IC: Research June 15th

• Thread starter Thread starter indiancowboy
  • Start date Start date
I

indiancowboy

510/830
3 plays

If you get a chance, my buddy Brandon Lang is giving me a shoutout on his daily video on Friday. I speak with him typically every night or once in 2 days to bounce off ideas and plays and he is one of the most sincere and talented cappers I know. Good luck today b.

To win in sports investing, you must be willing to put the time in and study. Study, study, study. There is no substitute for studying winning streaks, overs, unders, injuries. You can have the greatest talent in the world with respect to teams, but if you do not have the time to study such features, you are not maximizing potential or talent. In other words, it's just like an NBA star. You can have great talent, but if you're not willing to word hard, learn the offense or defensive schemes, your talent can only take you so far as eventually, the "iq" of a game, how well you understand the offensive/defensive schemes come into play.

Now that basketball all is over and baseball is in session, it is important to keep track of the runs that are happening in baseball. Baseball is about runs. Basketball is about situations. Revenge angles, and totals in basketball are all about situation where as baseball is about runs. To prove this point, here is a recap of all the teams and what is going on with them of late. Hence, you can use this to come to your own judgment on teams and that is usually the extra 5% life to make sure that better wagers are placed:

Each week it is important to reassess where you are at when it comes to capping. After all, a team can be a stud at one point such as the Indians, and then a dud the next week. Or, they can be dud for several weeks such as the Mariners, only to be studs such as the Nats who come off a sweep of the Orioles. Were you aware of that? I learn every season and I've learned that every 4 days, it is important to reassess where you are at with respect to teams. You must do this at least once a week, or you are simply betting into a abscess pool.

Enough of that, here is my assessment for this week:

I will have an assessment out every week by Saturday morning. I don't want you to necessarily follow anyone's plays blindly, but I do think the more you are aware of what is going on, 4 things happen. This is especially true in college basketball, my favorite time of the year and college football as there are less games to key in on and therefore, trends can be rode for a longer period of time.

You make better bets.
You are less likely to make bad bets.
You get on the right side of streaks.
There are less surprises and more predictability that occurs.

IC: Resaerch

I am going to have more bets and going to heavily riding such trends over the remaining summer ih baseball and wnba and follow the same philosophy in the nfl, my fav college basketball and college football as well.

Padres - They swept the Dodgers in 3 straight. Then, they were swept by the Mariners in 3 straight. After dropping 1 to the Drays, they have won the last 2. Germano steps up big again. The last 5 of 7 have gone over and they have put across 16 runs in the last 2 games.

Cubs - They have won 8 of 12. Sweet Lou is doing something right, or the fact that this team is just getting things together. Pitching is looking better and better - in part to Zambrano finally showing up - maybe Barrett just shouldn't catch him anymore. They lost 2 of 3 to Atlanta. Then, took 2/3 from Milwaukee. Split the series with Atlanta. Won 1 with Houston and took 2 of 3 from Seattle. Last 4 have gone under due to better pitching.

Braves - Lost 7 of 9. Lucky for them the Mets are sliding too. They just got swept by the Twins. No trends to speak of. Although Probably riding the under 2 of 3 these of these games would have been a sound idea. Maybe that is another feature to look at when betting as well.

Cleveland Atlanta and Cleveland hook up for this series. After losing 3 straight, the Indians took 2 in Florida. The overs might be something to look at in the coming days although the Indians bats need to pick up for that and Sabathia could be lights out for them.

Whitesox Lost 16 of 20 games. Did you know that? Ouch. 8 Games back of .500. Lost 3 of 4 to Toronto. Lost 3 of 4 to Yankees. Lost 2 of 3 to Houston. Got Swept by the Phillies in 3. However, they could see some light as they face an easier interleague opponent in the pirates to come.

Pirates 4th in Division behind Brewers, Cubs and Cards. The Cubs are rising. 8-2-2 in their last 12 when it comes to Overs. Their offense is picking up and their pitching is questionable at times. I'll need to look into riding this a bit more. Took 2 of 3 from Texas after being swept by the Yanks.

Arizona Got swept by the Yankees after losing 2 of 3 to Boston but winning 2 of 3 from the Giants. Have lost 6 of 7 as the last 5 have gone under due to a lack of offense. Something to keep in mind regarding Zona and the unders of late.

Baltimore Dead last in the AL East. Just got swept by the Lowly Nationals at home. Dropped 2 of 3 to Colorado. Lost the last 5 straight and 10 of 12. Last 4 of 6 have gone under. A team that is struggling terribly right now.

