i'll take a shot with the clippers

• Thread starter Thread starter Billivy
  • Start date Start date
B

Billivy

LAC +6.5 (330 to win 300)

they match up well against seattle...they won three of four quarters last night and now seattle's supposed to have a 12 point turnaround in 24 hours? This is too many points IMO, it's worth a small play

Seattle's starters saw more minutes last night, and the Clippers are a little deeper...gonna be tough for a convincing Seattle win obviously

he was probable before...now it's questionable...

he finished the 4th on the bench last night but i just assumed he'd be fine...nothing seemed too wrong...apparently his groin is fairly well strained...he wasn't a HUGE factor last night however and since I already placed my bet @ 6.5 i'm not gonna pretend i didnt...lol

I grabbed the 7.5 ... Hoping to middle if Cassell gives it a go. I can't see the line going anywhere but down from this position. GL

Cassell seems doubtful from what I read coupled with his injury history so think Ewing gets the start...and I dont think that LAC is really that deep...this is the time of year being shorthanded can really hurt...dont like LAc at all but tough to lay the points with Sea..went small at -7.5....seems to be an overadjustment to make u feel there is value in LAC....hell last home meeting was -2...BOL

Cassell seems doubtful from what I read coupled with his injury history so think Ewing gets the start...and I dont think that LAC is really that deep...this is the time of year being shorthanded can really hurt...dont like LAc at all but tough to lay the points with Sea..went small at -7.5....seems to be an overadjustment to make u feel there is value in LAC....hell last home meeting was -2...BOL

I agree that the Clips are not deep at all. Still, they shoulda been favored by more than 2.5 last night. I thought the opening line of 4.5 was correct. Now the Sonics favored by 8? My numbers say Clips, but sometimes it's best to listen to the oddsmakers....pass.

I seriously doubt Cassel plays after watching the game last night. They were rotating him in and out between offensive plays after he pulled the groin.

the line is just an overcompensation in my view,

i added another 300 at +8 btw

This is a very bad bet on LAC tonight. C'mon now you bet this game not knowing if Cassell would play? Are you serious? If there is one lesson to be learned about betting the NBA it's to make sure that the team you're betting on has a real point guard. Look at the lack of success even the good teams have had when they're without their point guard. Nash, Deron Williams, Jayson Williams, Jameer Nelson and I'm sure I've left out a couple. Bottom line is the back up point guard is the back up for a reason. Look what happened to the Nets when Kidd didn't play. It's just too hard to win without a quarterback.

This is a sucker bet on LAC. Yeah, they may, win cover and get you your dream house on the hill but I think this has blowout written all over it.

Good luck but I'm betting against you.

This is a very bad bet on LAC tonight. C'mon now you bet this game not knowing if Cassell would play? Are you serious? If there is one lesson to be learned about betting the NBA it's to make sure that the team you're betting on has a real point guard. Look at the lack of success even the good teams have had when they're without their point guard. Nash, Deron Williams, Jayson Williams, Jameer Nelson and I'm sure I've left out a couple. Bottom line is the back up point guard is the back up for a reason. Look what happened to the Nets when Kidd didn't play. It's just too hard to win without a quarterback.

This is a sucker bet on LAC. Yeah, they may, win cover and get you your dream house on the hill but I think this has blowout written all over it.

Good luck but I'm betting against you.
handy betting on clippers on the road espically without both of their PGs will land you to the crazy house?

the line has been compensated, overcompensated IMO...i feel that w/o those players the line is too high...that was the point, if they give it a go...i pick up som added value...i've used this process before with decent success

the line is just an overcompensation in my view,

i added another 300 at +8 btw

Or its doing everything possible to the ugly duckling lucky pretty...LAC being the ugly duckling.....Char probably lucked good as big dog last nite as well..some injuries cant be overcome...

Just my two censt I dont want to see you lose money but I think you overinvested win or lose..

looks like billivy wont go be going to the crazy house anytime soon

nice pick

looks like Ivy will be getting his dream house on a hill after all!

:an_roll_laugh:

Played this game with Seattle ML and Seattle -5.5. Then I read that Allen won't be playing. Decided to play LAC ML and LAC +8 to cover my earlier Seattle bets.

You have been nice to see Seattle win by 5 as I would have won Seattle ML, Seattle spread, and LAC spread. Instead, I got Seattle ML and LAC spread.

Congrats on your Clippers win. I certainly wouldn't have been as outspoken had I known Ray wasn't playing but I still wouldn't have made that bet. The NBA has proved to me game after game that it's nearly impossible to win without a real point guard. Clippers had nothing last night. I fell asleep during the second half so I have no idea what that game looked like after the half. I woke up with three minutes to go.

All I know is don't bet on teams who don't have their point guard. It's just a bad bet.

the golden rule has to be to not lay large numbers with teams as bad as the sonics...i'll fade those lines all season long

I hope you reazlie that Allen being out was what saved you...If Allen has a 8 pt game....

that's a silly comment, if allen was in and had an 8 point game the Clippers would have theoretically lost by 3.

his position did not yield 0 points last night,

no one player for the sonics would have been enough of a difference to blow out the clippers, LAC played solid defense all night...like i said, an ugly game in which the points could only yield positive results...you simply cannot lay 8 points when you play THAT bad

I love these debates, so entertaining to me....

-You would have lost if Allen was in, he's their whole offense!

-Nah, fuck that, Allen wouldn't have meant shit! Who the fuck is he?

-What? He's their franchise player and averages 27 a game!

-He made no difference, idiot, the fucking play was solid!

HAHAHAHA

BTW, the reason why these debates are so silly is because had anybody known Allen wasn't gonna play, the line would have been tiny, and Ivy wouldn't have taken it in the first place. He's as important to his team as any player in the NBA. So it doesn't matter what WOULD HAVE happened, what matters is that Ivy wouldn't have taken the play in the first place. It's a great break. No need to defend the play, you won and that's the bottom line. If I bet against Seattle and Allen doesn't play, I'll be doing cartwheels, not arguing that I would have still won if Allen and his 27 PPG were in there. But please keep up the debate, more amusement for me!

i never said i wasnt happy he didnt play...the idiot said that if allen had been in and scored 8 points i would have lost...ignorance like that cannot be ignored...had allen been out the entire day previously to tipoff you are correct, the line would have been -2 or somthin and i would have stayed away...the point of the play was that seattle is too poor of a team to lay that kind of a number to anybody

You have to be brain dead to think the outcome of this game could've been totally different. If you watched the game you would've noticed that the Clips were double teaming Rashard Lewis and forcing everyone else to beat them. If Allen is on the floor that strategy doesn't work. You got lucky because he didn't play. Of course there is no way to know what would've happened had he played but I seriously doubt we were looking at a close game given that LAC had no point guard. The fact that Seattle couldn't score was the reason why this game was so close.

there is 0 point in speculation,

handy i understand that you lost, you are seriously close to being rude as you usually ride that line around posts of mine...in the future, please refrain from saying shit like "are you serious" in posts of mine. It's simply put annoying.

nobody knows what would have happened if allen played, and keep in mind MY play was predicated on the possibillity that cassel MIGHT still play. I make plays where there is heavy line compensation on a questionable player because all you can get is added value or the correct line in an essential coin toss. That being said, it's gonna be a while before (with or without Ray fucking Allen) I see it justifiable to lay 8 points with the Sonics

end of discussion

Back