Indy 500

captjohn67

Pretty much a regular
9-7 (+3.34) didn’t do great on the crapshoot last time out. Can’t say it wasn’t wild to watch tho. Session one is in the books and seemed rather uneventful. JJ says “we have a really good car”. He did well at Texas so I guess we shall see. Dixon led the chart pretty much all day until Sato posted the flyer.

3A7E0DD6-98DF-4AAF-B932-ABB6355088BF.png

Imagine if Sato pulls off another one. That would be three 500 wins in his seven career wins. I would be speechless. He also was right there with Franchitti one year when he went for an ill advised move late that resulted in a crash and burn. And 3 out of the top 5 today are quite surprising. Penske struggling or working on other things? Still time for others to find their speed. Oh and Grosjean had a code brown moment in turn two but saved it. Haven’t seen it yet but sounds as if it was great driving.

Fast Friday results. They gave them the boost for qualifying prep for tomorrow. Last practice in the morning before qualifying.

043FFF16-F223-4CB3-AA2A-806EC4079EF8.png

Good chance of rain in the afternoon so you really didn’t want to draw a late qualifying run. Then again if you hit the perfect spot with cloud cover and cooler temps, it could be sweet for you. Btw Palou ran a 241.637 in the turn 3 trap. Nice. And Malukas making noise as a rookie. Hope they stay clean tomorrow

Going to be hard to top Veekay’s number now. Track temp was 86 when they started and now it’s 108. Course really all that matters is finding the top 12 for tomorrow . Actually all that matters is not piling her up and get in without destroying your ride

Results. I know Palou will be on my card to win. Let’s see what happens today. Ganassi extremely strong. I’ll have a little on TK as well. He has the car and maybe this place owes him one. Lord knows he should have more than one win here. 4447CDF1-79D7-4A09-A086-B2182E20EF8B.jpeg

Kellett hammered the wall today but is ok. “Just a little sore.” Not to put bad ju ju on the race, but I prefer them to get the wrecking out of the way in practice. It can be so much worse when the track is packed.

B18184DF-23E4-499B-81BA-FD98E9EB4618.jpeg

The car recorded over 100g’s and the safety crew was there 8 seconds after the car stopped. That’s called top shelf. Hard not to like a Ganassi car but I won’t be on Dixon to win. He should probably have a handful of baby Borg’s but this place just doesn’t smile on him. Other than the day he didn’t die when he landed on the inside wall upside down behind his roll bar. So maybe it has been kind to him? I’m exhausted and will ramble one day soon. Draft kings….

72C916CE-1F71-4E68-B9AC-5F3DE9945437.jpeg

Palou +650

TK +2000

TK -115 Ed…. Just think Ed found his qualifying trim and have my doubts about him on the long haul versus a Ganassi ride. Mulling over a few more

Starting grid position of race winner— Under 9.5 -125. Hate that I don’t get Sato and Power but this has hit in 16 of the past 26. I’m also looking to fade Grosjean if possible. He’s been on the edge a couple of times in practice and his aggressive nature will bite him.

Rossi -120 Helio. Would take a miracle for the 4 time winner to be a contender this year. They just couldn’t find the speed this year. No brainer play even if it doesn’t come home

Carb day is when you fine tune your pit in and out times, run a full load of fuel for mileage and see your true race pace, run a splash and go to see if your car can get the fuel mileage needed like a Rossi instance in 2016 etc. He gets to keep his spot on the grid btw, but ffs you don’t do this. Good lord they’re a different breed

Ferrucci put Malukis in the wall and got penalized for the session. Dixon left the pits and banged up one of his pit crew (not Dixons fault) and TK kept flying under the radar in one of the Ganassi rocket ships and posted the best time of the day (gotta like that). None of the craziness resulted in serious injuries thankfully . I’ll dig deeper in the morning

B19F396F-22D7-4542-AD71-AA29CC248749.jpeg

Im not sure how we don’t have a play on Sato whether it be a matchup or to win. Hell he’s the first in line other than a Ganassi right? Im thinking Power is the Penske bullet if your wanting to pull a trigger on that stable of horses. Anyway, enjoy your happy hour

Karam Has been consistently fast in practice but a bad qualifying put him back in the field. Finished seventh last year. Any thoughts?

Herta passed the initial protocol but will be reassessed tomorrow. He’ll pass that but now he’s on the potential fade list for the obvious reasons. He’s in his backup which will in no way be dialed in, and that’s not exactly the last memory you want before the insanity starts. In his previous 3 starts here he’s qualified 2,5 and 10 with an 8th as a best result. Shook and feeling snakebit has gotta be tough even for a fearless youngster

And 13 seconds on that one for the safety crew to arrive after he stopped. You can actually see them in the video. They saved Hinch’s life for damn sure here and deserve more love than most give them.

Karam Has been consistently fast in practice but a bad qualifying put him back in the field. Finished seventh last year. Any thoughts?

I think he’s definitely matchup worthy as he’ll certainly be listed in the lower tier guys. But I haven’t seen one . He had a bad reputation ( maybe deservedly so? ) in the beginning of his career and then his wreck in pocono claimed Justin Wilson life which he ended up getting treatment for. It set him back but he has matured and he actually drives well here. I honestly think you’d be wasting money on a win unless it’s a funny yellow or a fuel mileage race. But hell yes if we can find a matchup. Hildebrand too on the lower tier guys as well.

The Andretti team asked for a one lap install check on Herta’s replacement car and was denied. At one point in time they would allow it but I can’t honestly tell you when that was. The first stint is going to be interesting for lack of a better word. Still don’t see him matched up

Sato just seems overvalued in his matchups so I’m done. Main thing is for everyone to stay safe. Money is just money. Bout to pop my first one. Hope everyone has a winning day. Cheers and GLTA

Palous race goes to shit because of a rookie and prolly 150 yards. Thats a damn bummer there.
Is he done after the penalty for pitting when pit road was closed or will he have a chance to come through the field if there are more cautions?

He is +1000 live
Dixon is +150

Is he done after the penalty for pitting when pit road was closed or will he have a chance to come through the field if there are more cautions?

He is +1000 live
Dixon is +150

He can come back thru but he’s written off unless he gets lucky. Terrible break but that’s racing. I like where TK is sitting and Ericsson and Ed are quietly maintaining. Power acting like a rookie on pit road was baffling. Lotta racing left

He is +1000 live
Dixon is +150

Rossi did it in 2016 from dead last and one time from 25th I think. Fuel mileage race tho.

He can come back thru but he’s written off unless he gets lucky. Terrible break but that’s racing. I like where TK is sitting and Ericsson and Ed are quietly maintaining. Power acting like a rookie on pit road was baffling. Lotta racing left
Yeah, I should have bet TK live at +1600 during the last caution.

Outright​

• Scott Dixon+125
  • Pato O'Ward+250
  • Conor Daly+700
  • Marcus Ericsson+1200
  • Tony Kanaan+1200
  • Felix Rosenqvist+1600
  • Ed Carpenter+1800
  • Santino Ferrucci+2000
  • Scott McLaughlin+2000

After the pit stops:

Outright​