

Denver has the second worst rebounds allowed in the league at 47.4.
Dallas leads the league in free throw percentage with 84.4.

Denver is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
Denver is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games on the road
Denver is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Dallas
Denver is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Dallas
Denver is 6-13 ATS in its last 19 games when playing on the road against Dallas
Denver is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Dallas

Dallas is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games
Dallas is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Dallas is 10-1 SU in its last 11 games at home

Nuggets are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 Thursday games.
Nuggets are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games overall.
Nuggets are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 road games.
Nuggets are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games as a road underdog.
Nuggets are 0-7 ATS in their last 7 games as an underdog.

Mavericks are 9-23 ATS in their last 32 games as a favorite.
Mavericks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 Thursday games.
Mavericks are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games overall.
Mavericks are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games as a home favorite.

Home team is 6-1 ATS in the last 7 meetings.
Favorite is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings.

Miami @ Portland

The Heat are off two losses on Sunday and Monday at Denver and then Utah.
Portland is off a loss to the Spurs Sunday and a win over Memphis 106-105 on Monday.

the Heat are starting a 4 in 5 in 4 different cities. The Warriors should run them to death tomorrow, and Phoenix in the 4th game is just brutal for em.
Portland doesn't play again until Sunday when they host Milwaukee.

No new Injuries, but Dorell Wright returned for the Heat on Sunday. JWill did play Monday after hurting his wrist Sunday.

Previously, the Blazers were talking about running Roy at the point from time to time. This could easily fark the Heat up if Flash has to defend him...

Smush Parker is still OUT. This is good for the Heat.

Miami is 4-19 SU in its last 23 games
Miami is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
Miami is 2-11 SU in its last 13 games on the road
Miami is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Portland
Miami is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Portland
Miami is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Portland
Miami is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games when playing on the road against Portland

Portland is 2-9 ATS in its last 11 games
Portland is 2-9 SU in its last 11 games
Portland is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home

Heat are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games as a road favorite.
Heat are 11-5-1 ATS in their last 17 games playing on 2 days rest.
Heat are 2-11 ATS in their last 13 games as a favorite.

Trail Blazers are 16-5 ATS in their last 21 games as a home underdog.
Trail Blazers are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games as an underdog.
Trail Blazers are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 games overall.

Favorite is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings.
Road team is 7-2 ATS in the last 9 meetings.

I *really* want to buck all this and take the Blazers...this Miami fave shit on the road is a joke.

spacer.gif
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="8" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td class="wiretap_key_header">Smush Still Banished From Heat</td> </tr> <tr> <td>December 6, 2007 - 4:37 am</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Miami Herald -
Pat Riley confirmed Wednesday that guard Smush Parker would not join the team during its six-game Western Conference trip because of his role in a Nov. 27 altercation with a valet parking attendant.

LMAO same shit he pulled in La La land.. dude is lucky to be in the league, no telling what hed be doing if naismith didnt invent the game.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Red I think you missed this..
Forward Antoine Walker missed practice Wednesday so he could see a doctor about an injured ankle that left him limping badly throughout Tuesday's 116-95 loss to the Lakers. He accompanied the team to Atlanta, but is questionable for tonight's game.
"It's tough to play out there, real painful," he said. "I'm trying to, but my ankle's messed up."

I dont think Jefferson had surgery.. its the coach who had it. Big difference considering the wolves dont have much besides al.

Red I think you missed this..
Forward Antoine Walker missed practice Wednesday so he could see a doctor about an injured ankle that left him limping badly throughout Tuesday's 116-95 loss to the Lakers. He accompanied the team to Atlanta, but is questionable for tonight's game.
"It's tough to play out there, real painful," he said. "I'm trying to, but my ankle's messed up."

I will miss all sorts of things. thanks for the update.

What is the record for least amount of wins in a year? I think 12.. I am shocked that the wolves have 2 already. When Telfair is your starter..

yea ginobli looked really injured last night :hang:

Who works these injury lists? Bellichek?

Jason Kidd did indeed have a migraine yesterday.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NBA&id=303

Nets' president Rod Thorn:

"[Kidd] was very hurt about some of things in some of the articles and he plans to address it."

"I am blessed to have the contract that I have," Kidd insisted. "There's been a lot of speculation about the extension and all this other stuff. That's just the business of basketball and...I have nothing to do with that. For me, (the goal is) to go out and win as many games as possible before the playoffs start. That's what I'm trying to do."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/12206771.html

Acie Law is playing for the Hawks tonight.

Make that starting. Stupid announcers made it sound like he hadn't played in weeks.

Still waiting for word on Jaric.

the announcers are talking about an altercation in practice between Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams.

they're couching it in terms of, "it's good for the team to be this fired up"...

we'll see how it goes for their team play tonight...

Joe Johnson was gettin criticized in the ajc.. things arent good for my hawks right now :(

if miami loses what will GS line be? and if miami wins?

oh that line's gong up regardless. It opened at -8, and I hit it there several hours ago. I'd guess maybe -12 by gametime.

abcs, they're lookin pretty good right now. you watching?

the hawks need their depth at PG back...I think this team is a year or two away from being over .500 for the year. Really...there's a ton of talent.

Back