Info for Friday bases...*BRAVES @ PHILLIES 1pm EST - ESPN*...

Capt. Slap

1st year apprentice of Sammy
On a nice 12-3 run since I started posting this info and going in-depth...lets hope this run keeps up (even though I think me and SportsNut are the only ones here betting the games lol)

Anyways...like I always say, ONTO THE GAMES!

ATLANTA VS. (-120) PHILADELPHIA (ESPN, 1pm)

BRAVES - The Braves will send Kyle Davies to the mound for Friday afternon's game agaisnt the Phillies in Clearwater, Fla., at 1:05 ET.

PHILLIES - J.A. Happ will face the Braves at Bright House Networks Field at 1:05 p.m. ET on Friday. Brett Myers remains in line to open the regular season against Atlanta on April 2, so he'll pitch in a Minor League game at the Carpenter Complex.

Who is JA Happ? I might be on the Braves once I see the lineups

ORIOLES VS. RED SOX (-135)

ORIOLES - The Orioles will travel to Fort Myers on Friday for a game against the Red Sox at 1:05 p.m. ET. Staff ace Erik Bedard will get the ball for Baltimore, and he'll be matched against Boston's Curt Schilling. So far this spring, Bedard is 2-0 with a 0.64 ERA and more strikeouts (13) than baserunners via hit (eight) and walk (three) combined.

RED SOX - Schilling will face an American League East team for the first time this spring, when he starts Friday's home game against the Orioles. Baltimore counters with lefty Erik Bedard. First pitch is scheduled for 1:05 p.m. ET.

I expect Schilling to give up about 3 or 4 runs..I'm not sure if the O's are bringing all their bats, but who cares..the regulars have sucked lately anyways

I'm on the Orioles

DETROIT (-125) VS. NATIONALS

DETROIT - Nate Robertson, 2-0 with an 0.73 ERA, faces John Patterson.

NATIONALS - The Nationals return to Space Coast Stadium on Friday at 1:05 p.m. ET to face the Tigers for the second time this spring. The last time they met was on March 15, with Detroit blanking Washington, 2-0, in Viera. John Patterson will oppose Tigers left-hander Nate Robertson.

DODGERS VS. MARLINS (-115)

DODGERS - Derek Lowe starts and Joe Beimel will pitch on consecutive days for the first time this spring when the Dodgers travel to Jupiter to play the Marlins on Friday.

MARLINS - The Marlins take on the Dodgers at Roger Dean Stadium on Friday at 1:05 p.m. ET. Anibal Sanchez (2-0, 1.46 ERA) goes for his third spring win, while Los Angeles is going with Derek Lowe (0-2, 2.51 ERA).

I'm on the Marlins already, I look for another superb start from Anibal

YANKEES (-135) VS. PIRATES

YANKEES - The Yankees will make their way to Bradenton, Fla., this afternoon to take on the Pirates in a 1:05 ET contest. Listen live as Darrell Rasner makes his spring start opposite former Yankee Shawn Chacon.

PIRATES - Pittsburgh returns home to face the Yankees in a 1:05 p.m. ET matchup on Friday. Right-hander Shawn Chacon will make his fourth spring start for the Pirates, replacing Opening Day starter Zach Duke, who will instead throw at the Minor League complex. Following Chacon will be Shane Youman and Josh Sharpless. New York will give righty Darrell Rasner the ball.

I'm on Pirates in this one...I expect Chacon to go out and pitch well against his former team, and Sharpless will pitch well...I'm just hoping Youman is only in there for an inning

BLUE JAYS VS. TWINS

All you need to know is that it's Johan Santana vs. Gustavo Chacin...I know this is only Spring Training, but this is the cheapest you'll get Santana all year lol

I'm on the Blue Jays

Sorry guys, unfortunately I cant post any more info...my mouse just broke (fucking bullshit) so I can't copy and paste any of the info

Anyways, I posted all the games I'm playing anyways (for the early timeslots)

Recap: Braves, Orioles, Marlins, Pirates and Twins

Early today going lite cause I wont be around:

Phillies -120 {1unit} -1.20
Orioles +115 {1unit}-1.00
Nats +105 {1unit} +1.05
LAD +100 {1unit} +1.00
NYM -125 {2.5 units} +2.50
Twins -130 {2units} -2.60

3-3 -0.25 units

Last edited:
Things looking EXCELLENT early (but, it's early)

Twins up 4-1
Florida up 2-0
Atlanta up 2-0
Bal tied 0-0
Pirates tied 0-0

Well, I thought things were going well until Florida gave up 5 runs in the 5th

5-2 in the Fla game :(

YEAAAAAA BOIIIIIII Tony Penaaaa with the HR

4-1 Braves Top 7th

2-1 Orioles Bottom 6th

5-2 Dodgers Bottom 6th (c'mon Marlins)

1-1 Top 6th in the Yanks/Pirates game

5-2 Twins in the Top 6th

wow, didnt see your post earlier, but i just opened it and saw i was on the same games as you except for Toronto.......Atlanta, Baltimore, Pitt

Let's get em man:spank:

The play on made on Philly was pure contrarian and pure stupidty. Actually cut my LAD and Nats plays in half as well. Twinkies are huge cause of price....

Rockies -125 {4units} Win

Its basically 2 kids Danks and Floyd both solid prospects battling for a rotation spot. Both have been inconsistent and I see CWS is somewhat light lineup wise where Col sports an entire lineup above .360 and throws Aaron Cook. Cook threw 5+ shutout innings vs SFG last time out..