Tigers A hot team that is levelling off a bit. Give the Brew Crew some credit, they came back to take 2 from Detroit and actually took the series. Still one of the premiere teams in baseball and still just back of the Indians.

Phillies One of the hottest teams in the league. You wouldn't know it, but they are just a couple games back of the Mets for the division lead. 4 games above .500. Won 3 in a row and 8 of their last 10 after getting swept by the Dbacks. 5 of 7 have gone over due to the recent offensive surge and winning. Just swept Whitesox at home.

Giants Last place in the NL West but just 5 games back of .500. Lost last 4 of 5. Got swept by Oakland but took 2/3 from Toronto. Last 7/9 have gone under as this team is an under team for the year at 26-34.

Red Sox Struggling. Still leading the Division which is a bright spot. Last 4 of 5 have gone under. Offense is struggling terribly. 10 runs in the last 5 games. Lost 2/3 to the Yanks. Lost 3/4 to Oakland. Took 2/3 from Zona. Lost 2/3 to the Rockies. An under might be something to look at here given that Boston is not scoring runs of late, and the Giants are an under team. Noted.

Muts Have won 1 game in the last 9 games. Brutal. Pitching has been struggling and therefore 4/5 and 5/7 have gone over. Pitching gets them down early so then they have to try to come back and not enough runs late. Subway series begins.

Yankees While Mets are going down, Yanks are going up. Won 9 in a row and covered the run-line the last 5 games which says a lot. Pitching has been solid as opponents have been held to 3 or less runs in the last 4/5 starts. Have scored at least 7 runs in 4/5 games which explains the run-line covers.

Washington Last in the Division but one of the most improved teams as the season has progressed. Have won back 2 back series. Swept Baltimore after taking 2/3 from Washington. Now open up a series with Toronto.

Blue Jays 3rd in the AL East. Have won 3/5 but when I think of a .500 team that see-saws back and forth, this team might just be the epitome of them all. 12 of 17 games have gone under of late as well although Halladay has been getting shelled of late.

Rangers Only bright spot is Michael Young. This team continues to struggle otherwise. They lost 2/3 and have continued to lose 2/3 to teams over and over again. Lost 2/3 to Oakland, after getting swept by Boston and losing 2/3 to Minnesotta, lost 3/4 to Seattle, 2/3 to Detroit, won 2/3 to Milwaukee and lost 2/3 to Pittsburgh. 5/7 Games have gone over. Considering taking the Over or the Reds in this series depending on the line.

Reds Took 2/3 from Cleveland, only to give up 2/3 to the Angels. Considering taking the over throughout this series.

Marlins 4th behind Atlanta in the NL East as now the Phillies have overtaken the Braves. Took 2/3 from Atlanta, only to lose back to back series to Tampa bay and the Indians going down 2/3 games in both series. 4-2-1 with the over of late.

Royals Bet you didn't know the Royals have won back to back series against the Cardinals and Phillies. In fact, this team is just a couple games from taking over the White Sox in the AL Central. lol. God, I love baseball. Maybe some good overs to come in this Marlins/Royals series.

Seattle vs. Houston Series Outlook:

Seattle is 2nd in the division. Still an arm's length from the Angels in the AL West. Had won 5 in a row and 9/10 before losing back to back to the Cubs. Last 4/5 have gone under as well. Houston has lost the last 4/5 and the last 3 have gone over as this team is having clubhouse problems as well.

Milwaukee vs. Minnesota

Both teams come of some highs as the Brew crew is still ahead in the NL Central. In fact, you wouldn't know it, but they have won the last 3 series. They've taken 2/3 from the Mets, Rangers and Tigers of late. Surprise Surprise.
The Twins just come off sweeping the Braves.

Tampa Bay vs. Colorado

Tampa Bay 4th in the Al East. Playing much better. Took 2/3 from Florida but lost the rubber game to San Diego at home. The last 5/6 have gone over. Their bats have been doing well of late. Rockies are 4th in the NL West. They have played in 5/6 unders. They are on a 8-3 run and playing very well of late.

St. Louis vs. Oakland

2 Teams going in opposite directions. Only 3rd in the division as they are doing better of late, but still struggling as they lost to the Royals and Angels in back 2 back series. Overs are 4-1-1 of late. Making a massive surge but the Mariners and Angels are also winning. A's are just 3rd in the division but have won 10/12 and the last 5 series. A series bet on them here would be a smart idea and also maybe even some run-line bets.

