I'm in need of a win..

• Thread starter Thread starter abcs
  • Start date Start date
A

abcs

Starting to get a little angry with this nba basketball ..
purple.gif
I know this is a huge public play, but it seems to easy. The hawks are without Acie Law which is huge. The Hornets have had 2 or 3 days to think about their embarrassing loss to the Wolves :hang:I think Marvin Williams will sit this game out as well, so it basically comes to down to Joe Johnson tonight. The hornets are one of the best road teams in the league, and one of the top 4 or 5 teams in the West in my opinion. I expect a huge crowd of 485 people tonight in Philips Arena. The Hawks wins have come mostly against unathletic teams.
I just can't see how Anthony and Lue matchup with Pargo, Bo Jax and Paul. I have had the unfortunate luck of late of betting against teams that shoot like 67% on that given tonight.. I wont be surprised to see Josh Smith who shoots like .00008 from three go 10 / 10 tonight.

Hugo-Photo10.jpg
-1 (+100) Risking 3.5 units

Here was the Hawks starting 5 last game..
<table class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="datahead"><td colspan="6">Starters</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2">Pos</td> <td class="datahl2">Player</td> <td class="datahl2">Min</td> <td class="datahl2">Pts</td> <td class="datahl2">Ast</td> <td class="datahl2">Reb</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> G</td> <td class="datacell"> Anthony Johnson </td> <td class="datacell"> 29:32</td> <td class="datacell"> 6</td> <td class="datacell"> 6</td> <td class="datacell"> 1</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> G</td> <td class="datacell"> Joe Johnson </td> <td class="datacell"> 39:26</td> <td class="datacell"> 21</td> <td class="datacell"> 2</td> <td class="datacell"> 2</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> F</td> <td class="datacell"> Josh Smith </td> <td class="datacell"> 40:57</td> <td class="datacell"> 10</td> <td class="datacell"> 7</td> <td class="datacell"> 8</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> F</td> <td class="datacell"> Mario West </td> <td class="datacell"> 14:33</td> <td class="datacell"> 4</td> <td class="datacell"> 0</td> <td class="datacell"> 3</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2"> C</td> <td class="datacell"> Al Horford </td> <td class="datacell"> 25:49</td> <td class="datacell"> 12</td> <td class="datacell"> 1</td> <td class="datacell"> 6</td></tr></tbody></table>
I honestly think they will struggle to score.. I just cant envision those clowns getting many hoops

Yes. I was at +30 units a couple weeks ago..:spank:As long as i stay in the green I will continue to bet hoops. I have been raping the books in football and golf, so I only branch out into hoops just to hang out with you guys. :13_1_102v:

The Hawks wins have come mostly against unathletic teams.

Are you kidding with this?? The only teams ATL can beat are athletic teams that play uptempo. The only unathletic team they've beaten was the Heat. Otherwise they've beaten the Mavs, Suns, Bobcats, and Bucks. I'm not sure how you'd classify the Twolves, they're athletic I guess, they pretty much just suck though. The Hawks can't beat teams that slow it down, not speed it up. I think Chris Paul will kill them, but I don't think the Hornets style of play is anything but a positive for the Hawks.

Also, about the lineup, you know damn well that Mario West starting means nothing. Chilldress will be playing 35ish minutes if Marvin is out, and I think that's a good thing. Marvin is better to have starting when Acie Law is playing, cause he makes every open jump shot, but Chilldress can make his own shot which is necessary with Johnson or Lue at PG.

I don't blame you, in need of a slump buster, for betting against the Hawks tonight. It's never really a bad idea to bet against them on any type of hot streak, but I don't think the Marvin injury or the fact that they only when against unathletic teams is the reason to do it. Not to mention that they're a home dog, looking for revenge against a team that killed them at home last year, and that they are always gonna want to beat Chris Paul because people never stop talking about him. This team is scary when they want to win.

Yea i might have been wrong about unathletic teams but Dallas isnt that athletic. I dont think the Suns are that athletic.. sure Amare and Marion are but nash, hill and bell aren't that great. The young athletic teams in my opinion are teams like the Raptors, Sonics, Boncats..

Hell now Im confused :)

I mean, if the Hornets want to, Paul could slow the game down and play a halfcourt game and kill them, but I don't think that's in Paul's nature. I think the Hornets will get sucked into a faster tempo, and the Hawks will win. I also forgot to mention the lookahead for the Hornets compared to the two games off for the Hawks. They have a lot of reasons to be focused on winning this game tonight. After this they'll definitely have Marvin and Law back, and they go into a 4 game stretch against @Philly, Det, Minny, and Memphis, where they should be able to get over .500.

hardaway_lakers.jpg
+5.5 (-105) to win 3 units

I figured Okur was out.. thats no biggie, but boozer being out is huge! I would have loved those other 2 points but I dont think I'll need them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back