Info for Thursday bases...*BOS @ PHILLY 1pm ESPN*

Capt. Slap

1st year apprentice of Sammy
Alrighttttttt boys and gals...nice little 8-3 run the past two days, unfortunately, I haven't really won anything because Tampa Bay has ABSOLTLEY killed me the past two nights...but it's cool, they're still my boys :cheers:

Onto todays bases (at first glance, this card looks shaky...on Wagerline I just went down and clicked EVERY doggie except Houston and the team Tampas playing)

We'll start of with the ESPN game @ 1pm EST time....

BOSTON VS. PHILADELPHIA (-125)

Pitching for Boston is Wakefeild for the first 5 innings, following by Papelbon for the final 4...you'd think this is solid and an easy bet until you see that the Phillies are throwing Jamie Moyer for the first 5 and Jon Leiber after that...

I would not bet on this game, even if a gun was put to my head...unless the lineups are completely off

Last edited:
ORIOLES VS. DODGERS (-135)

*I'll start putting the juice for the FAVORED team in parenthesis for each ballclub, from here on out*

The Orioles will travel to Vero Beach on Thursday for their third straight road game, and veteran Steve Trachsel will make his fifth start of the spring against the Dodgers at 1:05 p.m. ET. So far, Trachsel has allowed 22 hits and 11 runs in 11 innings.

DODGERS - Tomko and long shot Joe Mays are scheduled to pitch against Baltimore Thursday, as is Beimel in the first of back-to-back appearances.

MARLINS VS. CARDINALS (-135)

The Marlins are off on Wednesday and resume their Grapefruit League schedule on Thursday by taking on the Cardinals. St. Louis will be the home team for the 1:05 p.m. ET start at Roger Dean Stadium. Dontrelle Willis gets the nod for Florida, while Chris Carpenter starts for St. Louis.

CARDS - With 10 days remaining before Opening Day, the Cardinals and Marlins will send out their starters for the opener on Thursday. Carpenter will take the ball for St. Louis against Florida's Dontrelle Willis in an enticing matchup at 12:05 p.m. CT.

YANKEES (-125) VS. REDS

After their only off-day of the spring, the Yankees travel to Sarasota, Fla., on Thursday to see the Reds, facing off at 1:05 p.m. ET. Right-hander Carl Pavano (0-1, 5.63 ERA) is scheduled to start for New York, with right-hander Kyle Lohse (1-0, 1.59 ERA) going for Cincinnati.

*I LOVE Kyle Lohse...I've just always been a fan of his, I WILL be on Reds here as I feel this is a GREAT spot*

SportsNut, let me know what you think

Last edited:
METS VS. BRAVES (-125)

Competing to earn a spot in the Mets' rotation, right-hander Aaron Sele takes the hill this afternoon at 1:05 ET against the Braves in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.

Right-hander Kyle Davies gets the nod for the Braves

*slight lean Braves

PIRATES VS. BLUE JAYS (-130)

Unless this game is being played in Toronto, then I have no idea why they're -130 favorites...oh wait...

ITS ROY FREAKIN HALLADAY VS. TONY ARAMAS JR.

lol...I'm already on Toronto

DIAMONDBACKS VS. GIANTS (-125)

*I'm getting tired so I'll just be posting starting pitching matchups, I don't have time to go through the notes and whatnot*

Brandon Webb (DBacks) vs. Matt Morris (Giants)

Following Webb is Dana Eveland

CUBS VS. PADRES (-120)

MADDUX (Padres) VS. PRIOR (Cubs)

^^ This will be interesting to watch...

ROYALS VS. ATHLETICS (-130)

Jorge De La Rosa will start for the Royals on Thursday in a 3:05 p.m. CT rematch against the A's, who will start Joe Kennedy.

*lean Royals

MARINERS VS. WHITE SOX (-130)

Lefty Horacio Ramirez takes the hill at 1:05 p.m. PT with his 1.50 ERA and will face Jose Contreras, who is looking for his first win of the spring.

*playing Mariners

RANGERS VS. ANGELS (-130)

Right-hander Hector Carrasco, a candidate along with Dustin Moseley for the No. 5 spot in the rotation temporarily vacated by Colon, makes his fifth Cactus League start on Thursday against Texas at Tempe Diablo Stadium. Carrasco, 1-0 with a 2.03 ERA in four impressive spring outings, will face Rangers right-hander Kameron Loe.

INDIANS VS. TIGERS (-130)

The Tigers will have their only scheduled team off-day of the spring on Wednesday. They'll resume play on Thursday with their only home night game of Spring Training, a 6:05 p.m. ET matchup with the Indians at Joker Marchant Stadium. Jeremy Bonderman will make the start opposite Fausto Carmona for Cleveland, which also has an off-day Wednesday.

TWINS (-130) VS. DEVIL RAYS

Boof Bonser (Twins) vs. Casey Fossum (DRays)

Lean....Twins?

Can D-Rays win 3 in a row?!?!

NATIONALS VS. ASTROS (-155)

The Nationals travel to Kissimmee, Fla., to play the Astros on Thursday at 7:05 p.m. ET. Jerome Williams will face Houston left-hander Nate Robertson.

PLAYS: Reds, Braves, Blue Jays, Angels and Mariners

BOL tomorrow everyone, might be around later on in the day

Oh, and I love the Royals, but they're not locked in yet...consider it an unposted play ;)

YANKEES (-125) VS. REDS

After their only off-day of the spring, the Yankees travel to Sarasota, Fla., on Thursday to see the Reds, facing off at 1:05 p.m. ET. Right-hander Carl Pavano (0-1, 5.63 ERA) is scheduled to start for New York, with right-hander Kyle Lohse (1-0, 1.59 ERA) going for Cincinnati.

