indy 500

captjohn67

Pretty much a regular
6-12 (-2.54) finally a good effort last week

last year was pretty uneventful for practice and qualifying, not so much this year. Simona catches on fire (that's a pretty large safety worker btw) yesterday.

[video=youtube;UaXeQl8uN50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaXeQl8uN50[/video]

Hildebrand - 43 career starts and only 5 top 5's. Does have the soul crushing 2nd in 2011 and finished 10th last year a mere 3.4704 seconds back. CFH Racing has put in a car this year ( 5th + 8th the past two days) and he is currently 4th today. I will probably nibble on a +3000 or better but am more interested to see who they match him with to be honest.

Marco - mired in 13th in the point standings but he always brings it in the month of May. Running 2nd fastest today and has 4 top 3's in his 9 trips. I predict there will be no value in him to win ( +600ish)
but look forward to his matchups as well.

Townsend Bell - only 3 top 10's in his 8 trips, but damn almighty i can't forget him driving the piss out of the car last year. He was running 2nd last year with 20 laps to go (think he was +8000ish btw)
before a [video=youtube;sHrwd0BbQGk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHrwd0BbQGk[/video] I think he could find a top 10 this year.

Wilson - solid first two days of practice and has 3 top 7's in 7 attempts. Not a fan of him on ovals even if they throw a crazy number up. He is in an Andretti car though, so i reserve the right to
change my mind.

I think I'll be at a beer festival in Denver during the race, but I fully intend to tail a couple of your favorites. Looking forward to seeing what you have as the race gets closer.

Crazy ride. Could have been horrible.

no doubt. I always think of Kenny Brack (and Conway as well) once a car gets airborne. I still don't see anything posted at any of my outlets, but the first mandatory play is Bell if he is around the 100-1 i'm seeing elsewhere. Everybody on this board should put at least 5 bucks on that horse. It will be interesting to see how Helio responds after that ride. He had let everyone know on day two that he was going to be a force to be reckoned with. The trip to Denver sounds right up my alley, have fun and i'll do the best i can, i promise you that. I'll ramble on some thoughts later when i have some time. It appears that Pippa wanted to add to the carnage this month (below). Also, my little Colombian buddy (Munoz) is the first to find 230.

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/stor...ppa-mann-uninjured-in-hard-crash-video-051315

bell +10000 (.05)
rahal +5000 (.03) i know he hasn't found his speed yet, but with his current form this year and my belief he will find his speed, why the hell not
munoz +2300 (.05) sitting in a damn rocket....should make it more

always appreciate the good luck Schrute (handshake)

so late yesterday Newgarden does his best Helio impersonation...just a bruised hand and ego

[video=youtube;-e1_R0bHDuA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e1_R0bHDuA[/video]

Dixon - has the most career wins of anyone in the field and is running just fine. He has 5 top 5's in his 12 trips and amazingly has led laps in 9 of the 12 (350 laps led is best also). It seems like he should have
more than than the one win, but indy can be a bitch.

While it's on my mind, i think it's impt to state what Michael Andretti said the other day..."It's going to be a different race than in the past. The last couple of years there was a lot of drafting and passing. Even if you were leading, you weren't going to be able to keep that car behind you. Now if you're in the lead, you are going to be able to keep that car behind you. You can steal the air of the other guy now. It's sort of back to the way the car was pre 2012. If people are expecting 50 passes in the race, it's not going to happen." So, does this make qualifying more impt? One would think so. And as mentioned last year, since the year 2000, seven of the fourteen winners have come from the front row (and approx 43% for the entire history of the race). So tread lightly on your longshots.

Power - sitting 2nd in the points, won last weekend, and is still searching for an indy win. His best finish ever here was a 5th, and that is his only top 5 in 7 efforts. Every year he gets better on
ovals. So is the year he breaks thru? No, no it's not. In fact, i will probably be betting against him in a matchup. My gut tells me he will press too hard and find the wall.

Kanaan - 6th in points and running up near the front in the practice sessions. He has been running at the finish in 10 of his 13 trips, and six of those are top 5's. What's not to like? Well, i don't
like the short +650, but you should be shocked if you don't see me play him in a matchup (as long as it's not juiced to hell)

Montoya - hasn't been as consistent as i thought he would be during the practice sessions, but did wind up 6th yesterday. If not for a screwed up pit stop late in the race last year, there might have been 3
cars in that epic battle for the finish line. He is a master on ovals. If you throw out the 16th place finish at Iowa last year, his avg finish in the other 5 ovals was 3.0. Hello. This is the man i want to play
against Power. Please, please don't let it be more than -130.

Pagenaud - only one top 10 in his 3 trips here, but he was driving like a bat out of hell yesterday. Is he pissed at his bad luck so far this year? He should be, but is that going to matter after 500 miles?
Nope. Hopeful fade on a matchup.

Hinch - take away the lucky win at NOLA , and he only has one top ten. He has only one top 10 in 4 trips here, and was only running at the finish in two. I double dog dare them to put him up against
Kanaan like they have for most of the year. My first born would be riding on that matchup. But that's simply not going to happen, so let's see who they pair him up with and we'll go from there.
It's hard for me to envision me being on him, even if they put him up against a scrub. I don't trust him at all.

thanks Schrute (handshake)

so Carpenter finds the catch fence before qualifying. The powers that be hold some meetings with Chevy and Honda, drop the boost, and you have to go with the same set up in the race that you have in qualifying. None of that makes any sense to me, but I'm used to not agreeing with them. Ed's ride....

[video=youtube;qrRfsKcztH0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrRfsKcztH0[/video]

So after qualifying, Hinch decides it is his turn and ends up with surgery to his upper left thigh. The right front rocker went into his body and had to be removed. The word used to describe the bleeding was "massive". The wreck....

[video=youtube;NlbdpXb3FSg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlbdpXb3FSg[/video]

so where do we stand?? There's a 60% chance of rain and it is reasonable to expect a fair amount of carnage, that where I am with this. I just hope they all make it out alive.

Munoz -115 Carpenter
Hildebrand -115 Newgarden
Sato -125 Hawksworth
Kanaan -130 Montoya

might add something later. Cheers and GLTA.

adding Servia -145 de Silvestro....hard pressed to catch me laying anything over -140, but she won't finish. All I now need is a Rahal. It's a damn shame Karam (+3300) qualified so poorly, he's got a good ride. I doubt we'll see him in matchup tho. Alright, now I'm through.

Dixon -125 Pagenaud...completely understand the Frenchman has a ride...but no sir
Rahal -115 Bourdais... handing out free biscuits like its xmas

clean safe blistering pace :cheers3:

Back