Angels vs. Dodgers

Angels are on a 14-5 run. Dodgers hate playing the Angels. 6-2-1 when considering Angels overs of late. Angels are first in the AL West. Dodgers are 2nd in AL West behind Padres. Dodgers just swept the Mets and the last 3/4 have gone over. I think the Angels have the edge in this series given how hot they have been and the Dodgers were playing a struggling Mets team. Angels swept Dodgers earlier this season.

3 Plays: Getting There Soon

By the way, if there are any individuals that did not believe I do not know Brandon Lang, I would assume they would feel pretty silly right now. Yes, that means you.

Detroit Tigers -122

Great opportunity for the bounce-back here as this team has lost back to back games to the Brewers. Phillies have been hot but I don't trust Lieber as he had a great outing against the Royals, but before that, he had given up 14 earned runs. I trust the Tiger offense and Bonderman has been solid this year at 6-0 with a 2.63 ERA. Bonderman has won his last 6 starts and I think he has a better outing than his last outing where he gave up 5 runs albeit he picked up the win in that game against the Mets. Great price with Bonderman here as he is 6-0 when the total is set at this pace with the Tigers and the Phillies are 1-5 as an underdog of this margin and they typically struggle in interleague play against winning teams as they are just 1-7. I think the Tigers roll today as this is a decent amount to pay for them after back to back losses.

Chicago White Sox -120
The Whitesox are terrible right now I am well aware. But, I think they will win today. Garland has pitched very well in his last 2 starts and has given up 2 earned runs in his last 15+ innings which shows that he is pitching well but just not getting offense. Well, the White Sox will get him that offense today against Malholm. Malholm is 2-9 this season with a 5.33 ERA. He typically goes no more than 6 innings and gives up 4 runs roughly in each of his start. The Sox come off an embarassing sweep by the hands of the Phillies so they might look to this series as a fresh start to do something positive against a Pirate team that has questionable pitching at times. White Sox are 4-1 in his last 5 interleague starts and the Pirates are 1-9 when Malholm is a dog. The White Sox are favored here for a reason and I think they get it done.

* Series Play:
Oakland A's Run-Line +120 - I'm going to ride the A's blindly all through the series with the Cardinals and I nearly did it while they did it with the Astros and I need to make more series wagers. Danny Haren has been solid all year long and this team is one of the hottest teams in the league. The A's are 10-4 when Haren is on the mound and he has given up 8 earned runs in his last 7 starts. He has won his last 5 games and is 4-0 during that stretch while the Cardinals still continue to struggle. Looper is an average pitcher at best and has given up 23 earned runs in his last 5 starts. This is a mismatch with relation to pitchers so I'm going to take the A's as dogs and throughout their series with the Cardinals in the hopes of cashing in 2/3 games. Cardinals are 1-9 in their last 10 interleague games as dogs of this margin and 2-12 in their last 14 interleague games. The A's are 8-2 in their last 10 games overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
great stuff IC keep it up.. look forward to your thoughts.. my early leansare CHS under 9 and Ari +140
good luck to you

good read, IC.

LAA and LAD have very, very different interleague results as well. Not jsut this year either.

Also, before taking 2 of 3 from the Tigers...didn't the Brewers lose 2 of 3 in their previous two series?

In any case, GL with whatever u play tomorrow.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Thanks IC! great info. Good luck today.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Since you're in med school, maybe you can help me...

I've got a fever. And the only prescription is......

more IC analysis

Will have the plays up by 11:30am, just woke up and slept on the plays.

WOW

And I say again - WOW. Great info as always. I hope you post some overs too. I know it's not your style but I am a totals player mostly and would love to hear what's on your mind.

Long time fan of your stuff IC, been with ya for a while since whowillcover and hope continued success. great writeup as always.

great writeup IC!

i absolutely love haren and the a's today and will play the RL.

that video on lang's video ist pretty cool.

BOL!
:cheers:

No bro, just baseball.

I used to write the research in detail 2 years ago for the other site, so why not do it for baseball.

I remember someone asked what my affiliation with lang was - the thing is I used to have a site called whowillcover.com, then sold it, to sportsadvisors.com to help pay for my sneior year. Sportsadvisors.com and brandon lang have an affiliation as they help him with his marketing. Hence, i got taken out to Vegas and it was a great trip before turning over the site to them. Apparently, sportsadvisors had a feature called whowillcover feature - I didnt know about this when I secured the rights to that name a couple years ago - school got busy, so I sold it.

They, then came back to me and ask if I still wanted to write part time, to that I said sure to pay for senior year.

