Injuries and Issues for Saturday

Quinton Ross got back on the court Friday.

He played 14 minutes and had 8pts, 1reb, 1assist, 1 steal, and 1 block.

Mo Pete and Peja are back on the court. Neither played particularly well, but Mo Pete's 1 of 6 for 5 points was definitely crappier than Peja's 4 of 11 for 10. And Peja had 10 rebounds, too.

Kirk Hinrich actually played quite well on Friday going for a triple double.

15 points, 12 rebounds, and 14 assists.

Antonio Daniels will miss a few weeks with a sprained right MCL.

they don't really need a PG, do they?

LeBron James says his hand feels better.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/windhorst/12528471.html

LeBron James said his sprained left index finger has been feeling much better recently, and he attributes that to the extra rest he forced himself to take before returning to play. He took criticism for waiting five games to come back. He said he plans to wear his protective glove for at least a couple more weeks, but may not need it for that long.

''It is feeling better than ever right now,'' James said. ''I sat out enough practices and enough games so that when I came back, it wouldn't be an issue.''

golly. too bad they LOST last night...

Tim Duncan should be playing tonight, but Tony Parker should still be out.

we've heard this about "Tim Duncan is probable" before...

Riley has challenged his team. Again. The Heat have to decide if they want to be great or if they want to suck.

no word on which side of the line the team stepped to, but Wade did a pirouette on the line itself, a foul was then called on Riley, and he was ejected for arguing the point.

http://www.miamiherald.com/594/story/345717.html

in all seriousness, Jason Williams will continue to start even though lately he's been playing like he has eddy curry crammed up his ass.

Riley said Jason Williams would remain the starting point guard, despite his inconsistency and the recent improved play of Chris Quinn.

you can still get the Kings at better than 3:1 tonight...

:cheers:

And you can count on the fact that I'm looking at it.

Roger Mason may or may not be OK, but he's got 19 assists over the entire season. I'm even less confident in Nick Young with 23 TO's to 15 Assists.

That's alot of uncertainty, but luckily for them they'll only have to face Udrih.

And you can count on the fact that I'm looking at it.

Roger Mason may or may not be OK, but he's got 19 assists over the entire season. I'm even less confident in Nick Young with 23 TO's to 15 Assists.

That's alot of uncertainty, but luckily for them they'll only have to face Udrih.

are you kidding? Udrih with another chance to show up someone in the NBA?

I think he'll manage it......they'll have to do something like play Caron Butler at PG eventually.

:36_11_6:

Tim Thomas sprained his ankle in Friday's game, and he's questionable for Sunday's game against the Lakers.

this is Very Bad News for the Clips. Tim Thomas IS their outside game...Cat Mobley better step up.

Pau Gasol says he could miss a WEEK with his toe injury.

http://www.thememphisedge.com/2007/12/14/dec-14-gasol-out-a-week/

UPDATE: Gasol out indefinitely

Posted by Ronald Tillery
Pau Gasol will miss tonight’s game against the Los Angeles Clippers and is out indefinitely with a jammed big toe on his right foot, the team confirmed before its game.

Gasol will miss at least a week, according to a news item posted on his personal website.

The official site of the 7-foot Spaniard – paugasol.com – reported the seriousness of the situation after Gasol was hurt Thursday in practice.
Here is the entry on paugasol.com:

Pau jammed the big toe on his right foot in practice this Thursday and he will be out of the game against the Clippers and probably for the following week.

Although his status is day-to-day, Pau could be out for the next five games. He would lose the game in Orlando on Saturday, the one against Golden State on Monday, and Wednesday against San Antonio.

He could be back for the game on Friday 21 December in Detroit or for the 22 December in the FedEx against Philadelphia. We will give you further information.

hey red, you got anything else on Peja..... he re-aggravated his strained pussy against Dallas last night and is questionable for tonight. this is what i got from the Times-Picayune

Hornets forward Peja Stojakovic will be questionable for Saturday's game against the Phoenix Suns after aggravating a strained groin in the third quarter of Friday's loss.

hey red, you got anything else on Peja..... he re-aggravated his strained pussy against Dallas last night and is questionable for tonight. this is what i got from the Times-Picayune

that's all I can find, bro.

Melvin Ely, btw, is doubtful with an eye busted by Kenyon Martin...he didn't play friday.

aside from being soft, a bad defensive player, and prone to jack up a shit-ton of bricks during a game........he sat out last game and is questionable for this one.

any locals have the scoop?

Nick Young might start tonight.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2007/12/young_to_start.html

Young to start?

Roger Mason Jr. is listed as a starter at guard in place of the injured Antonio Daniels, who sprained his right MCL on Thursday night at Miami and is expected to miss 2-4 weeks, but I'm hearing that Nick Young will start along with DeShawn Stevenson tonight against Sacramento. Not Mason. The reason, according to the person I spoke with, is that Eddie doesn't want to put Nick Young, Dominic McGuire and Andray Blatche on the court at the same time. He'd rather have a vet like Mason out there with the young guys. Stay tuned.

FYI: someone on the blog asked about 10-day contracts. The first day teams can sign players to 10-days is Jan. 5. It's possible that Ernie will go add someone like Mike Wilkes, but I wouldn't count on it. Besides, I just chatted with Antonio and he's in good spirits. "No way I'm missing a month," Daniels said. "That's not happening. I already feel better on it today than I did yesterday." I'll say this: No player on this team takes care of his body better than Daniels and he's been durable throughout his career.

Free chalupas for hawks fans, if the number of points exceeds the attendance tonight.

<TABLE class=wire id=dgrdWire style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=date>12/15/07
08:01 PM</TD><TD class=title>Lineup Alert NBA </TD><TD class=text>Suns G Steve Nash is IN tonight's lineup</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=wire id=dgrdWire style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=date>12/15/07
07:59 PM</TD><TD class=title>News Alert NBA </TD><TD class=text>Nuggets F Kenyon Martin has been suspended for one game for his flagrant foul on Melvin Ely on Wednesday.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

08:02 PM</TD><TD class=title>Lineup Alert NBA </TD><TD class=text>Hornets F Peja Stojakovic is not listed on the injury report, but is NOT in the starting lineup.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Back