*I LOVE Kyle Lohse...I've just always been a fan of his, I WILL be on Reds here as I feel this is a GREAT spot*

SportsNut, let me know what you think

too bad there isn't an over to play, lol

Okay I managed to lose my last 4 posted plays yesterday in the late innings everytime! Naturally the way it works is I loved TB last nite but was disgusted and didnt post it of course it wins...so who knows...
(YTD:3-7 -7.25 units(I think))

Phillies -115 {2.5 units} TIED

Feel that Boston traveled light despite Wake and papelbon pitching.

Reds +115 {2units} +2.30

Hate fading my Yanks but Cincy has played well all spring and has a solid pitching lineup today. The Yanks have seemed to struggle away and win at home of late

Braves -125 {3units} +3.00

LAD -135 {2.5 units} -3.37 (8-0 that was close!)

Third straight away game

STL & Tor ML Parlay both -145 should pay 185{1 unit} -1.00

BOL

Last edited:
Any more 4PM info ??

Arizona DBacks +105 {4units}

Mar. 18 - 11:18 am et
right_corner_player_news.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif

Matt Morris gave up two runs on three hits in the first inning Saturday, but then bounced back with four shutout against the Brewers' Single-A team.
"He just didn't look well," pitching coach Dave Righetti said. "He won't make excuses ... so I'll make 'em for him because he's a pro." Morris has allowed 12 earned runs in 6 2/3 Cactus League innings, but Righetti cited the 15 to 18 pounds Morris lost because of the flu.

Webb isnt much better missing a start because of a sore neck but he has pitched okay when he threw. If Dana Eveland follows up that is a LH pitching well battling for a spot.

Padres -115 {4units}

Facing Double-A hitters, Mark Prior allowed one hit and struck out four in four scoreless innings on Friday.

He did walk two and hit a batter, but it was a small step forward anyway. He hit 90 mph on the gun for maybe the first time this spring, though he was typically clocked at 85-88 mph with his fastball. Also, he got his curve over more often. "[My command] was better," Prior said. "I threw a lot of [breaking pitches] for strikes. That was the goal, to locate it a little better." The Cubs will wait to see how Prior feels tomorrow before scheduling his next outing. If he's slated to work in another minor league game, it'd be a strong sign that the Cubs have no intention of carrying him on the active roster to begin the season.

On top of this you have Maddux facing the Cubbies.

Royals +115 {2.5 units}

Joe Kennedy's brutal spring continued, as he was pounded for nine runs in 2 1/3 innings by the Brewers on Saturday.

Kennedy has given up an incredible 31 hits in 9 2/3 innings. Most pitchers probably couldn't pull that off if they tried. The A's can't possibly go with Kennedy as their fifth starter unless he turns this around quickly. They may have to pluck a Shawn Chacon or a Chan Ho Park off the scrap heap later this month.

Revenge for KC here ...I hope. I though Oak used some better arms yesterday then KC did.

Brewers -120 {4units}

Really feel that COL traveled lightily here. No Helton .Atkins (but Jeff Baker) , Hawpe or Holliday

White Sox -130 {2.5 units}

Really about Contreras with both starting lineups in.

Brewers -120 {4units}

Really feel that COL traveled lightily here. No Helton .Atkins (but Jeff Baker) , Hawpe or Holliday

White Sox -130 {2.5 units}

Really about Contreras with both starting lineups in.

Also is Schilling not the biggest dick in the world for letting it be known that Boston would use Papelbon as the closer . Just shows how he needs to feel enpowered and in control. That idiot was one of my fav pitchers as well.

Well Brewers and cubs have been RAINED OUT!

Pending:
Dbacks +105 {4units} +4.20
SD -120(not -115) {4units} +4.00
Royals +115 {2.5 units}RAIN PPD
WSox -130 {2.5 units} -3.25
LAA -130 {1unit} RAIN PPD
Brewers -120 {4units} RAIN PPD

Last edited:
Now LAA is rained out and the Contreras play got FUCKED due to RAIN. However I did get SD 1-0 after 5 innings..

Three pending so far not so bad :

6-3 +10.66 units & 0-1 -1.00 ML parlays(plus 3 PPD and a TIE)

Devil Rays +110 {2.5 units} +2.75
Nationals +135 {1.5 units} Win +2.03
Indians +110 {1unit} Loss -1.00

Last edited:
I have NO LUCK its astonishing! Get a break with Cle earlier tying the game in DET but they immediately allow a run to lose in the B9. Now TB ties it the 8th when it had bases loaded NO out and managed 1 run only to allow a run in the top of the 10th.....

Thank You TB!!!!!!! with 2 runs in the Bottom of the 10 th! Twinkies 4 Errors dont deserve to win even in the XHB season!

I love how you bet a bunch of MLB games to get away from the NBA and it still has you all stressed out.

YTD 9-10 +3.41 units( 1 unposted play hit TB 3x @ +145)
ML Parlay 0-1 -1.00 units

Keep it up Capt Slap ur very helpful to me

Solid day today SportsNut

Amazing, I went 4-0-1 but put all those winnings on Tennessee ML

I was having the time of my life when Tenn was up 20, I thought I was going to turn in over a 1,500 profit in 2 nights (which is unbelievably huge for me, normal bets are 55 to win 50)

But oh well, what you gonna do? On a nice 12-3 run...plays just seem to keep rolling, I'll be posting Friday info in a minute

Back