If USC at ND is played today (instead of on 10/14), what's the Line?

majent

Oklahoma Sooners
My buddy a huge USC guy thinks his school would be favored.

I predicted a closing line of ND -1.5

Who is right? (probably him but I thought I'd ask)

ND will and should be favored.

USC pedestrian schedule till then (yes, they beat Colorado by DDs)

So, maybe a 2.5, which will be a steal imo .

Notre Dame 45-35 type of affair.

ND can run all over them.
SC has the newbies up front via the transfer portal so let's see if it has made a difference.

Personally, i have never been a fan of DC Grinch as i never saw his defenses improve much in simple blocking/tackling at tOSU, OU and now at SC.

I feel like he has noodie pics of someone in power (maybe Lincoln Riley) because his defenses are swiss cheese but he keeps landing jobs (or basically following Lincoln).

Ugh I don’t know why you’re discounting my vote. USC will not be stopped on offense. Their defense is getting better every week which is to be expected with so many transfers.
Stanford rushed all over them. To the tune of being down 49-3 at ht. You take away their three long runs they rushed the ball 100 yards on 38 attempts. Week before Nevada ran the ball 49 yards on 38 attempts. Yes SC has played weak competition but the offense is for real and the defense is coming around. This game will start a brutal stretch as they are at ND home to Utah bye vs cal then UW, Oregon and UCLA a before the playoffs

Ugh I don’t know why you’re discounting my vote. USC will not be stopped on offense. Their defense is getting better every week which is to be expected with so many transfers.
Stanford rushed all over them. To the tune of being down 49-3 at ht. You take away their three long runs they rushed the ball 100 yards on 38 attempts. Week before Nevada ran the ball 49 yards on 38 attempts. Yes SC has played weak competition but the offense is for real and the defense is coming around. This game will start a brutal stretch as they are at ND home to Utah bye vs cal then UW, Oregon and UCLA a before the playoffs
i don't know the backstory here but it seems like you might feel that USC gets way too much love by the sports bettors out there and is overrated a tad lol? we all know that oddsmakers do not decide the lines - it is the sports bettors who move it into place right ?

your USC -45 and -42 was obviously meant to be funny. i did laugh.

in all seriousness, it sounds like you enjoy CFB and understand scheduling etc.

what is your prediction on the closing line?

Predicting a closing line is difficult but opening USC -2/2.5 makes sense
opening lines can be anywhere but i want to know your prediction on the closing line as that is the one that has been pelted into place by the market.

based on the USC explosive offense, i am beginning to think that you are right -- USC -2.5 or so sounds about right.

a lot can change the next 4 weeks but if it was played today, i think my buddy is right that it will be USC slight fave.

Reactions: KJ
I blindly love three teams in this world. USC, NY Rangers and Manchester United. USC will be lined as a dog in this game by the morons in Vegas. But take my advice and lay 40 something at + odds. Good luck to you. :cheers3:

opening lines can be anywhere but i want to know your prediction on the closing line as that is the one that has been pelted into place by the market.

based on the USC explosive offense, i am beginning to think that you are right -- USC -2.5 or so sounds about right.

a lot can change the next 4 weeks but if it was played today, i think my buddy is right that it will be USC slight fave.
I couldn't predict closing lines, that would drive me bananas

I blindly love three teams in this world. USC, NY Rangers and Manchester United. USC will be lined as a dog in this game by the morons in Vegas. But take my advice and lay 40 something at + odds. Good luck to you. :cheers3:
hahaha good thing you (like my buddy) are not biased :cheers3:

The week of the game lines strictly, not using future lines, GOY lines, etc.

Opening line USC -2

Closing line ND -1

Lot of it depends on next week in South Bend too.

The week of the game lines strictly, not using future lines, GOY lines, etc.

Opening line USC -2

Closing line ND -1

Lot of it depends on next week in South Bend too.
yes tOSU v ND result will factor huge although the SC game is 3 weeks after that, it will still have a huge national audience on Sat 9/23 leaving lotsa impressions lol

tOSU favored at ND by 3 leads me to believe that if SC at ND was this weekend, SC would be favored by 5.5 or higher.

congrats to those of you who predicted that SC would be favored if the game was this week.

you are clearly correct.

:cheers3:

Alex Grinch 5th straight year of mediocre to below mediocre results ?!?!

i'm starting to think that the SEC transfers from Georgia, Auburn, etc, were simply not good enough to play on the squads they left so they came to SC and they are average players at best.

outside of strong performances vs garbage Stanfarce and Nevada, the D has been carved up by San Jose State (who Oregon State dominated) and ASU (who lost the week before 0-29 to Fresno State) and now CU scoring 40 a week after Ore-gone held them to 6, the SC D has been Hot Trash again this year.

the time for excuses is over.

and it is ND -2.5

a few weeks ago that would not have been the case.

it is a shame ND is not undefeated or just 1 loss.

would have been a lot more fun.

