Impact of Games Saturday

Santacapper

Pretty much a regular
Thought Id throw the possibilitie tomorrow into a thread, as they have to IMO play an impact in capping the rest of the games until the start of the playoffs.

Eastern Conference
  • Toronto needs to win in regulation tomorrow night to have any shot at a playoff birth, OT will eliminate them. Playing the Leafs on the ML is of no value
  • NY IslVaanders need to win out and have a MTL loss Saturday to sneak in. Playing NJ got a whole lot easier on Sunday with the division wrapped up for the Devils
  • Ott / Pens still fighting for home ice, Pens playing a Rangers team who cannot move up or cannot move down.
  • Tampa Bay win over Atlanta and a Rangers loss to Pitt will give Lighting 6th spot and a date with the Thrashers in the first round
Western Conference
  • Calgary needs a win to avoid having to play for their playoff lives vs the Avs on Sunday. Same goes for Colorado, need a win to make the game on Sunday winner take all...
  • Vancouver can clinch the division with a win, huge difference in 3rd or 7th. MInny need to win to have a shot
  • Nashville can clinch Home ice in the first round with a W tomorrow night.
  • SJ will be in control, as a win and a Ducks loss to Columbus will give them the division title and push the Ducks down to 5th or possibly even 6th if Dallas wins out
Thats all I can think of, anybody else got any, put em in:cheers:

Last edited:
From the LITTLE I know about betting hockey, doesn't the final stretch run get kinda nuts. And this favorite lines become inflated, and large favs SHOULD be avoided.

Just throwing in my thoughts...

From the LITTLE I know about betting hockey, doesn't the final stretch run get kinda nuts. And this favorite lines become inflated, and large favs SHOULD be avoided.

Just throwing in my thoughts...

The nice thing about the schedule makers, they have given us some huge faves, Calgary, Detroit, Minny

But at the same time, have lined some games with teams still playing for something of importance dog tags vs teams that are playing for something as well. Nashville as a dog, Vancouvers as a pretty large dog, TOronto in regulation as a fair pup all present some value IMO and will probably play em myself. :shake:

The nice thing about the schedule makers, they have given us some huge faves, Calgary, Detroit, Minny

But at the same time, have lined some games with teams still playing for something of importance dog tags vs teams that are playing for something as well. Nashville as a dog, Vancouvers as a pretty large dog, TOronto in regulation as a fair pup all present some value IMO and will probably play em myself. :shake:

Imma be on unpopular dogs tomorrow. I'll post a thread. Looking from thoughts from the hockey guys, b/c I dont know much. I will simply be gambling on the #'s.

GL

Believe - there have been some big dog barking this week... can think of 2 +300 ML faves this week off the top of my head

Surely to god, calgary gets it done tonight! Montreal and toronto should be a game for the ages. montreal tanked it in new york. I mean theres not showing up and then theres not showing up.

I could easily be wrong but if Atlanta loses and the Rangers lose to Pitt I believe it gives Atlanta a matchup with Tampa instead of the Rangers in the playoffs which would sound good to me. Possible dump spot?

Today should be grand...Sharks win Ducks loss and you have one of the biggest choke jobs in NHL history for a reg season title...still need a lot of luck today but I'd love to parlay SJ with CBJ to just say I did it if it goes through....good analysis SC.

"Looks like I picked the wrong day to give up drinking..." Airplane movie quote.

I could easily be wrong but if Atlanta loses and the Rangers lose to Pitt I believe it gives Atlanta a matchup with Tampa instead of the Rangers in the playoffs which would sound good to me. Possible dump spot?

Tuck. you're very right about that. Missed that, I could have sworn I read it was all but a done deal. :shake:

Today should be grand...Sharks win Ducks loss and you have one of the biggest choke jobs in NHL history for a reg season title...still need a lot of luck today but I'd love to parlay SJ with CBJ to just say I did it if it goes through....good analysis SC.

"Looks like I picked the wrong day to give up drinking..." Airplane movie quote.

Im doing one for PHilly and Tor Reg for the same reasons, lol. GL

I cant believe Calgary lost, or more so I cant believe Edmonton won. Why win this one??? They screwed themselves out of the draft lottery.

Back