IndyCar Genesys 300 Preview Article

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Let’s Welcome Back IndyCar With A Winning Wager

IndyCar Genesys 300
Saturday, June 6, 2020 at 8 p.m. ET on NBC at Texas Motor Speedway

IndyCar Finally Begins

Due to the panic surrounding COVID-19, IndyCar was not able to begin its season, which was initially scheduled to start on March 15.

On March 15, the first scheduled race was the Genesys 300 at the Texas Motor Speedway.

Now that IndyCar can begin, we’ll get to see this event on Saturday. it will be broadcast on NBC.

New To IndyCar?

The absence of certain sports has allowed us an opportunity to explore different sports for more betting opportunities.

In case you’ve become familiar with NASCAR, IndyCar is, of course, also a racing sport. But IndyCar is different in some respects.

We can’t handicap IndyCar without understanding in what way it is different from NASCAR.

If you are already an expert on IndyCar, feel free to skip to the next appropriate section.

How Is IndyCar Different?

You can immediately tell that IndyCar is different by looking at the drivers’ cars.

In NASCAR, the cars are significantly bigger and heavier.

Because they weigh about twice as many pounds as IndyCar Series cars, they are not as fast.

Average speed depends on the track.

But the fastest NASCAR Cup Series car speed — at around 200 mph — will be around 25-30 mph slower than the average IndyCar Series car.

IndyCar Takeaways

In addition to weight and average speed, the type of engine used and the body of the car reflect the different kind of racing demanded by IndyCar competition.

NASCAR cars are built to take a beating in that their body material makes them more resistant to impact.

In contrast, IndyCars are more focused on speed.

The IndyCar driver has it harder than his NASCAR counterpart in two respects: one, he's notoriously less protected.

Two, because his car lacks material resistance and weight and bulk, an IndyCar driver is more subject to environmental conditions like wind speed and direction.

Because environmental conditions make a greater difference, more is at stake for the driver to correctly identify the times when he should turn and break.

Genesys 300 Race Info

Contrary to what was initially planned for March 15, the June 6 rendition of the Genesys 300 will encompass every scheduled component within one day.

Practice and qualifications will happen from 1-5 p.m. ET before the race begins a few hours later.

Because everything will happen in one day, the race length has been adjusted to 200 laps.

The track itself is oval-shaped, about 1.5-mile long, and contains pretty high banks.

Key Betting Factor

It is important to note that the condensed schedule gives drivers fewer days and fewer overall time to prepare themselves on the track.

This lack of time is more likely to be devastating for rookies who lack prior experience to rely on.

Moreover, the Texas Motor Speedway does not offer an easy track to navigate.

With so much time off and less preparation time, it seems increasingly unlikely that drivers who have not earned a positive history at this track will, all of a sudden, learn to to do well here.

Plus, the shorter race gives (newer and less accomplished) drivers less time to figure things out.

Given these details, I think track history will play a uniquely important role,

Tony Kanaan

The man who I will be betting on to win is Tony Kanaan.

Tony Kanaan has the best mix of racing experience and success at this track.

Saturday will witness his 21st career race at the Texas Motor Speedway. So the time off seems less likely to bother him.

He’ll be reunited with his trusted 7-Eleven car in which he has accumulated 14 of his 17 career IndyCar wins.

The Texas Motor Speedway is also a reliable venue for him as he has won there before and earned runner-up position five times.

Best Bet: Tony Kanaan To Win (Odds TBA)

I did my job, I offered my best opinion. To be clear with you guys, I don't think i'll personally be betting on this unless somebody here can come here and help me make a good case for something. I am extremely new to IndyCar and I don't think I even knew a driver before I started looking into this.

Last edited:
Back