My plan, off-season and early on this season was to be all over ND and even moreso the TT.

This number projects out at around 33 right now.

Their offensive play the last few games is mightily concerning, albeit vs solid D's.

(Assuming we're calling UL defense solid now).

i'm starting to think that the SEC transfers from Georgia, Auburn, etc, were simply not good enough to play on the squads they left so they came to SC and they are average players at best.

outside of strong performances vs garbage Stanfarce and Nevada, the D has been carved up by San Jose State (who Oregon State dominated) and ASU (who lost the week before 0-29 to Fresno State) and now CU scoring 40 a week after Ore-gone held them to 6, the SC D has been Hot Trash again this year.

the time for excuses is over.

add AZ with a backup QB RS frosh making his first road start, as another dude who goes crazy vs SC's "defense".

wow. just wow.

add AZ with a backup QB RS frosh making his first road start, as another dude who goes crazy vs SC's "defense".

wow. just wow.
The fitting part -- Brent has transformed OU back into a very good team ON BOTH sides of the ball -+ basically gotten rid of the stench of a defense Reilly had in place.

The fitting part -- Brent has transformed OU back into a very good team ON BOTH sides of the ball -+ basically gotten rid of the stench of a defense Reilly had in place.
Funny how things work out. OU got screwed pretty bad and everyone thought the program was done. Meanwhile SC is a total gong show and would be an absolute disaster record wise if not for Caleb.

Imagine if ND hadn't choked away the OSU game and been abysmal since?.

We'd have 3.5 to 4 here.
The line didn't change after the OSU game.

Both teams have been pretty bad.

The books have been pretty accurate with their ND numbers all year. But how badly have they whiffed on SC? They were off by 20-30 points in the CU/ASU/UA games. Has an adjustment been made yet?

Funny how things work out. OU got screwed pretty bad and everyone thought the program was done. Meanwhile SC is a total gong show and would be an absolute disaster record wise if not for Caleb.

not trying to be a smart-ass here, but who thought OU was done? this is a very proud program with success for a century. was i upset that Lincoln bolted? of course. he did really well in Norman. but i knew the Sooner Brass would bring in the right guy. and they did.

The books have been pretty accurate with their ND numbers all year. But how badly have they whiffed on SC? They were off by 20-30 points in the CU/ASU/UA games. Has an adjustment been made yet?
I understand the lookahead didn't change.

I'm just surprised is all.

Power Rankings should have reflected an awful USC defense all off-season. Basically, none of this should be earth shattering. .

Conversely, ND has gotten worse the last few weeks since the 10 man collapse.

Conversely, ND has gotten worse the last few weeks since the 10 man collapse.
Tough to say if they've really gotten worse IMO. It's only been 2 games and their schedule has just been completely untenable.

SC will be a really good barometer of who they are because they SHOULD win this game. Home field, weather, personnel/style, everything is set up in their favor here.

Really a must win game for Freeman and this program IMO.

the team that ND fielded in L'ville this past saturday cannot beat USC at any venue IMO

I believe SC will stop their Run. if ND cannot throw the ball then I think their goose will be cooked.

***disclaimer: I am biased to USC because they and OU are my two squads I root for every year. so I will be wrong and ND will win by DD likely

i think the market had the CU/ASU/UA lines where they should have been.

don't forget that USC smashed Nevada and Stanfarce and prior to that they beat San Joe St by 28.

on paper, they had to be listed as a big fave over CU who had just lost by 36 in Eugene.

ASU was playing a third string QB that day so the line was supposed to be very high.

Arizona's QB was a back up RS frosh making his first road start.

i think the lines for SC are more a function of how great their O is rather than how bad the D is.

obviously the oddsmakers have missed badly but the market was not exactly steaming those lines 5 points so the market and the "sharps" missed also.

interesting that Arizona played 4 pass rushers and 7 DB's. it worked for 98% of the game.

the team that ND fielded in L'ville this past saturday cannot beat USC at any venue IMO

I believe SC will stop their Run. if ND cannot throw the ball then I think their goose will be cooked.

***disclaimer: I am biased to USC because they and OU are my two squads I root for every year. so I will be wrong and ND will win by DD likely

Oops !!!

SC D actually played well.

They only gave up 13 FD's and 250 yards.

It was the -5 in turnovers (most Caleb) and the ST's (99 yd KOR) that did them in.

USC O and ST let them down, and ND took advantage. Irish were the better team.

Equal credit to ND D for being great and Caleb for sucking. Caleb is superman. He helped ND also.

Anyhow, we move on........

SC D actually played well.

They only gave up 13 FD's and 250 yards.

It was the -5 in turnovers (most Caleb) and the ST's (99 yd KOR) that did them in.

USC O and ST let them down, and ND took advantage. Irish were the better team.

Equal credit to ND D for being great and Caleb for sucking. Caleb is superman. He helped ND also.

Anyhow, we move on........
ND only had the ball for 49 plays becuse they scored on short fields. The defense did not play well LOL

Back