I'm a sucker, a sap, a fool . . .

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
SF ML +385 - .25 of a unit

I refuse to use the term 'perfect storm' but I do think a lot of things set up well for the Niners here.

Now, that could just mean they lose by 14 instead of 24, however, I think this team rallies around Mike Nolan tonight. This guy just lost his dad and I think this team really sells it out tonight for the guy.

Again, that may not be enough, but look at the other elements going into this thing. There's the revenge factor, SF losing to Seattle, somewhat badly in SF earlier in the year. There's the injury factor, no Alexander, no Branch. Then there's this weather thing about the wind tonight, which suggests it should be a ground game. And Morris is fine, but if you're giving me a choice between Morris and Frank Gore, I'll take Frank Gore.

This is just a total shot in the dark, really they may get killed, but I have this weird feeling that we get a feel-good story tonight.

Good luck no matter what you play, I'm just going to ride real small with the Niners, hope they score first so I can guarantee a profit in-game, and see if they don't just pull it out.

the funny thing is, Morris has a better average per carry than both Alexander and Gore... but of course with only about 30 carries..

I know you said "if you're giving me a choice between Morris and Frank Gore, I'll take Frank Gore."...

but the question is... would you rather have Frank Gore against the 14th ranked rush defense in the league or Morris against the 25th ranked??

btw.. and I hate to bring this up since we are still friends Joe.. haha.. but don't you recall that Seattle/Philly game in the snow/bad weather a couple years ago??.. you know.. the 42-0 one..

I mean, I know it was McMahon and Detmer quarterbacking that day, but it WAS in Philly.. and Alex Smith isn't much better than those anyway...

should be an interesting game though... I don't see much offensive stats being put up, but the Niners should make plenty of mistakes I think.

seems like a reasonably sound bet... it's not like your betting the house on it... anything can happen....

GL tonight!

btw.. and I hate to bring this up since we are still friends Joe.. haha.. but don't you recall that Seattle/Philly game in the snow/bad weather a couple years ago??.. you know.. the 42-0 one..

Ha. You know what I remember about that game? Begging, BEGGING people to be careful taking the Eagles. It was such a bad setup on about ten levels all I could see were problems and, as it turned out, it was even worse than I could have imagined.

As Mogo said, thing is, anything can happen and this isn't even me handicapping the game as much as it's just me taking a flyer based on the weather and the emotion.

But, really, Seattle should win this game by 20. But emotion can be a funny thing.

Horrible offensive line play has almost killed this team's season. I really don't understand it, because the only change is Staley. And, I think he's done a great job, especially for a rookie.

I think the key will be how Snyder and Baas fill in, on the O-line. I think they are both good enough to get the job done. But, there isn't much depth left.

In the first game, the line had too many breakdowns. Somebody will have to account for Peterson. He had 3 sacks, the first time around.

Vernon Davis is now healthy, so they may have to use Peterson to help in defending the pass.

I agree that the team will try to rally for the Nolan family. It's sad to say, but a win tonight could get them back in the race to win the crappy NFC West.

but a win tonight could get them back in the race to win the crappy NFC West.

You know what's even worse, a win by SF here almost gets St. Louis back in the NFC West race.

but a win tonight could get them back in the race to win the crappy NFC West.

You know what's even worse, a win by SF here almost gets St. Louis back in the NFC West race.

You're right. If SF wins tonight, the NFC West is anybody's for the taking.

Joe Phins gonna beat the Eagles ?

No, but I'm frightened to say it might be closer than 10 points.

Here's the problem with the Eagles this year--other than the fact that they're bouncing every other game and truly aren't that good.

Normally this would be the game where they would be favored by 10 and they'd either win by 3 or 4 or lose outright. And everybody would grumble because they let an inferior team push them around and it was going to be part of the reason they went 10-6 rather than 13-3 because it was the second time it had happened in a season.

Problem is, this year this isn't that team. They're coming nowhere near 13-3, they probably aren't getting anywhere near 10-6 either, so the lazy attitude that would allow them to slack off going into a game like this can't be there (which isn't to say it won't be). But it can't if they are going to get back into this thing--or even if they're going to pretend to.

I don't think they lose because they've lost their last two home games and Miami just lost perhaps the only game they should have won this year.

If the receivers have a good game and Donovan is on, Eagles win by 14 to 20. If Donovan is off and they have to grind it out it will be the ugliest game you'll watch all weekend and the Fish will almost certainly cover.

Thanks, and trust me, I wouldn't be surprised if the Phins do scare the Birds. Normally this is exactly the spot you'd get a dud from Philly.

Actually, Ghost, I bought out of this at half with the Seahawks. I probably should have just let it die since it was so small, but it really looked like the Niners had just quit so I got lucky on the buy back.

=)

Call me a sucker, a sap, a fool as well...I bought into Keyshawn Johnsons hype before the game LOL

Back