Indy 500

Early plays….

Helio +4000 (.05) always a threat here but struggling badly

Sato +2000 (.05) same as above and as I posted a while back he’s in the best ride ever here. He’s in a rocket and that’s where it all starts

Ferrucci +8000 (.01) performs well here and they screwed up and still had numbers up a couple of days ago when I realized he had a better car than I thought.

I’ll post record for the season in a bit

Ilotts car is so bad they started changing out the whole chassis yesterday. Some wonder if he’ll even be ready for Q today, but guarantee he will.

Rahal cars are still off, they’re on our fade watch list on matchups. Harvey blew his engine yesterday too. I will say Legge has been pretty damn decent considering how long it’s been since she’s been in the cockpit.

Think Ganassi has the edge, then Penske, then McLaren.

I’ll ramble more, just been busy but I have been keeping up with everything this week.

Dixon had to shut his car down late yesterday. I’ll see what happened with that. It rained hard yesterday after the session, so the rubber they’ve laid down is gonna be gone. Clean track. The good thing is the weather is going to be conducive to high speeds today. Is going to be windy tho. Since the changes they allowed to the cars in Texas, this is going to be an awesome race. I don’t feel optimistic about that, I think it’s guaranteed. I also think it’s wide open for at least ten cars to find the checkers. Obviously anyone can win with a funny yellow and/or a fuel economy race (Rossi 2016). Pretty sure Honda will still have the better fuel mileage and I’m guessing that prop will be -140ish over Chevy no matter what happens in Q.

One thing to remember in this race for matchups is to look for one of the big 3 teams versus the others is pit stops times. Let’s say you just do 1.5 seconds better per, well 5 stops is 7.5 seconds. That’s a freekin ton of time to make up on the track. Doubt we see many of those matchups but one can hope.

Monday practice. Legge ran over Wilson and Wilson is out of the race with a fractured vertebrae. Rahal back in the race. Lot of people giving Legge hell but I don’t think it was all her fault.

999BA1E1-89AE-40AE-B816-0FF99F10545A.jpeg

As of now, there’s not a single matchup of anyone starting in the top 10. Certainly they’ll add some more.

Grosjean-125 Helio

RHR -115 Pags

Enerson -115 Legge

Group A winner- Canapino +250 (.50) ….Sting Ray, Legge and Enerson

Veekay is in a rocket and always qualifies well here and then shits the bed. Pass.

TK is +1800 ? I just put .05 on him. Thought he would be in the 10-1 range.

Guess you could take Ed or Daly as a long shot, but I’m not feeling it. Might have a few more, just depends if they get their head out of their ass.

Legge and Rahal are going to get a 15 minute session tomorrow to shake down their cars before carb day on Friday. Lord knows I give Indycar control grief, but good call on them for this.

Only thing I’ve found so far is Ferrucci said his engine wasn’t right. If deemed an an “unapproved “ engine change, a penalty will be incurred at the next race at Detroit. So, in theory, no big deal. Really don’t won’t to tinker with a rocket, but also fortunate for it to happen during the last two hour window before the race.

Last two sessions after Q that Veekay has been dead last. Hard for me to envision Ilott finishing this race. They’ve thrown everything they can at it and it’s a shit bucket.

And wrap your mind around what Canapino has done during the month of May. True rookie with 4 career Indycar starts under his belt, never piled it up, never even kissed a wall, and 6th on the charts today. I don’t care that most are taking it easy today, still beyond noteworthy.

Ramble more later. Happy Friday and cheers.

Reactions: KJ
GL today.

I played these just because I am gonna watch it:

1 unit:
Sato -115 over Rosenqvist (Bovada)
RHR +110 over Pagenaud (Bovada)

$20 on Sato to win at +1000 (Bovada)

Last edited:
GL today.

I played these just because I am gonna watch it:

1 unit:
Sato -115 over Rosenqvist (Bovada)
RHR +110 over Pagenaud

$20 on Sato to win at +1000

I like em. Gonna see how my big card works out before I play the 600. I’m liking Harvick to do well today. Can’t wait to see Larson here next year. That will be fun.

I like em. Gonna see how my big card works out before I play the 600. I’m liking Harvick to do well today. Can’t wait to see Larson here next year. That will be fun.
This is a tricky race to bet whenever they run it, today or tomorrow. The only race there in the new car was one race last year that was a wreckfest which is unusual for the 600.

I will be on Harvick in some matchups. With rain canceling qualifying yesterday, he starts 2nd, which is way higher than he usually qualifies. Usually, he starts mid-pack and slowly and methodically comes toward the front. Longer races with longer runs should favor Harvick. I will probably be on him versus Logano and maybe Blaney. Harvick is also around -120 for a Top 10 which I may play.

Has anyone ever hit the inside pit wall when leaving their pit and running by themselves in Indycar before?

Has anyone ever hit the inside pit wall when leaving their pit and running by themselves in Indycar before?

Diversity can be dangerous. Honestly it probably has, but I’m not placing in my mind and I’ve seen a ton of them. Helio just made a nice save. Pucker factor there.

Diversity can be dangerous. Honestly it probably has, but I’m not placing in my mind and I’ve seen a ton of them. Helio just made a nice save. Pucker factor there.
I guess I need to take that back now as VK would have hit the inner pit wall if Palou was not there.

This is like the random flag in a Colts/Jags game in the 2nd quarter because no one is awake

Crossed halfway so everyone decides to go fuckin crazy. Think Ilott was 9-1 to lead a lap. Bye bye Veekay on the deserved penalty

Back