If Yao is out . . .

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
Can somebody tell me why I shouldn't play the over?

How does L.A. just not run on them all night long?

Sure, Houston can try to slow it down, but when they put in Vanilla Wafer and those guys, they're gonna speed the tempo.

Smart people, help me out here.

The only reason i see not pounding the over is that the over-train has stopped in Atlanta. I guess the unders will find their way in this game or in Orlando.

The only reason i see not pounding the over is that the over-train has stopped in Atlanta. I guess the unders will find their way in this game or in Orlando.

What does this game have to do with the lakers game.. neither team plays defense like cleveland does,, neither of those teams like to get out and run like the lakers and Houston has guys that can score..
i wrote in the other thread.. i like th eover.. Houston has no shot blockers now.. lakers know that. they will attack the rim.. expect a lot of fouls because of that.. my .02

O/U is 2-3 with Yao Ming out in the season.

I counted 4 games listed below...

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl>3/16/09</TD><TD class=datahl>@ NO </TD><TD class=datahl>W 95-84</TD><TD class=datahl></TD><TD class=datahl>U 181.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl>1/26/09</TD><TD class=datahl>@ NY </TD><TD class=datahl>L 98-104</TD><TD class=datahl></TD><TD class=datahl>U 207</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl>1/25/09</TD><TD class=datahl>@ DET </TD><TD class=datahl>W 108-105</TD><TD class=datahl></TD><TD class=datahl>O 178.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl>11/19/08</TD><TD class=datahl>DAL </TD><TD class=datahl>L 86-96</TD><TD class=datahl></TD><TD class=datahl>U 190</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I counted 4 games listed below...

<table class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="datahl">3/16/09</td><td class="datahl">@ NO </td><td class="datahl">W 95-84</td><td class="datahl">
</td><td class="datahl">U 181.5</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="datahl">1/26/09</td><td class="datahl">@ NY </td><td class="datahl">L 98-104</td><td class="datahl">
</td><td class="datahl">U 207</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="datahl">1/25/09</td><td class="datahl">@ DET </td><td class="datahl">W 108-105</td><td class="datahl">
</td><td class="datahl">O 178.5</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="datahl">11/19/08</td><td class="datahl">DAL </td><td class="datahl">L 86-96</td><td class="datahl">
</td><td class="datahl">U 190</td></tr></tbody></table>

4/10/09 @ GSW W 113-109 O 212

<table class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr class="datarow"><td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

What does this game have to do with the lakers game.. neither team plays defense like cleveland does,, neither of those teams like to get out and run like the lakers and Houston has guys that can score..
i wrote in the other thread.. i like th eover.. Houston has no shot blockers now.. lakers know that. they will attack the rim.. expect a lot of fouls because of that.. my .02

I just based my insights on the playoffs itself and not on the matchup. Before the under in the cle/atl game, over has hit 7 straight. Before that, unders hit 5 straight.

But it is definitely difficult to be on the under in this game because Houston has a little frontline. The only way that this goes under is if Houston piles up bricks because they'll be limited to a jump shooting team.

4/10/09 @ GSW W 113-109 O 212

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>

</TD><TD vAlign=top>

</TD><TD vAlign=top>

</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Wow that game isnt even listed in the game log for Yao over on covers.. shows a game on 4/9 then 4/13

also those first 3 games that Yao didnt play, Mcgrady played...

Shouldn't we expect a smaller, more fast paced Houston team today? Playing at home, I would expect them to shoot a decent percentage. Lakers win, but this game could crack 200 today as Lakers should score in the paint at will. Only way Houston doesn't score at least 90 is if Artest shoots them down the drain with his shot selection.

i think the Rockettes may realize they have no shot and if they start out slowly it may be a "well, we tried"-type effort

Back