John Danks was credited with a victory despite giving up six runs in 3 2/3 innings Sunday against the Padres.

Adrian Gonzalez and Russell Branyan homered off him. Gavin Floyd replaced Danks in the fourth and did solid work over 4 1/3 innings, perhaps costing Danks most of his lead in the competition for a rotation spot. Danks still has the edge in ERA (5.68 to 6.43) and a far more impressive 10/1 K/BB ratio, but he rates well behind Floyd in experience, something that could be a factor if the race goes down to the wire.

Also add:

Oakland A's -125 {2units} Pending (tied)

Last edited:
Eh, seems like the O's have fallen apart

Scores I got right now

Orioles tied 2-2 in the 9th
Braves up 7-1 or some shit in the 9th...thats a winner
Twins tied with Blue Jays 5-5 in bottom 8th
Pirates up 3-2 in bottom 8th $$$$
Marlins down 6-2 in 9th :(

Good shit btw Hawaii...looks like Toronto/Twins is gonna be a push

Sports, I like the Colorado play...but I can't get a feel for the A's after their rainout last night...I lean Padres, but won't be playing any of the games

San Diego ABRHRBIBBSOLOBAVG
Sledge, LF0000000.277
Cruz, J, RF0000000.276
Walker, 2B0000000.212
Cameron, M, CF0000000.200
Kouzmanoff, 3B0000000.333
Blum, 1B0000000.357
Branyan, DH0000000.182
Bowen, C0000000.267
Robles, SS0000000.280

Never been a big fan of Germano and I believe he was just claimed by SD off of waivers from the Phillies. If he cant crack Phillys pen then I have to think he hasnt thrown that well....Like Oak spoting its regs who have 6+ above 310+ ....and Haren on the hill for Oak

I can't believe fucking Twins are going to lose

SportsNut, BOL...like I said I won't be betting, but gun to my head I'd take Padres

With that being said, I hope Oakland wins 10-0

add:

Cubs -130 {3units}

Think ChiC is stacked to hit LHP today with Murton in the 2 hole. take a struggling Lowry with SFG minus some starters notably the man Barry Bonds. So-So pen for SFG and they face Carlos Zambrano

Philly stilll alive and jays are at least throwing scrubs...

Dont worry Capt I was just wondering what the hell you saw in SD...

add:

Royals +110 {1 unit} PPD with a 4-1 lead!!!:hairout:

Like the KC lineup better it what should be a slugfest. Livan doesnt care about xhibition baseball so he isnt looking for statsical results....I hope..

Darn lost Balt in the B9 which sucks cause Balt and Philly were both trying to be different plays and they lost. ...

Last edited:
I have no rhyme or reason for my plays.......just as long as they are dogs or even money.....i figure shit, it is exhibition......3-1 day, i will take it

add:

LAA -105 {1.5 units} Loss -1.58

Oh well tough Luck at the end...lost some vig in the early session maybe 1/2 unit...would have done better if I saw the lineups..

Last edited:
I have no rhyme or reason for my plays.......just as long as they are dogs or even money.....i figure shit, it is exhibition......3-1 day, i will take it

My reasoning tends to be based on lineups and pitching with the the fade the obvious sprinkled in. Just grinding away to get interested in MLB again. Was +10 units yesterday...so its worth a shot.....Pirates were nice couldnt fade NYY again after the gift win @ Cincy

Hmmm...I'm in class right now trying to post from my phone (not sure it'll work) but my friend updated the scores for me and I see Boston won the B9th, that sucks....and Toronto won late

Looks like 2-3 for me, kinda sucks but whatever, I might have a play late tonight to wash this day out at even

Sports, the reason I like the Padres is because of the recent troubles the A's have been having...I believe they had a long game the other day, and then a rainout last night....I don't know it just seems like a really, really good spot for the Padres....and I expect their bats to get on fire today

We shall see though, I'll be back to check scores and post once I get out of class

Amazing in a blink everything goes bad. KC up 4-1 after 4 gets canceled thats twice that I lost a comfortable lead in 2 days!! Then Sea gets a 7 spot down 2 runs and SD scored 2 to go up 1. At least COL just hung up some runs....

Right now today:

6-4 +7.17 units (counting LAA as an L) & a PPD

Oakland -125 {2units} +2.00
Cubbies -130 {3units}+3.00

Still 3 more to play though...LOL

Last edited:
Astros win 6-2 (+1.65) and TB leading 15-1 bottom of the 8th ( +1.10 ??)

Now 8-4 +9.92

Thinking about Texas here seems there is some bad weather and Milw hung around all day due a B game as well. The uncertain weather left these guys on call so to speak....

Gagne wont be sharped so I just expect alotof offense which leads to texas having the slight edge..

Gonna pass but leaned towards texas just dont pay to -130 at this point in the day

Yesterday : 6-3 +10.66 units & ( 0-1 -1.00 unit ML parlay)

Today : 8-4 +9.92 units

YTD Posted : 17-14 +13.32 units
ML Parlay 0-1 -1.00 units

YTD : 18-14 +17.68 ( didnt post 3units on TB 2 days ago)

Not bad for fake games!

That's exactly what I was thinking about Texas, I've been checking the card today and decided to take the Rangers for a unit. Good job here guys, keep it up.

:cheers:

I would have taken Texas as well. Did well today felt why force it? At this point another unit or 1.5 wont make a drastic difference. More to lose then to gain.....

I am rooting for ya! BOL

Back