In the end

Take away the 100 int return and the Steelers never win...

Another Steeler win from freak plays. This one, an all time record that may never be done again.

Take away the 100 int return and the Steelers never win...

Another Steeler win from freak plays. This one, an all time record that may never be done again.

At one point, this baby could've been 28-7 though. Pitt could've run away with this. You couldn't expect the Zona defense to play like this every game. Vegas was pretty close.

This game was interesting as offense almost beat Defense in the end---
Zona D was not good at all in this game.

It was all up to their Offense--

It was a basic toss up to as who would win this game outright---

I mean it was like taking a coin and flipping it, this game was like a roulette wheel and a toss up, there was no real advantage to either side--

The 7 points were free points for ZONA--

I agree with GMAN I capped it as ZONA winning this easier, had they made the play before half I think they win this game, as capped.

Pitts to its credit found a way every single time. They are a deserving champion but the spread was on ZONA, they almost won the game and thats why i felt they were a good bet on the spread.

Again, I've learned my lesson tonight. The NFL wants a close Superbowl no matter what. From a betting aspect, I will not forget this...

Sammy, props to you for your excellent thread in the two weeks leading up to the game. You were absolutely right, the game was a tossup. Tomlin showed once again why you can't lay points with his Steelers against good teams. For a SB winning coach he does absolutely nothing. I thought the Cards came out very conservative and had a case of nerves early, but from the 2nd quarter on they totally outplayed the Steelers.

It really helps your coaching ability when every single challenge-worthy call goes your way initially on the field.

I will say this, Tomlin should've went for the TD on the 1 yd Linein the 1st qtr... that FG was way too conservative!

what were the suspect officiating calls?

The calls that prolonged the Steelers drive in the 3rd that ended up in a FG were a joke. The facemask shouldn't have been called, there was hardly a twist and the guy was pushed out of bounds. It would've been a five yarder in past years, which means it doesn't qualify as a 15. And the roughing the passer was a complete farce.

The kicker is the fact that reviewable play went the Steelers way initially on the field. Thank god they have booth reviews in the last two minutes or else the Cards would've run out of challenges.

Still, the Steelers played well enough to win in the end. The Cards played well enough to win in 57 minutes. That was the difference.

i agree there were calls that went the steelers way...i thought he was trying to say the cardinals were getting some calls...

its just the way it is...the steelers are the luckiest team ever...i mean theyre obviously good and they make their own luck to an extent and they didnt win this game because of luck, but it just seems like they always get all the calls and all the breaks and all the bounces and all the crazy 50/50 plays go their way

Well, good health to all. I hope everyone had a good night! STEELER NATION... (winningist franchise in NFL history... Out!)

The difference is that at end of games the D coordinator has to come up with good calls--

He had to play to win and get pressure on BEN but he gave him time, he is best QB in the league with time, he should ahve send corner blitzes and played to win right there-

had they send WILSON on a blitz and sacked BEN there is a good chance they win the superbowl.. They needed one good sack and they sat back and left Holmes open for a huge gain anyway--

You dont play zone in that spot and give BEN all day , that is what he excells at making plays from the pocket--

ZONA D coordinator lost that game for ZONA--

I guess it figures as ZONA D lost the game for them, if they had a D they would have won the game

its just the way it is...the steelers are the luckiest team ever...i mean theyre obviously good and they make their own luck to an extent and they didnt win this game because of luck, but it just seems like they always get all the calls and all the breaks and all the bounces and all the crazy 50/50 plays go their way

Not many things an Eagle fan and a Cowboy fan can agree upon, but I'm with you there. :shake:

ben is not good at throwing the deep pass vs a blitz, he cant throw that nice fade ball downfiedl--

they made him really comfortable by not blitzing and getting no pressure--

all they needed to do was a corner blitz or delayed blitz--

instead they missed BEn so many times, one sack and it was over--

ZONA loss is on the D coordinator, he got scared like a bitch and lost the game--

Because he got so conservative it actually worked against them as BEN hit the TD--

there was no way BEN was getting the TD if they pressured him, he is not that type of QB, he is about time and scrambling--

FUCK assole learn who you are playing againt, they fucked up big time at end of game, stupid bullshit play calling,

coordinator got nervous and played it safe and lost--

WHen u pressure BEN there is no way HOLMES is that open vs any tight man coverage-
What a joke ZONA WAS THERE

They got so fucking conservative protecting I dont know who , that they let the best receiver get wide open and catch a long pass on them--

Aaron Francisco and ROD Hood are both garbage, if zona had 2 better players they would be better and win.

thats what Ben does though...he runs around...almost gets sacked 4 times...throws up some bullshit...and someone catches it for a first down...

its their go to play

Speakig of that how the fuck does Holmes beat all 3 Cards db`s on that play for the touchdown-

what are they watching there. there is no way you can let one guy beat 3 db`s----

All in all Zona pass D was weak, they almost sacked BEn at his own 12 yard line, that would ahve been game I think.

