Independence Day--Rare 6 unit play

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
July, 2-2, but hitting the right ones, plus 2.1 units

Stl Cardinals-- Rare 6 unit play --(3900-3000)

OK. went with Cards and Wellenmyer last night and the Card defense let him down to be honest. Three unearned runs in the 1st changed the entire game.. Card bats were weak also but that actually sets up game 3 of the series pretty well IMO.. We have the Cards at -130. At least that is what I locked in a few minutes ago.

If you have noticed the Cards have been trading wins and losses for some time. So we have them at a decent price with a pitching advantage IMO , at home..

Brad Thomson, P, St louis-
He has been shuffled back and forth between the rotation and bullpen for a few weeks. He is very valuable to the Cards and he gets the start in a key spot. His last two starts have been outstanding, pitching 13 innings and only giving up 3 ER. This kid is a sinker ball pitcher and set the Cardinal minor league record a couple years ago for most consecutive scoreless innings but what does that have to do with his upcoming start. Really nothing but it is an interesting trivia question.

Livian Hernandez, P Ariz-
My goodness, have his last 4 starts been brutal. I had to check the stats twice.. 22 IP, 39 hits (how is that possible) 20 ER's.

I have to be honest. I really thought the Cards would win with Wellenmyer vs callup. Missed it. But after looking at everything, I think this is a much better spot, and at a decent price.. I suspect the price will rise so I locked it in tonight..

Will probably add an afternoon lay or two. Back later..

:cheers:

Will that 6* play be your only selection for today Tee*Dub? :shake:

Actually I just realized that the same team (St. Louis) cost you a heavy play yesterday. Today you're going with them again as the 6* play. You must have a lot of confidence in their starting rotation or has this simply become a 'chase' selection now? :shake:

Actually I just realized that the same team (St. Louis) cost you a heavy play yesterday. Today you're going with them again as the 6* play. You must have a lot of confidence in their starting rotation or has this simply become a 'chase' selection now? :shake:

Naw, not much confidence in Cards rotation but I do like Thomson in this spot. Strange game last night with Cards giving up 3 unearned in 1st. Makes todays game more appealing IMO..

Cards since June 16th have followed up a bad loss with a win 8 out of 9 times.. Some call that chasing, I call that a trend. Cards get battered and come out more focused the next day. I follow trends. To me chasing revolves around money management. I actually won half a unit yesterday and have been on a pretty decent roll, so definately not chasing money.

Another strange trend for the Cards- They have have not lost on the 4th of July since 1999. Obviously I don't use trends like that but I found it interesting..

This is only my 2nd 6 unit play of the year.. My first was LAD over hit in 3rd inning :wacka wacka:) last night.. GL to you..:shake:

adding Phillies for 2 units. Love the kid Hamels.

Final Card:

Cards -130, 6 units, 3900-3000
Phils -130, 2 units, 1300-1000

:smiley_acbe:

Livan Hernandez historically has terrible Junes, but the calendar has turned. IMO, I would stay away from STL, but GL.

Cards did me in last night, so I certainly hope they don't ruin your day. I see they're trailing once again as I submit this post. :down:

This is bad luck. True I won my 2 unit bet on the Cardinals but I Pushed the total. Oh Well:shake:

Tide High- good hit on the Phils. Hammels is special IMO.

Rug rat- Thanks

Everythinggreen- Thanks, I learn much from your posts but please change your avatar. Running out of kleenex.

Joe Bren- Livian pitched well, surprised me. Good call there. Hoiwever his "one flap down" after his HR may have woke up the Cards. But, Livian is back- I will keep these notes for 5 days from now. GL to you.

Clean sweep tonight. +8 units. As they say, stay grounded. I will. Studying tommorows card now.

To be honest I have lurked these forums for years but haven't posted much. I like to stay humble or the gambling gods will bite me. I'll keep posting as I like the roll and the discussion...

Continued success. tw

Back