Indy 500

captjohn67

Pretty much a regular
Starting this thread early because surprisingly they have numbers up

Kanaan +850 (.40).... 7 top 5's in 15 efforts with the one win and driving a Honda make this a no brainer and think it will be +500 come race day. The interview with him in Phoenix and him grinning from ear to ear when talking about testing there earlier this year made it easy to pull the trigger. His legacy is already complete, but this will be the cherry on top

Hildebrand +4750 (.03) last few years he's done really well here and my favorite dark horse. Maybe the racing gods smile on him and he can quit answering questions about 2011. This will be the best car he's ever been in btw

i have to abandon Munoz this year because of Foyt racing even tho he he always is blistering here. Sadly he may never have the shot that he did with Andretti the past few years

Karam +17500 (.01)....the man is always fast on ovals period. He's back with DRR so familiarity will help. His rookie year he finished 9th after starting 31st and last year he was running 4th about halfway thru after starting 23rd before his typical boneheaded mistake took him out ( he's Sato's brother from another mother). In 1966 only 7 cars were running at the finish and that might be necessary for this to come home, but a +10000 came home last year. Practice starts today so all is right in the world. Will update periodically with relevant and irrelevant tidbits as warranted the next two weeks.

Haaa. Stressed

no doubt. He's taking to the brickyard like a duck takes to water. Still early tho. Didn't watch a minute of the action today but Hinch had an electrical issue, Power ran laps at pace car speed to dial in on fuel mileage under yellow and sounds like Marco shook down Harvey's ride before he completed ROP. Hope to be day drinking tomorrow and streaming to get a better feel. Day 2

View attachment 42587

That's four blown Honda engines in six days when Bourdais let go today. He was quoted as saying " that engine was almost new". The word is that they are failing in a particular RPM range. Not good obviously. Lazier managed to find the track today and has a single lap under his belt for the week. Now it's time for rain to be in the mix

Did you get to day drink today?

Nah, my company canceled on me but I'll knock back some today watching the auburn and jax st ladies play. The forecast looks better for qualifying so keep your fingers crossed. They have the numbers back up and I'm surprised TK is up to +1150 and still recommend that one. I also put a penny on Jay Howard at 250-1 because he has been fast and maybe he'll pull a Rossi this year. Looks like I forgot to post driver stats so

http://racing-reference.info/trackdet/048/O/0

Can't say I have a great feel for this right now just because practice hasn't been consistent as years past and I think the big 3 teams weren't showing all their cards. I'm also really concerned about the honda reliability issues, as in I don't know what the hell to do. Honda asked the teams to not run a ton of laps but what the hell sense does that make when some of them werent high mileage engines?? Let's see what happens going forward and hopefully we'll figure it out.

Looks like rain ending early so they should get the field set. Does look like 10-20 mph winds so another challenging day ahead

Can't say I have a great feel for this right now just because practice hasn't been consistent as years past and I think the big 3 teams weren't showing all their cards. I'm also really concerned about the honda reliability issues, as in I don't know what the hell to do. Honda asked the teams to not run a ton of laps but what the hell sense does that make when some of them werent high mileage engines?? Let's see what happens going forward and hopefully we'll figure it out.
Yea That doesn't make any sense at all about Honda asking not to run a lot. They either know something or hiding something lol

Yea That doesn't make any sense at all about Honda asking not to run a lot. They either know something or hiding something lol

I honestly don't think they know what the problem is but pure speculation on my part. When I saw the wreck live I thought he had shattered his lower legs but the tub held up but it sounds like the right side of it was compressed in to some degree. I know he doesn't feel lucky this morning but he will one day.

Added Sato +3300 (.03} as my last future. Hope they keep it clean today but if they get more rain this morning it'll be a green track all over again.

Aaaand another Honda is billowing smoke (Alonso) Was smoking in the garage when they cranked her up. I might set a total for how many hondas finish 500 miles just for fun.

sounds like the Bourdais surgery went well so we'll take that

"Go grab one of our lawnmower or pressure washer engines and slap it in here"

its amazing they can change out an engine in 1.5 hours now, unreal. Waiting on matchups now and I'll ramble more then. I will say that with a Sato in 4th and Karam in 21st we can take out almost the entire freaking field in the first few laps.

View attachment 42632

So yesterday Dixon wins pole with the second fastest time ever. Then he has to carry a daughter to the hospital to get a bead removed after she shoved it up her nose. Then he, his wife and Dario get robbed at gunpoint at a fucking Taco Bell. I'd say that's a day he's not going to forget. I will have to consult with the tarot cards to see what this means for his race. Patiently waiting on numbers

http://fox59.com/2017/05/22/pole-wi...at-gunpoint-in-speedway-taco-bell-drive-thru/

I'm speechless, wow.

DAdewYrW0AAp6Z7

Honda lost another engine today (Servia) but at least four turned over 100 laps. Hinch clearly doesn't have the car he had last year, Kanaan and Dixon made things look easy today and I'm a little concerned with Ed and Hildebrands race trim.

Pippa -115 Veach....first time in my life I've had a bet on her (unit)

Rossi -115 Hinch

Last edited:
I lied about being done with futures, mark me down for a penny on Jones +7100 and Servia +11500. The Rossi +1850 seems really disrespectful for how fast he has been these past two weeks but I'm passing. Still mulling a few of these matchups over in my mind which means I'm probably done. I hope they keep it clean, I respect all these crazy fuckers and never want anyone to get hurt. The greatest spectacle should be wide open this year. Cheers.

Wide open. I like it. I am gonna tail on a few of your futures for sure.

i truly think it is. I probably have too many hondas in the futures but they're tiny bets and everyone (almost anyways, Alonso being a known exception) is getting a new engine before carb day so we'll just keep our fingers crossed. Wish it was tomorrow. :cheers3:

Carpenter +225 Alonso....just a stupid stupid number. I have no idea where they got this from and it would be 2 units if I trusted Ed anymore but I don't. But I'll back him at this price. Weather looking iffy

good stuff Capt, will be looking for any more info you have on race day
best of luck on your plays

Thank you sir, think I'm done. If you choose to believe what some are saying in the track forum, they're describing the Honda engine issue as a fatal flaw and they'll have new engines before the nextt race. Have no idea if that's true but the Honda -235/ Chevy +195 is certainly intriguing. Hope you win money (clover)

Go Chevy betting here too and sprinkled out to 6 drivers heavier on Pagenaud and Munoz
O/U for first Honda to blow ? under 50 laps my guess

Back