This is when I met Lang. I don't have an affiliation with them any more but am still good friends with all the guys. I still get offers and who knows maybe soon, I might entertain them. But, the funniest guy on sportsadvisors is quite possibly matt rivers, that fucker is a riot.

To be honest, many of them are no better than the other, but they just market the hell out of everything. It was a good experience and glad I had it.

That's the affiliation Ret. I still talk to B typically at least once in 2 days to discuss plays.

I haven't been back to covers in days since the last time I posted, but I'm sure some individual that doesn't have much time on his hands will copy and paste this there. It's common knowledge don't mind if it is out there.

And Ret, just to let you know, anyone who thinks that some cat emails my professor and states, hi, I"m Albeee from covers and indiancowboy cheated on his exams is an utter idiot :36_11_6:

The truth is, the cat emailed my professor and stated, remember, he used my email that I had in covers which was my old med school email, which I soon took off, but he found out my name from there and contacted my professor and stated, "[my name] cheated on his exams that recently occured and I wanted to remain anonymous and let you know that".

From there, I got called in to my professor who asked me if this was true as we just completed midterms and I said no and pointed him towards the ***** website where his name was at. He laughed and told me to be careful and I told him I would just stop posting there and he said do what you want, but just be careful and that is what I did.

I just thought you should know Ret. We've known each other long enough for you to know the truth.

Take care buddy,
ic

IC :eek: So the fucker did mail your professor after all? What an IDIOT. That's some insane stuff, that guy is highly retarded. And I mean highly.

Glad to hear you sorted that out with your professor. Keep your head up buddy. :shake:

IC, Great thread, I am still pretty stunned after yesterdays events but whatever. I am looking at the Tigers hard as well. Do you have any information on Mitre and a pitch count. I can't be backing him if they are going to pull him after 5ip and 59pitches, thats how they cost me the last game but he is solid as long as he is on the mound.

E,

All I heard about Mitre is that his hamstring might be bothering him but I am not certain. The guy is a competitor and goes balls out the whole way, so I assume he will have a solid outing. Either way, I am staying away from it buddy. gl.

E,

All I heard about Mitre is that his hamstring might be bothering him but I am not certain. The guy is a competitor and goes balls out the whole way, so I assume he will have a solid outing. Either way, I am staying away from it buddy. gl.

Thanks, this is what I was able to dig up from the Miami-Herald..

Sergio Mitre declared himself ''good to go'' for tonight's start in Kansas City.
Mitre, who has started only once since May 30 when he pulled his right hamstring at Wrigley Field, managed to go five innings in Atlanta on June 6 but has remained idle since to allow the injury time to heal.
Gonzalez said Mitre will not be limited to a pitch count.
One factor working in the pitcher's favor: Thanks to the American League's designated hitter rule, he won't risk further injury by attempting to hit or running the bases.

Many thanks for your efforts IC, I enjoyed following you in NBA and will look forward to following you in MLB. GL always!

hey IC, i dont know if u r talking about allbees, but i had a long argument with that guy about this golf contest im in and he was being a prick, my question is what the F*CK is wrong with that guy. also i was wondering if u watched two for the money and what u thought of it??

As always, great write-up IC. You're one of the cappers I look up to.

Keep posting those winners IC!!!

Last edited:
Jim, I thought it was a good movie. Keep in mind that Brandon never really played football though, he played rec basketball I think so not everything is true. Furthermore, Renee Russo's husband is the director he caught up with while he was caddying in cali.

Peronally, I liked the movie and the only thing I wish I could have seen was Mrs. Russo neked. Yes, I think she is still hot at 50+. Oh well. Can't have it all.

Jim, I thought it was a good movie. Keep in mind that Brandon never really played football though, he played rec basketball I think so not everything is true. Furthermore, Renee Russo's husband is the director he caught up with while he was caddying in cali.

Peronally, I liked the movie and the only thing I wish I could have seen was Mrs. Russo neked. Yes, I think she is still hot at 50+. Oh well. Can't have it all.
Looks like a plus money night IC...nice work :cheers: By the way, Renee Russo is definitely hot and she shows a lot more "talent" in The Thomas Crown Affair. You should check it out!

IC, on the other site you stayed away from the nba playoffs towards the end. Just wondering did you post you picks anywhere or did u discuss with brandon lang what you were leaning on.

IC, on the other site you stayed away from the nba playoffs towards the end. Just wondering did you post you picks anywhere or did u discuss with brandon lang what you were leaning on.

He was too busy doing rounds :36_11_6::36_11_6:

Back