Indians - Red Sox Game 5

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
We're going back to Boston I think.

First of, let me state I have one bet pending here (taken before Game 1):
Cleveland to take series (5 units) 2.62 @ Pinnacle

I am not hedging but simply taking Boston to step up here, even though the price is suggesting Boston will have more backers tonight, as people seem to think "there is no way the Indians win 4 in a row here"...
I don't think they can't win 4 in a row, I think they won't. There is a difference believe it or not. The Red Sox have one shot tonight or it is done.
They'll give the ball to Josh Beckett, who has been stellar so far in the postseason, as opposed to Indians' ace CC Sabathia, who got pounded in Game 1 by Boston bats and didn't look that good against the Yankees either.
Btw, this may be the strangest postseason ever. Not a single close series so far!

All 3 NL series ended in sweeps, both Indians-Yanks and Red Sox-Angels series weren't even close (in term of final scores)...

I have a feeling this one will be closer than it seems now. I know some will say: "C.C gets the job done, pound the home dog here and don't overthink it", but I can't help it, I see this one getting back to Boston, and it only happens if the Sox win tonight. I still think the Indians win the series, as I still rate them a tad bit better than these Sox, from what I've seen so far.

Red Sox ML (Beckett) (1.84 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

Yeah, I'm on this one, too, Satyr.

I'm splitting between the ML and the RL. I think Beckett has a good night tonight.

Good luck.

I have a future on Cleveland to win the AL, but still will be throwing $ on Boston tonight. History tells us that these two pitchers are opposites when it comes to big game play.

Beckett has started 7 post season games, has 3 CGs, and carries a 1.87 playoff ERA into tonight's game in 57+ IP. This year he has only given up 2 ER in 15 IP, though both were against Cleveland. He also has won both outings thus far.

Sabathia, on the other hand, was pitching very well over the last 2 months and then comes into the playoffs and craps his pants. He had terrific command all year, only walking 37 in 241 IP(1 every 6.5 IP). In his first 2 post season games he gave up a combined 11 BB in 9.1 IP, very uncharacteristic of his normal performance. His only other playoff appearance was against SEA in 2001, where he walked 5 in 6 innings. 2 of his 3 playoff games have been at home, so it is hard to justify this abnormal wildness to a hostile environment.

My basic conclusion is that Beckett is a big game pitcher and Sabathia does not have the mental fortitude to keep his emotions in check. Maybe tonight will be his first better than average playoff performance, but my money is on the experienced Sox at a pretty decent price considering that Sabathia has done pretty much nothing thus far in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Francona is the biggest fuck up!!!!

He pitches Wakefield over Beckett in Gm 4 when he knows he would have Beckett back for Gm7. And just now he let's Crisp try to bunt, then tell him to swing away with a 1-2 count!!! Lugo is not a fucking hitter!! Why the fuck would you advance the runners for the bottom of your order??? Fuck Francona!

$$$$$

Happy morning. Beckett's a stud. I do think it may be time to go back on CLE though, because Carmona's a pretty big stud himself.

Back