The difference is that at end of games the D coordinator has to come up with good calls--

He had to play to win and get pressure on BEN but he gave him time, he is best QB in the league with time, he should ahve send corner blitzes and played to win right there-

had they send WILSON on a blitz and sacked BEN there is a good chance they win the superbowl.. They needed one good sack and they sat back and left Holmes open for a huge gain anyway--

You dont play zone in that spot and give BEN all day , that is what he excells at making plays from the pocket--

ZONA D coordinator lost that game for ZONA--

I guess it figures as ZONA D lost the game for them, if they had a D they would have won the game
:shake:
You beat me to it play calling on D went soft in the last drive dont understand the change in plan....Pitt made less mistakes & that was your difference.

just caught a replay of the santonio holmes td celebration...

dumping chalk out the ball into his hands and making the throwing it up in the air motion a la LeBron

i like it

thats what Ben does though...he runs around...almost gets sacked 4 times...throws up some bullshit...and someone catches it for a first down...

its their go to play

exactly you nailed it-----

ZOna coordinator should have used a timeout after the holding call--

You have to do a CONTAIN RUSH, you canot let him loose, maybe rush 3 and then send a delayed blitz at him, but rush wide andkeep him insdie the pocket-

He just runs out and makes a play, he did it every play on that winning drive, it was ugly plays and ugly throws----

The D had to pressure BEN there, if you dont you will lose, he is too good with time, he needs time, Philly killed BEN because they gave him no time and pressured him--

WHISENHUNT should take this loss also, assole coached BIG BEN and has no clue how to stop him.

that was just an amazing catch by holmes

i say they make that play one out of 10 times

credit due where credits due

ZOna themselves couldnt believe they were leading---

the D coordinator played it safe, he worried about what if I send pressure and Holmes beats HOOD or catches a slant and takes it for a TD.

that is what he thoguht there--- he was a coward---

if he had balls, he would say to WHISENHUNT, ok fuck it we are pressuring BEN, we know if we dont he will get them into field goal range and tie us for sure---

instead he played it like a bitch--

when u play like a bitch, you willl lose like a bitch

Zona was protecting the end zone there---

it was obvious because on that busted play call no one was on HOLMES, that cannot happen there--

zone is bullshit, ben kills zone----

They needed to get hungry and sack his ass, but because they couldnt sack him they won, he is way too hard to sack, too big, and that won them this super bowl---

Overall bad coaching all around on both teams--

entertaining 4th quarter though

similar to last years game...kind of a blah game for 3 quarters and then an unreal finish

My point is, if you're going to play the ifs and butts were candies and nuts crap, factor in, Pitt should've been up 28-7 and Harrison kept this game in suspense with that awful penalty. Am I saying Zona couldn't score 38 on Pittsburgh if they played again? No. But let's see where these teams are next year. Better team won. They play ten times, Pitt covers 5 times. Vegas was close.

yeah but the fact arizona shoulda been up 14-10 at half supersedes and negates the fact that pitt shoulda been up 28-7

yeah but the fact arizona shoulda been up 14-10 at half supersedes and negates the fact that pitt shoulda been up 28-7

If Tomline had gone for a td like anyone with grapefruits would have, that game is 28-7 and likely ends up Giants vs Broncos, if you remember that game. It could've been a Pitt blowout easy.

well they never stopped it and went to an official review

michaels just said something like they looked at and determined it was ok...which is a crock of shit...ive seen less ruled forward passes

If Tomline had gone for a td like anyone with grapefruits would have, that game is 28-7 and likely ends up Giants vs Broncos, if you remember that game. It could've been a Pitt blowout easy.

true but remember the steelers had been brutal on short yardage so they coulda got stopped but then that mighta led to a safety so then it woulda been 2-0 instead of 3-0...but they woulda been getting the ball.....

true but remember the steelers had been brutal on short yardage so they coulda got stopped but then that mighta led to a safety so then it woulda been 2-0 instead of 3-0...but they woulda been getting the ball.....

Eh, I had Zona under 29.5, so I probably did get lucky (though I'd bet if they played ten times, Zona scores less than 21 5 times at least), but what happens if they stop Ben on 4th and 1 (very unlikely,imo)? Cards first drive begins at the one inch line? What play do you call? Zona was not ready to play then. And keep in mind, a holding call at the goal line gave Zona momentum in the 4th. IF htat doesn't happen, game over. Pitt wins 20-14. Vegas had it 6.5-7, factor in Tomlin pussying out and a couple other wussie calls, and it goes back to the main emphasis of my original post: They play ten times, Pitt wins by a td 5 times.

BTW, all of my customers are from central Jersey and I live in Texas, so overall, I had no dog in this fight, other than wanting to prove I didn't luck out on Zona scoring under 29.5.

This game was interesting as offense almost beat Defense in the end---
Zona D was not good at all in this game.

It was all up to their Offense--

It was a basic toss up to as who would win this game outright---

I mean it was like taking a coin and flipping it, this game was like a roulette wheel and a toss up, there was no real advantage to either side--

The 7 points were free points for ZONA--

I agree with GMAN I capped it as ZONA winning this easier, had they made the play before half I think they win this game, as capped.

Pitts to its credit found a way every single time. They are a deserving champion but the spread was on ZONA, they almost won the game and thats why i felt they were a good bet on the spread.

btw, I love how you flip flop on a lot of stuff, but in the nfl playoffs, you were unflappable. You called the Bmore/Miami score and a few others. And you said Zona would cover, so you were right there, but you did say they would win outright as well. You're a great handicapper though.

i hear ya, i was just being devils advocate to the devils advocate...

Cool. Like I said, my financial status is literally up to what goes on in the Philly/Central Jersey area, so we got something in common and nothing personal at all.

This thing could've gone either way.

How does this game play out if the officiating wasn,t so busy throwing flags ? Final penalties show Pit-7 - 56 , Cards 11 - 106. How does this game play out if the penalty yardage is reversed.
Ive never seen a penalty for roughing the holder ? Roughing on Ben. R was bogus too. Interesting you never see the books put out props on total penalty yards against. What should be a even proposition would look like this
Total penalties yard against Cards -350
Steelers+300

Yes , Warner interception at the half was huge turnaround . Yes, the Card D couldn,t hold in the last two minutes of the ball game.
But why the GIVEN that the Steelers will benefit in the penalty department before the game starts. The NFL is a Joke.

Also, what if Harrison doesn't score on that int? Larry Fitz was waaaaaaay out of bounds and never re-established himself before grabbing onto Harrison. Where was the flag on that one?

Back