I'm thinking about stepping out on Oakland...(football heads discuss)

IvyinBarondise

Pretty much a regular
I'd like to hear what you guys have to think about this game. I'm considering going a LOT heavier then 3 bills that I posted and I wanna know what you guys think about the game in general before I step out. I've had a pretty good feel for this season so far. I should've been on this forum all season but now that I'm looking at it more, I wanna hear what you guys think. :cheers3:

Im all about buying low/selling high on teams and this certainly would fit that category perfectly. Just tough to know how the Raiders will bounce back after losing their coach then playing one of the best teams in the league so tough just to lose. I think taking the points is the right play here just tough for me to do it.

One game doesnt fix them. SD was looking ahead to KC when playing Oakland. There are many better games to bet on. Arixona is a solid team and should put the Raiders away.
Just my 3 cents. GL

keep it a single unit play an move on to another game.
This. Never "step out" and put your hard earned money on a 0-5 team going with a rookie QB. Carr might have some success actually in this game with Arizona's 31st ranked passing defense but the Raiders defense is pretty bad. I think the Raiders can keep it close playing at home but I wouldn't "step out". Like tru said, keep it a single unit play.

some guys i know were high on Oakland last week. Made me take a bigger look at them and what they can do. I know a capper who spends every week just looking for the 3.5-4 point home team dogs. I don't mind betting good money on bad teams, I'm just playing devils advocate and trying to see a reason why they don't deserve a solid play here, I still haven't found one.

I'm just playing devils advocate and trying to see a reason why they don't deserve a solid play here, I still haven't found one.

Cardinals defense is light years ahead of the Raiders. Too many are looking at the Raider's success throwing vs SD and the Cardinals pass D ranking. Cards held Rivers to 1 td 1 int, Eli threw 2 ints, Cousins 3. Peyton carved them up (a huge reason for the ranking) but also threw 2 ints. There 's no chance that a rookie qb has a couple picks vs the Cards?

sd was not looking ahead to kc, dont use that angle please

Teams do this often. Don't see why you had such a rejected thought on that point. Last example was Cleveland
in Tenn before the Pittsburgh game.

Teams do this often. Don't see why you had such a rejected thought on that point. Last example was Cleveland
in Tenn before the Pittsburgh game.

Teams don't do this that often in the NFL, it happens much more in college. Why in the world would SD have been looking ahead to KC though? The Chiefs suck, the game is in SD this week....what would be the reason for a look-ahead by SD?

You could do this for every team every single week if you think teams like SD are looking ahead to teams like KC. That's crazy.

some guys i know were high on Oakland last week. Made me take a bigger look at them and what they can do. I know a capper who spends every week just looking for the 3.5-4 point home team dogs. I don't mind betting good money on bad teams, I'm just playing devils advocate and trying to see a reason why they don't deserve a solid play here, I still haven't found one.

Sure they might deserve a play, but what's the reason to step out and make it a much bigger than normal play? You get burned doing that in the long run. If you like the play, then play it as you normally would. Pat yourself on the back after it wins if you'd like, but there's no reason to make this an exceptionally big play.

Teams don't do this that often in the NFL, it happens much more in college. Why in the world would SD have been looking ahead to KC though? The Chiefs suck, the game is in SD this week....what would be the reason for a look-ahead by SD?

You could do this for every team every single week if you think teams like SD are looking ahead to teams like KC. That's crazy.

Crazy? Ok. No point to offer any look ahead thoughts.
Raiders were sinply nothing to be excited about playing. Chargers walked in there thinking they couldnt lose, to such a bogus team at this point of the season. KC was on deck.

Crazy? Ok. No point to offer any look ahead thoughts.
Raiders were sinply nothing to be excited about playing. Chargers walked in there thinking they couldnt lose, to such a bogus team at this point of the season. KC was on deck.

Sure, let's just say this is right....has nothing to do with KC being on deck. SD was not looking ahead to the Chiefs.

Pretty much any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday in the NFL....we've seen it for years and years now. Just because a team plays poorly doesn't mean they were looking ahead to their next game. The chances of them looking ahead goes way down when you're talking about a team like the Chiefs.

As for what you put in bold from my comment, I stand by it.....teams in the NFL do not 'look ahead' to their next opponent that often, not nearly as often as you may see it in college.

I just don't see this as a good angle at all to use in the NFL, and I certainly don't see how SD would have look ahead of a division rival who was coming off a bye.

I personally really think it only works in CBB, a little in CFB, and probably a little in the NBA.

I just don't see this as a good angle at all to use in the NFL, and I certainly don't see how SD would have look ahead of a division rival who was coming off a bye.

I personally really think it only works in CBB, a little in CFB, and probably a little in the NBA.

:shake:

Sure, let's just say this is right....has nothing to do with KC being on deck. SD was not looking ahead to the Chiefs.

Pretty much any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday in the NFL....we've seen it for years and years now. Just because a team plays poorly doesn't mean they were looking ahead to their next game. The chances of them looking ahead goes way down when you're talking about a team like the Chiefs.

As for what you put in bold from my comment, I stand by it.....oteams in the NFL do not 'look ahead' t their next opponent that often, not nearly as often as you may see it in college.

So, they do look ahead, but their chances go down, and teams in the NFL " do not look ahead" but its not that often? I guess that means they can look ahead.?

So, they do look ahead, but their chances go down, and teams in the NFL " do not look ahead" but its not that often? I guess that means they can look ahead.?

Yes, it happens from time to time. When I said "their chances go down" I was referring to the fact it was the Chiefs on deck, and the chances of SD looking ahead goes way down...meaning they weren't looking ahead to KC.

I haven't yet said that is doesn't ever happen in the NFL...I'm sure it does in certain situations at certain points in the year. It's very, very doubtful that SD was looking ahead to KC. Why would they be looking ahead to KC? I've asked that a few times now, but haven't received a response. Other than just saying it because SD squeaked out a road win in OAK, what do you think would have been any reason that SD was looking ahead to KC?

Back